Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

20 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Yes I was fine for allowing this group to get better each week and maybe grabbing another younger wr off a team with multiple years left on his deal.  

I hate everything about this trade.  That third round pick missing is going to sting big time in April.

Who says this group will get better every week?  You either have receivers who can separate, or you don't. 

And what younger receiver from another team were we going to get without giving up probably the same or even worse draft capital and cost more against the cap?

Cooper is a bargain in comparison.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Diggs and a 3rd, for Cooper and a 2nd.  Deal or no deal?

It's actually better.

Diggs and a 3rd ... and not tethered to his $25M/yr contract for the next several years.

For Cooper, a 2nd, no dead cap, and a potential comp pick in 2026.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Billz4ever said:

Who says this group will get better every week?  You either have receivers who can separate, or you don't. 

And what younger receiver from another team were we going to get without giving up probably the same or even worse draft capital and cost more against the cap?

Cooper is a bargain in comparison.

he is a financial bargain for sure.  This level of player at that pay is basically unheard of when not on a rookie deal.

• Agree 2

Well I like they are in the game.... I like they responded to the Jets ... even if to just get them to go well F#$@ LOL... I like the cap implications being low... I actually like that he is on an expiring deal .... not sure he is the guy for the long term... but if he wants a better deal come contract time, he needs to produce... dont see much downside in this... 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

They tried trading Cooper all summer. Right or wrong they weren't bringing him back next year no matter how this year went for them.

Did they? Genuinely didn’t know that 😂. They seemed like they really weren’t interested in moving him during the season but it could’ve been a smokescreen of course 

Just now, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Easier to move a 3rd when you have the extra 2nd.  

1, 2, 2, 4, 4, 6, 6, 6.  If comp picks hold another 4 and 5 for davis and floyd.  There's also the potential of a 2026 comp pick should cooper get paid.   

This.  It’s a small price to pay to take what could be a big swing.  The found money from the Davis comp pick can relatively easily be packaged with the ghost of Ryan Bates to move up.  1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 6, 6, 6.  Not too shabby.  Plus 11+ games of a motivated Cooper and the possibility that such motivation matures into a comp pick a year down the road.  

• Like (+1) 1

As I said in another thread, Cooper is almost indistinguishable statistically from Davante Adams.  Last year he had 1250 yards receiving on nearly 18 YPC.  Those are peak Stefon Diggs numbers at a bargain basement price. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1