Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

Price seems a bit heavy but his contract is likely the big reason.

If he can bounce back to his abilities of last season; we'll have a legitimate 1WR. Just adding him does bring some clout to our WR corp.

Cooper should be highly motivated seeing as he'll be looking to keep playing one would assume and he started this year rather bad.

34 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

a third round draft pick would have been here for four years and inexpensive.  They traded the opportunity to draft a young player to fit in with a young team going forward for half a season.  

a third and a seventh for cooper and a sixth.

I hate this.  

And that third could have been a worthless bust too. Here you got a well above average veteran experienced player that helps you NOW

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

a third round draft pick would have been here for four years and inexpensive.  They traded the opportunity to draft a young player to fit in with a young team going forward for half a season.  

I hate this.  

a third round pick could have easily been cut in a few years. We are on borrowed time with how many elite years we have with josh allen. the bills need to be in win now mode, not trying to devise a 5 year plan. we have a ton of draft picks next year as well, and getting comp picks.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I hate this.  

It gives them a shot at the SB in 2024.   Can't wait for a 3rd round WR to blossom in four years.  Plus they may get the 3rd round back in 2026 if someone else signs him as a FA in 2025.

Edited by ganesh
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Seemed like the davante business was just to drive the price up for the jets 

I could def see that, it’s pretty much a no brainer move.  The only gamble was the browns being bad 🤣

Agreed on all counts.

Although anybody tuned into this league knows that Watson is dumber than a chicken; Cleveland will never be good with him at QB.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

And that third could have been a worthless bust too. Here you got a well above average veteran experienced player that helps you NOW

And first dibs on an extension. If he plays well we can extend him before free agency hits

Just now, MarkyMannn said:

well taking a step back and looking at it

Dallas dumped Cooper because they wanted his attitude off the team asap, cleveland agreed to take his salary for a fifth.

Cleveland is trading Cooper to Buffalo because they do not want/can't  pay him going forward, Buffalo agrees to a 3rd because Cleveland ate the money earlier in the year.

plus KC could have figured in somewhere or Baltimore.

So in this respect I get it, I just hope he we don't get the pouting version of this guy who always has a nagging injury.

27 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

OMG

They sent a 3rd for Cooper.  This is beyond terrible.

Dallas sent cooper two years ago to Cleveland for a fifth.

A 3rd round draft pick for a guy leading the league in drops who has questionable desire to play the game.

Just shoot me right now.  

This was likely the best that could be accomplished by Beane under the circumstances, unless you consider the Salary Cap to be a complete work of fiction! 

2023 72 Catches, 1250 yards, 17 yards/ catch, 5 TDs. With those stiff QBs on the Clowns.

TEN year average: 975 yards

v.s. Here it comes: Stefon Diggs

2023  107 Catches, 1183 yards, 11 yards/ catch 8TDs. With Josh Allen.

TEN year average: 1038 yards.

For a 3rd. v.s, 6th Round Pick!

There won’t be any ***** pouting, if Cooper makes it to the SB!

• Like (+1) 1