Cut Bass already

transplantbillsfan

7 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

He has never proven to be anything other than mediocre

That is incorrect.  He was excellent during 2020-2022.  He holds the Bills scoring record.  Yes, he's fallen off a cliff and needs to go if we can find a better option.  No need to make ***** up.

7 hours ago, KellyToTasker said:

Take 13 seconds for example. Do you believe Bass makes the kick that Butker made to send it to OT? Bass may have numbers that suggest he is able to make a kick, but zero confidence he’ll make a gotta have it kick. He’s destined to be Scott Norwood in the SB. They’re in a tough spot and probably stuck with him, for now. Hoping it finds his way, we need him too. 

In 2022?  Abso*****in'lutely.

6 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

It isnt, statistically that year he was basically the same in FG % and better in XP % than Butker which was the assertion. 

Now you shift to "overall" post season stats that includes his rookie season. 

Postseason Stats:

2020 - 7-9 FG (77%) 5-6 XP (83%) (Rookie)

2021 - 0-0 FG (NA) 9-11 XP (81%)

2022 - 3-3 FG (100%) 5-5 XP (100%)

2023 - 2-5 FG* (40%) 7-7 XP (100%)

*Blocked FG

Yeah he had a rough time last postseason and missed 2 field goals and 1 blocked. I dont think anyone disagrees that he needs to do better. But then the year before that he was 100% in both FG and XP in the post season. So clearly he can do it.

Lets just be happy about Cooper and lay off Bass

Stop confusing me with statistics!  Bass was never any good, I don't care that he broke Steve Christie's scoring record, he's sucked since he got here!  :devil:

Edited by Freddie's Dead

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Can't.  Will cost 7.3 million in Dead Cap that we already don't have plus paying his replacement on top of that. People really should understand where the Bills are against the cap and the ramifications before posting wild ideas about cutting everyone and trading for everyone.

We could bring in a undrafted rookie kicker for virtually nothing. 

Bass is a liability, I've been saying it since last season. 

He's damaged goods. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, turbo044 said:

Just as bad as the missed kicks were, was his last kickoff with 3 minutes left.  He kicked off from the 50 (NYJ personal foul on previous play) and presumably the Bills wanted him to kick it to the 5 yard line or so, so they could pin them back deep.  He kicked it 5 yards into the end zone.  Bass was holding his head in disgust and Mcdermott was screaming at him (could see this in the stadium).

There is no real advantage to kick a high ball to the 5.  The kick coverage still starts at the 40 yard line and they need to wait for the ball to bounce or be caught regardless of where it's kicked from. So perhaps try a lower kick that bounces in the landing zone.  It's a shorter kick so it's likely easier to execute.

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

That is incorrect.  He was excellent during 2020-2022.  He holds the Bills scoring record.  Yes, he's fallen off a cliff and needs to go if we can find a better option.  No need to make ***** up.

19th in FG% in 2020

15th in 2021

11th or so in 2022

That's objectively mediocre

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

That is incorrect.  He was excellent during 2020-2022.  He holds the Bills scoring record.  Yes, he's fallen off a cliff and needs to go if we can find a better option.  No need to make ***** up

This is not true. He had a stretch where he was very good in-between 21-22 but has never by higher than 10th ever in FG%. He also has been horrific in the playoffs forever.

He’s a 70% FG kicker in the postseason. That’s unforgivable. 

And he has a terrible NICKNAME!

9 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s inexcusable to have him on the roster beyond yesterday. People thinking there’s nobody better. The guy absolutely sucks. He’s missed 2 kicks that were the 2 worst kicks I have ever seen a professional kick. It’s not sound logic to act like nobody can be better. Yes they absolutely can be. He’s not capable enough of kicking in the NFL right now and it’s going to cost us games. You can not rely on him. Flat out. That’s it. There’s no grey area. There’s no sensible argument to keep him.

Name someone better and available then.

6 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

McManus is better. That’s 5 sec of thought. If I look hard enough I can prob find 5 guys better. You also can trade for a guy 

lol. Even kicking in the thin air in Denver almost his entire career, he’s still not better than Bass. He also appears to be a scumbag.

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Nobody is saying in 2022, we’re talking now. I don’t care if he could make it then, I care about the present. He had a chance this past January, whiffed big time.