Cut Bass already

transplantbillsfan

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Bass isn't Butker. Butker is one of the best kickers in the league. No argument there. 

Should the Bills look to every position in which they don't have an Allen, Butker, Gardner, Justin Jefferson? Absolutely. 

Should they cut a guy who is not been very good mid season to replace him with somebody worse because they aren't Harrison Butker? No. 

That’s not the point though. The point is….Bass is not at all likely to make that kick or a kick ten yards closer than that kick. I’m not saying if he’s as good as Butker. Everyone knows he’s not, hence this is even a topic 

The point being, you need a kicker that won’t cost you a close game. And you need one that will

help you win a game, not make a coach think….Well, normally I’d kick here….But Bass struggles. Now it impacts play calling, etc. 

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

His percentage on FGs that year was 87.5% (28/32) and 100% for XPAs (51/51) and 2 of his 4 missed FGs that season were in the colts game where nothing was going right and we got annihilated 41-15.

Butker that season was 89.3% (25/28) and 95.9% for XPAs (47-49).

So in reality yeah going by stats, he probably would have made it that season too if Butker did.

The constant berating him is probably not helping his confidence and we arent changing kickers so hold him accountable but maybe try building him up.

Right now, this season. What is he doing right now? Put Bass in that situation, this year, no way. Not likely to make it all. 

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

Norwood at least made a Pro Bowl, when it was hard to make a Pro Bowl.

Yeah, but that one kick. Ya know, the one. 

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

Right, remember when someone sprayed a big ol' dick on Leondis McKelvin's lawn. Not cool; I screw up at my job all the time, and no one draws ***** on my lawn. B word about them on a message board like an adult.

Someone sprayed one on my lawn once. I looked and it was @Royale with Cheesedoing it. He sprayed it true to his life size……on one blade of grass.

Edited by Beast
  • Haha (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Sabres 2025 said:

The Bills should bring in other kickers, but Orchard Park is not an easy place to kick. Are the Bills really going to find a better kicker than Bass? If a guy could kick he probably would be on some roster already.

Look at you with all your… logic. This is not the place for that. This is a house of outrage and we will not be satisfied until someone is burning at the stake.

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guy can’t make kicks. What is hard to understand about that not being acceptable 

You can’t improve your team by cutting a guy who can’t make kicks unless you simultaneously acquiring a guy who can.   The posters arguing the other side of your argument are asking you if you’ve solved the second side of the equation.

The first side of the equation is the simple side.

Just now, Neo said:

You can’t improve your team by cutting a guy who can’t make kicks unless you simultaneously acquiring a guy who can.   The posters arguing the other side of your argument are asking you if you’ve solved the second side of the equation.

The first side of the equation is the simple side.

McManus is better. That’s 5 sec of thought. If I look hard enough I can prob find 5 guys better. You also can trade for a guy 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Success said:

It's a tough situation right now.  I mean, even that last one was veering hard right - it looked like it would have missed if we were even 5-10 yards further out.

Confidence is everything w/ kickers, and Bass doesn't seem to have much of that right now.

The wind was brutal and he does have "light" hammer... 

49 minutes ago, Sabres 2025 said:

The Bills should bring in other kickers, but Orchard Park is not an easy place to kick. Are the Bills really going to find a better kicker than Bass? If a guy could kick he probably would be on some roster already.

Ok, this is not me diminishing the role of a FG kicker, but…it’s kicking. I truly believe there are probably more people out there that can kick FGs than can play any other position in football. The thing is making that investment on a guy who has the mental strength to do so in the NFL. 

what I find odd is that the NFL in general never goes outside the bounds of NCAA college football to find that kicker. Like why aren’t teams looking at guys with booming legs in the MLS or college ranks? Why aren’t we trying out the best kicker in the Canadian Football League (who clearly can kick in really crappy weather)? What about Aussie Rules Football or Rugby?

Why do teams not run “kicking camps” to find gems? It’s such an important position. 

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

McManus is better. That’s 5 sec of thought. If I look hard enough I can prob find 5 guys better. You also can trade for a guy 

Call him when the sexual assault lawsuit settles or is adjudicated.

Here is a list of NFL Practice Squad Kickers currently

image.thumb.png.a0c3346079db46c9400c17aae497aeb5.png

Ryland was drafted by the Patriots, and struggled but was great Maryland
Alex Hale is an Australian Rules guy
Spencer Shrader made 154 out 156 PAT trys during his college career (98.7%)
Charlie Smith played Gaelic football
Jude McA was also a Gaelic football player with bad stats for Rutgers

Shrader might be worth a look, so at least  XPs are not an adventure. But he is not going to be kicking 55 yarders with ease.