Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

You think the browns are getting a big time player in the third? The browns draft history is here

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/draft.htm

Now look at what Beane has done in the third.

Dewayne Carter

Dorian Williams

Terrel Bernard

Spencer Brown

pretty good players.  Hopefully Cooper is great and will make me forget it cost us 3rd.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrPJax said:

We gave a 2025 third , swapped and got a 2025 6 th , gave them a 2025 7 th , 800 k salary cap hit for a guy with 1200 yards last year.  So only gave one pick, swapped a sixth we get if theirs which will be high, for our 7 th in 2025 .Macafee and butler on their saw it as a big steal fir hard worker , no problem guy who butler on macafee said is a legit #1 , not quite as good as raider wr , but this is a great trade. Really needed. Hope Brady gets it figured out quickly. 

Huh????

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Yes I was fine for allowing this group to get better each week and maybe grabbing another younger wr off a team with multiple years left on his deal.  

I hate everything about this trade.  That third round pick missing is going to sting big time in april.

Ok, we get it after three or four posts. Mikey Pajamas doesn’t like the trade. Got it, dude. 

• Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

• Simon changed the title to Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)
1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

Now look at what Beane has done in the third.

Dewayne Carter

Dorian Williams

Terrel Bernard

Spencer Brown

pretty good players.  Hopefully Cooper is great and will make me forget it cost us 3rd.

We could get a 3rd round comp pick for Cooper.  Unlikely but possible.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Makes a lot of sense as he's about the only piece we can afford.  Obviously that's why he commands such high draft compensation for a half year rental.

So all that seems fine, but honestly Cooper's attitude/outward expression puts me off about him.  Always looks disinterested and lazy/loafing.  Obviously he's been a producer, but something about his body language bugs me.

Hope it works, kind of surprised we're looking to add in what was clearly a lost season to get out of cap hell and unburden ourselves from Diggs/Miller.  This doesn't hurt that per se, but it's a bit of a mixed message.

• Eyeroll 4
  • Dislike 2

2 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Not as much because we have the extra second from Minnesota. It was always going to cost a bit more in draft capital because the Browns already paid him. 

that is a fair point and the prescence of the Chiefs needing help also probably plays a part.

i just hate trading any picks in those first three rounds.

For all I know Beane will turn one of the 2's into two 3's next year or a 3 and a 4 or something which would be fine.

Edited by MikePJ76

17 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Josh Allen isn't going to be in his prime forever.  Giving up a third rounder isn't the end of the world.  And there are potentially expendable assets that we can trade to recoup it down the line. 

Aren't we due to collect a third-round comp pick this year anyway, due Gabe Davis and some of the other guys we let walk? 

6 minutes ago, Sabres 2025 said:

Amari Cooper is exactly what the Bills needed. They needed a guy that helps them jump from and AFC East winning team to a potential Super Bowl winning team. He will be a major difference maker in the playoffs.  

Go Bills.

He’s also a WR that other teams actually need to game plan for 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, akm0404 said:

Makes a lot of sense as he's about the only piece we can afford.  Obviously that's why he commands such high draft compensation for a half year rental.

So all that seems fine, but honestly Cooper's attitude/outward expression puts me off about him.  Always looks disinterested and lazy/loafing.  Obviously he's been a producer, but something about his body language bugs me.

Hope it works, kind of surprised we're looking to add in what was clearly a lost season to get out of cap hell and unburden ourselves from Diggs/Miller.  This doesn't hurt that per se, but it's a bit of a mixed message.

this we no really nothing about aside from body language...but I will give him some grace since he played in Cleveland. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1