Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

Just now, WotAGuy said:

Last time Beane gave up a third for a WR it turned out to be the inimitable Kelvin Benjamin. 

Which helped us accomplish the mission that year, which was to make the playoffs.  I believe he had the TD catch in the snow game, without which we don’t make the playoffs that year. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Process said:

Not going to lie this is wayyy more than I thought it would take to get him. It does kill the excitement a bit but we had to do something. 

Because his salary was paid by Cleveland, we had to pay a little more in draft capital.  Let's win now baby!!

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, iwishitwerecolder said:

Does cooper know how to catch open balls in the fourth quarter of playoff games??

he was traded to cleveland because he was dogging it in the divisional round of the playoffs vs the 49ers.  The coaches wanted him off the team immediately after the game and dumped him for a fifth.

If he is giving 100% and doesn't have a nagging injury he should be a huge difference maker, this week alone he should draw snead in coverage which will keep kincaid or shakir cleaner right off the bat.

In 2018, Amari started the year with a terrible Raiders offense. In 6 games, he had 22 catches for 280 yards and 1 TD.

He was then traded to Dallas and prospered, finishing the year with over 1,000 yards receiving.

In 2024, Amari started the year with a terrible Browns offense. In 6 games, he had 24 catches for 250 yards and 2 TDs

He was then traded to Buffalo…

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

I seem to remember what he did for the Cowboys offense when he was traded there and felt he had something to prove and wanted to get paid.  If memory serves, he did very good things for the Cowboys that year.  Looks like between Raiders and Cowboys he had about 1000 yards that year, but I think the Cowboys offense as a whole look much better with him in it.  Hope the same thing happens here.

1 minute ago, Simon said:

I have to wonder how long Beane had been eyeballing this.

Could this be something he had been plotting even since before the draft?

Seemed like the davante business was just to drive the price up for the jets 

I could def see that, it’s pretty much a no brainer move.  The only gamble was the browns being bad 🤣

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

It's been a great 24 hours or so for the Buffalo Bills.

I feel really optimistic about this season now.  It's not a great year for the league - no jaugernauts.  The Ravens are the best of the bunch, but we can compete w/ anyone now.

1 minute ago, Simon said:

I have to wonder how long Beane had been eyeballing this.

Could this be something he had been plotting even since before the draft?

It's why the Bills were "in" on Devante. They wanted to know his compensation so they could work on this deal.