Buffalo trades for Amari Cooper! (for a 3rd rnd pick and a late round swap)

Buffalo_Stampede

4 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

Just listened to Cooper’s introductory press conference. He sounds about as excited to be in Buffalo as Gilmore when he got drafted. I hope he’s just not a public speaker haha 

Did anyone ask him if he knew a trade was brewing?   I didn’t hear it, but it seemed to me he was a bit as shocked/surprised as we all were when it was announced.  I imagine that messes with your mind to just get traded and sent out with little warning or preparation. 

1 minute ago, Breakout Squad said:

Just listened to Cooper’s introductory press conference. He sounds about as excited to be in Buffalo as Gilmore when he got drafted. I hope he’s just not a public speaker haha 

I respectfully disagree—the phrasing he used talking about Josh makes it crystal clear Amari knows the assignment…can you imagine having had to run routes in Cleveland all day and lead the league in missed coulda been good air yards but no, the “corpse of Deshaun Watson” refuses to throw me the ball on time…?

https://www.fantasypros.com/2024/10/nfl-air-yards-analysis-fantasy-football-takeaways-week-6/amp/

Also, there’s this:

https://fansided.com/amari-cooper-thrilled-upgrade-from-deshaun-watson-to-josh-allen

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

The bolded is just an outright abomination of a statement.  Maybe you don’t remember Diggs prior to joining Josh.  Or maybe you don’t remember Cooper very well.  Cooper was absolutely seen as a better player by many, if not, his equal or on the same level.  Diggs, playing without an elite QB, made zero pro bowls. Cooper, playing without an elite QB made 4.   

Nobody who knows football would have said prime Diggs was better than prime Cooper, all things (ie QB situation) being equal

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ghostwriter said:

Hopefully Amari sticks. He’s only 30 years old, he may have a few more years at a high level. It would be great if we could extend him to a cap friendly contract long term.. Same goes for Rasul Douglas who we also traded a 3rd for..

The Bills will let Rasul walk and pay Benford.  If Cooper works out, I can see him sign a 3-year extension here.   The Bills will still be tight against the cap for next year...so not much wiggle room unless they release Miller, Knox, Jones, Milano etc...and then they will have to fill those holes again.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I keep seeing this being talked about.

The difference in price comes from Cleveland taking him on Dallas's 5 year, 100m contract and taking that off their books. 

Meanwhile in our trade, Cleveland paid him 20m this year to give him to us at 800k. 

When you take a massive amount of money off the trading teams books and take it on yourself, you're going to pay less on compensation. If the trading team has taken on the money and you're paying close to nothing, youre going to pay more in compensation. 

Simple as that.

I am not participating in this thread anymore but I will say this, I said everything you just said.  Its just that the only posts anyone cared about of mine in this thread are the first two.  So if you keep reading you will see I said all of this plus pointed out its a very similar trade to the washington-philly trade for jahan dotson.  

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

I kind of took it as a little bit of still in shock.  A lot of self soothing mannerisms.  Completely normal when not in a comfortable known setting.  Just my opinion of course.  cheers.

11 hours ago, Dan said:

Did anyone ask him if he knew a trade was brewing?   I didn’t hear it, but it seemed to me he was a bit as shocked/surprised as we all were when it was announced.  I imagine that messes with your mind to just get traded and sent out with little warning or preparation. 

It was stated elsewhere he was told about the potential trade but that does not necessarily me he cannot be surprised that trade actually occurred.

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure the Bills are looking to go high priced 30+ year old WR route after Diggs. Cooper is a rental in my opinion. If he costs around 10 million range, they may listen but I doubt that's what he has in mind.

They will draft another WR high (first 2 rounds) next year for sure.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

My Magic 8-ball says "very doubtful."

NFL is the real "show me you can do it" world. Until the Bills burn them, there is no doubt they will stick to what they know the best way to defend us. So the burden is really on Allen plus Cooper AND Coleman to make them pay. I include Coleman because I anticipate defense may shade the deep safety to Cooper more and see if Coleman can beat his man somewhat consistently.