Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

Literally, we have swapped Cooper for Diggs and got a 2nd in exchange for a 3rd....I think the Bills come out better considering Amari could be their #1 WR in a few weeks.

Brought in a guy wanting to prove his worth and let go of a guy that needed a change of scenery too I think that’s a big deal on top of just the raw compensation too 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, NoName said:

Amari cooper is a big name but I don’t really know his game.  Can someone tell us what kind of player are we getting? His strengths and weaknesses?

5 Pro Bowls.  A 265 yard game against the Texans in December of 2023 so not over-the-hill yet.  

Decent speed (4.42), good agility & route running.  Can line up in any of the WR slots and create separation.  

Has problems with drops (9 this year already, 7 last year, 11 the year before)...  some injury issues...

What am I missing?  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Now look at what Beane has done in the third.

Dewayne Carter

Dorian Williams

Terrel Bernard

Spencer Brown

pretty good players.  Hopefully Cooper is great and will make me forget it cost us 3rd.

Think of the Vikings #2 pick we have next year as a high 3rd 🙃

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

In what way?  It's going to reduce his playing time.

I don't think it will, and now he'll have a veteran receiver to learn from. Shakir is a different type of wr, I feel like Coleman will learn alot from Cooper 

8 minutes ago, DanInUticaTampa said:

a third round pick could have easily been cut in a few years. We are on borrowed time with how many elite years we have with josh allen. the bills need to be in win now mode, not trying to devise a 5 year plan. we have a ton of draft picks next year as well, and getting comp picks.

Couldn’t have said it better. We want to keep Josh happy in the remaining years we have with him. Keep giving him elite weapons. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Brought in a guy wanting to prove his worth and let go of a guy that needed a change of scenery too I think that’s a big deal on top of just the raw compensation too 

Not to mention he is in a contract year that could potentially be his last big payday in this league.

We will be seeing the best version of Amari Cooper, imo.

• Like (+1) 9

9 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I could def see that, it’s pretty much a no brainer move.  The only gamble was the browns being bad 🤣

I thought you said there was a gamble?

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Last time Beane gave up a third for a WR it turned out to be the inimitable Kelvin Benjamin. 

But the last time he traded a third in season, he got Rasul Douglas, and he moved the needle enough to get us into the playoffs under difficult circumstances. I feel better if I think of it that way. It helps that we still have a 3rd. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

You know what man, you're allowed to have the contrarian opinion. I respect it. But in this case the reason we had to give a 3rd is because the Browns are eating all of the money. We are paying for the low cost as much as we are the player.

Leading the league in drops is a valid concern. But that also means he is in positions where he is open enough to have the ball hit him in the hands. So that is still an upgrade on what we have at outside WR now.

Cooper is clearly an upgrade at the biggest need on our roster. No brainer move.

no doubt he is the best wr on the team.  I am not questioning that.  

I also layed out that I do understand why he cost a 3rd, I get it. 

i just hate trading away top 3 picks even when we have extras.

Also I am a little nervous he shows up a few weeks from now with some minor injury and starts not practicing and then ends up questionable every week.  that is my big concern with the player.

on the field if healthy and 100% into win, he will be a big difference maker.  This team is built to run the ball and if they continue to that cooper, shakir, kincaid and the backs can make the passing game go.

I am not of this opinion to be a contrarian, if you look at my posts here you will see I am pretty consistent with my opinion on trading for wr as the savior, I have never been a fan of it and prefer to build the team in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

5 Pro Bowls.  A 265 yard game against the Texans in December of 2023 so not over-the-hill yet.  

Decent speed (4.42), good agility & route running.  Can line up in any of the WR slots and create separation.  

Has problems with drops...  some injury issues...

What am I missing?  

Can play with any quarterback

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

He was worthless for the chiefs last year until he decided to make a couple massive catches against us in the playoffs 😂 

So can someone please walk up to his locker and tell him it’s past time to ‘decide to make some massive catches’. 😉