Cut Bass already

transplantbillsfan

4 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s inexcusable to have him on the roster beyond yesterday. People thinking there’s nobody better. The guy absolutely sucks. He’s missed 2 kicks that were the 2 worst kicks I have ever seen a professional kick. It’s not sound logic to act like nobody can be better. Yes they absolutely can be. He’s not capable enough of kicking in the NFL right now and it’s going to cost us games. You can not rely on him. Flat out. That’s it. There’s no grey area. There’s no sensible argument to keep him.

I have to agree.

Main reason: I could look past the easy misses if he had a big 60 yard leg. He doesn't. At least get me the guy who has a chance of hitting from 58 if we're gonna have to live with missed PATs and 30 yarders.

To all of the people saying he's been fine... have you looked at the stats?

Bass is in a 4 way tie for 28th-31st in FG% and he is 31st in XP%.

None of the 4 guys he is tied with in FG% has missed an XP, so I'd say he loses that tie breaker.

We have the 31st most accurate kicker. He's 2nd worst in the league.

He is 2 for 5 from 40-49 yards

Edited by BFLO
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, BFLO said:

To all of the people saying he's been fine... have you looked at the stats?

Bass is in a 4 way tie for 28th-31st in FG% and he is 31st in XP%.

None of the 4 guys he is tied with in FG% has missed an XP, so I'd say he loses that tie breaker.

We have the 31st most accurate kicker. He's 2nd worst in the league.

He is 2 for 5 from 40-49 yards

He’s not last though.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Given the cap hit for releasing him, I'd sign another kicker and assign a kicking guru to work with, someone who understands the psychology of kicking. If he regains his early form, he's an asset. Meanwhile, start scouting college kickers for next year. 

3 hours ago, Sabres 2025 said:

The Bills should bring in other kickers, but Orchard Park is not an easy place to kick. Are the Bills really going to find a better kicker than Bass? If a guy could kick he probably would be on some roster already.

I actually think we are at the point where Bass is so far gone mentally that anyone else will do. I don’t mind getting a guy on the market who is inconsistent from 45+. But we got to have someone who can basically make automatic 40-yarders and PATs, and there are people out there who can. 

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I actually think we are at the point where Bass is so far gone mentally that anyone else will do. I don’t mind getting a guy on the market who is inconsistent from 45+. But we got to have someone who can basically make automatic 40-yarders and PATs, and there are people out there who can. 

You may be right, but Bass is not going anywhere. McDermott pretty much made that clear today.  Let's hope he kicks the game winner in the Super Bowl and makes us all look stupid.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Crazy kickers.  Guarantee if he hits a couple big kicks and gets his confidence back he will be fine,  95% of kickers is between the ears.  Unfortunately the longer it goes on, the harder it is to overcome.  And we really cant wait for that.  

I wonder if the team has a sports psychologist.  Im sure they do.  But thats the best path out of this I fear...

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

the broadcast made it seem like the one end of the field (where the two short kicks were missed) was swirling badly.

Nope. Not at all. It was crazy windy on my way to the stadium, but it started to die around 7 and by kickoff, it was practically non-existent. 

• Thank you (+1) 1