Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

38 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

a third round draft pick would have been here for four years and inexpensive.  They traded the opportunity to draft a young player to fit in with a young team going forward for half a season.  

a third and a seventh for cooper and a sixth.

I hate this.  

The Bills have an extra 2nd from Minnesota thru Houston and an extra 4th next year from the Bears...relax, they will be able to add plenty of talent.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I can't remember the last time a hypothetical move widely talked out amongst the fanbase actually happened. This is crazy.

Easy....Proves Beane reads this board 😀

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

So on paper now

Cooper-Coleman outside

Shakir - samuel inside

Knox-Kincaid -tight end

Cook-Davis-Johnson rb

that is pretty good. I imagine next spring the defensive line is going to be the focus.

Still could really use a guy to take the top off of a defense, but that's not too shabby

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, iwishitwerecolder said:

Can’t believe people in here are mad. First it’s “where are Allen’s weapons”. Now’s it’s “we gave it too much”. Like cmon, a third isn’t that bad. We still got two seconds next year as well.

Literally, we have swapped Cooper for Diggs and got a 2nd in exchange for a 3rd....I think the Bills come out better considering Amari could be their #1 WR in a few weeks.

• Like (+1) 4

37 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

OMG

They sent a 3rd for Cooper.  This is beyond terrible.

Dallas sent cooper two years ago to Cleveland for a fifth.

A 3rd round draft pick for a guy leading the league in drops who has questionable desire to play the game.

Just shoot me right now.  

You know what man, you're allowed to have the contrarian opinion. I respect it. But in this case the reason we had to give a 3rd is because the Browns are eating all of the money. We are paying for the low cost as much as we are the player.

Leading the league in drops is a valid concern. But that also means he is in positions where he is open enough to have the ball hit him in the hands. So that is still an upgrade on what we have at outside WR now.

Cooper is clearly an upgrade at the biggest need on our roster. No brainer move.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

My buddy who is a Browns fan still thinks cooper is very good.

Buddies do not allow buddies to remain Browns fans (unless they have done nasty things and this gives them warm feelings)

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

he was traded to cleveland because he was dogging it in the divisional round of the playoffs vs the 49ers.  The coaches wanted him off the team immediately after the game and dumped him for a fifth.

If he is giving 100% and doesn't have a nagging injury he should be a huge difference maker, this week alone he should draw snead in coverage which will keep kincaid or shakir cleaner right off the bat.

That isn't why he was traded. It was about money. They wanted to resign Michael Gallup.  Jerry Jones went on radio and explained it.  The Cowboys were actually trying to get him back this year.  Sites like Athlon Sports just make up stories for clicks and views.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Agree. Hate on Hollins all you want but he can block. If he is your 5th WR he is fine. If he is #1 then your WR group is league worst. 

I think the player who loses out here is MVS

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

The Bills have an extra 2nd from Minnesota thru Houston and an extra 4th next year from the Bears...relax, they will be able to add plenty of talent.

Yes I know their picks.

Having alot of picks doesn't mean just moving one.  If you have a position of strength in the draft I would like to think you play that hand at the draft.

but again, i layed it out in my other post.  They overpayed because they are essentially compensating Cleveland for them taking all his money this year (they did it earlier in the year).  So onward and upward.

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Agree. Hate on Hollins all you want but he can block. If he is your 5th WR he is fine. If he is #1 then your WR group is league worst. 

Agreed, Hollins has been more consistent that Samuel, MVS, Knox, etc... he certainly isnt our problem as a WR, he is more a victim of lack of talent. He is your  5 guy then he is just fine. 

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

well taking a step back and looking at it

Dallas dumped Cooper because they wanted his attitude off the team asap, cleveland agreed to take his salary for a fifth.

Cleveland is trading Cooper to Buffalo because they do not want/can't  pay him going forward, Buffalo agrees to a 3rd because Cleveland ate the money earlier in the year.

plus KC could have figured in somewhere or Baltimore.

So in this respect I get it, I just hope he we don't get the pouting version of this guy who always has a nagging injury.

Salary and cap hit play a huge part of NFL trade compensation.  Take two similar players, the one with the cheaper cap hit will always get the higher trade value.

41 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Have you watched the Browns this season at all? Watson is not only terrible but his passes have been completely unpredictable. 

Cooper's drop rate has never been an issue historically. 

32 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

45.3 catch percentage... This could be due to his craptastic QB in Watson

53 targets, 24 receptions, 250 yards, 2 TDs, 11 first downs. He currently leads the Browns in receiving. 

The only reason that Watson is still starting has to be because the owner/GM has ordered it.   He's worse than CJ Stroud Bryce Young was before he was benched.

Edited by SoTier
  • Agree 1