Cut Bass already

transplantbillsfan

6 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Not even funny because if his address was ever made public, there would be some mafia ahole, who would attempt  something like this. 

Right, remember when someone sprayed a big ol' dick on Leondis McKelvin's lawn. Not cool; I screw up at my job all the time, and no one draws ***** on my lawn. B word about them on a message board like an adult.

Yeah, most are likely concerned about Bass, as I am, but very  tough words, and you offer us no alternatives at all. And don't even mention the weather.

The Jets missed one kick after another--3?--in  a stadium Laura Rutledge, on the field, said was extremely windy with the wind whipping around.

We should not  fire Bass for missing a 47 yard field goal and extra point in those conditions. In your post, not a word about the weather conditions, as if that was irrelevant.

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I didnt say it was good, but he can make kicks. You guys act like theres a 5% chance he will make a kick. 

As compared to the other top kickers, sure he is less accurate, but we are talking 1-2 kicks over 6 games. The amount of angst the fans have over this is crazy.

Most games in the NFL are one-score games. Him only making 3 out 4 kicks is inexcusable in today's NFL.

14 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

Take 13 seconds for example. Do you believe Bass makes the kick that Butker made to send it to OT? Bass may have numbers that suggest he is able to make a kick, but zero confidence he’ll make a gotta have it kick. He’s destined to be Scott Norwood in the SB. They’re in a tough spot and probably stuck with him, for now. Hoping it finds his way, we need him too. 

His percentage on FGs that year was 87.5% (28/32) and 100% for XPAs (51/51) and 2 of his 4 missed FGs that season were in the colts game where nothing was going right and we got annihilated 41-15.

Butker that season was 89.3% (25/28) and 95.9% for XPAs (47-49).

So in reality yeah going by stats, he probably would have made it that season too if Butker did.

The constant berating him is probably not helping his confidence and we arent changing kickers so hold him accountable but maybe try building him up.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Can't.  Will cost 7.3 million in Dead Cap that we already don't have plus paying his replacement on top of that. People really should understand where the Bills are against the cap and the ramifications before posting wild ideas about cutting everyone and trading for everyone.

Partially this, but I think Beane wouldn't hesitate to cut him at this point if it made any sense.

But it doesn't, unless you have someone BETTER to replace him. And I doubt there is somebody like that on the street.

10 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

Take 13 seconds for example. Do you believe Bass makes the kick that Butker made to send it to OT? Bass may have numbers that suggest he is able to make a kick, but zero confidence he’ll make a gotta have it kick. He’s destined to be Scott Norwood in the SB. They’re in a tough spot and probably stuck with him, for now. Hoping it finds his way, we need him too. 

Norwood at least made a Pro Bowl, when it was hard to make a Pro Bowl.

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

Bass isn't Butker. Butker is one of the best kickers in the league. No argument there. 

Should the Bills look to every position in which they don't have an Allen, Butker, Gardner, Justin Jefferson? Absolutely. 

Should they cut a guy who is not been very good mid season to replace him with somebody worse because they aren't Harrison Butker? No. 

he's outright terrible is the problem

hes the tyler bass of kickers

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I honestly came on here this morning expecting news Bass was cut. 

Yesterday's game should have been the straw that broke the camel's back. When he went up to kick that 47 yard FG I said he was going to miss it and went to the bathroom.

Joe Marino's take on this is that you don't want to move on from one inconsistent kicker to another inconsistent kicker.

The problem is that Bass is pretty consistent... just consistently inaccurate.

Please cut him and eat the contract already. He WILL cost us again in the playoffs.

Pete Davidson Ok GIF by Saturday Night Live

Grab a couple kickers off the street. For the next two games, put them on a high school field somewhere in Buffalo during gametime. Load the stands with all the haters on this board and WGR callers, and instruct them to heckle the kickers while they kick. Every time Bass lines up for a kick in the real game, put these guys on the same yardline on their field. Have them make the same kick at the same time. Whoever has the better percentage gets/keeps the job.

It's the only way to be sure.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

His percentage on FGs that year was 87.5% (28/32) and 100% for XPAs (51/51) and 2 of his 4 missed FGs that season were in the colts game where nothing was going right and we got annihilated 41-15.

Butker that season was 89.3% (25/28) and 95.9% for XPAs (47-49).

So in reality yeah going by stats, he probably would have made it that season too if Butker did.

The constant berating him is probably not helping his confidence and we arent changing kickers so hold him accountable but maybe try building him up.

allow me to introduce you to his postseason stats where he is an astonishingly terrible 70.6% on FGs and an almost incomprehensibly awful 89.7% PAT

he would almost certainly have missed

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

allow me to introduce you to his postseason stats where he is an astonishingly terrible 70.6% on FGs and an almost incomprehensibly awful 89.7% PAT

he would almost certainly have missed

Eh we can go back and forth on his stats. I didnt say he was better than butker overall. I said that he was statistically as likely as butker that year to make that kick in 13 seconds.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K D said:

The Jets kicker missing those kicks saved Bass' job unfortunately. They will blame it on the conditions.

Deep inside I fear you are right but I keep telling myself out loud that the conditions were actually that bad and Bass isn't completely broken, considering the cap impact (so say more knowledgeable folks than I).

Edited by Coastie

Just now, GoBills808 said:

yes and statistically that's wildly inaccurate

It isnt, statistically that year he was basically the same in FG % and better in XP % than Butker which was the assertion. 

Now you shift to "overall" post season stats that includes his rookie season. 

Postseason Stats:

2020 - 7-9 FG (77%) 5-6 XP (83%) (Rookie)

2021 - 0-0 FG (NA) 9-11 XP (81%)

2022 - 3-3 FG (100%) 5-5 XP (100%)

2023 - 2-5 FG* (40%) 7-7 XP (100%)

*Blocked FG

Yeah he had a rough time last postseason and missed 2 field goals and 1 blocked. I dont think anyone disagrees that he needs to do better. But then the year before that he was 100% in both FG and XP in the post season. So clearly he can do it.

Lets just be happy about Cooper and lay off Bass.

• Awesome! (+1) 1