Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

18 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

My buddy who is a Browns fan still thinks cooper is very good.

He's had Watson throwing to him.  He's going to be excellent w/ Allen throwing to him and in this offense.

This is great news.  Our offense will be very different now, imo. This opens things up for the other guys as well.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I am, WR is not going to be the reason this team finally beats KC or beats the Ravens in the playoffs.

If the browns draft a big time player with that pick next year I will be sick.  If Cooper fits in and plays hard and helps this team get over the hump I will be the first to tell you I was wrong.  

I just think giving up a third round pick is way too much.

You think the browns are getting a big time player in the third? The browns draft history is here

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/draft.htm

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Heels20X6 said:

Imagine Myles Garrett as a Bill….?

like this trade. Didn’t complain once this season or last with DeShaun “throwing” him the ball.  Won’t upset the locker room and be a distraction. 

Read an article yesterday that the Browns should trade Garrett, Cooper and even Denzel Ward so they can build a roster that isn’t capped by the other high salary guys outside Watson; seeing as they are clearly sticking with him. 

From Wikipedia:

"Cooper is an avid chess player. He was first captivated by the game as an elementary school student in northwest Miami, and as a football player, he relates chess strategies to his play on the field. He played in Chess.com's BlitzChamps, a rapid tournament for NFL players, and came in second place behind Chidobe Awuzie."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Sojourner said:

Read an article yesterday that the Browns should trade Garrett, Cooper and even Denzel Ward so they can build a roster that isn’t capped by the other high salary guys outside Watson; seeing as they are clearly sticking with him. 

Ward is damaged goods. He is as fragile as Tua. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, iwishitwerecolder said:

Can’t believe people in here are mad. First it’s “where are Allen’s weapons”. Now’s it’s “we gave it too much”. Like cmon, a third isn’t that bad. We still got two seconds next year as well.

We essentially gave up Diggs and a 3rd,2026 7th  for Cooper and a 2nd,5th and 6th..

Love it!

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 9

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Yea I get it. Guess I was hoping we could still get him for a 5th being a one year rental. 

Not upset. Still pumped. 

I think the 5th was abnormally low because he had a 3 year 60 mill contract at the time that they took on. Dallas traded a 1st for him in 2018. A 3rd for that salary and where he is age wise is about right. 

• Like (+1) 3