Cut Bass already

I simply cannot fathom why Bills fans are so pressed to CUT Bass with zero replacement available.

It would make sense if there are any upgrades available. But there are none.

So, you would be going from Bass - who has at least been good at one point in his career, to a kicker who has never been good and you would take a $7M dead cap hit to do it.

We didn't seem to do this all of the years with EJ Manuel, JP Losman, Trent Edwards, etc.... nobody was clamoring for them to get cut and replaced with free agent who is the 40th best QB in the league. Why are we doing this?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

Let's say the Mafia buys in and chants Let's Go Tyler, Let's Go Tyler...

If he misses, what then? 

40K inebriated fans probably won't chant that next attempt.

What about on the road? Think we can post on their fan board to cheer for him?

That's why they're pros & paid big bucks. I'm pulling for him because he's on our team, but Beane has to consider other options. 

Beane should look at all options and we should also cheer him on. Both can be true 

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

FB_IMG_1729370899599.jpg

Bills mafia, you are our only hope

First kick whole stadium starts chanting “Bass, Bass, Bass!” a drifting wobbler sneaks through the upright and the kick is good from 31 yards. We beat Tennessee 35-10

Edited by uticaclub
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, balln said:

Just overthinking it. It’s golf. Just the same swing. Every time. He definitely tries to over play it if it’s wind / cold and depending on which hash. Short vs deep. Has like 10 different swings / kicks. No just one. Start there. Keep it simple 

Yes, single length irons all the way.

On 10/16/2024 at 5:58 PM, Freddie's Dead said:

Wow! His offense scored over 1800 points in 2023?  AWESOME!!!!

Ha, my bad 35-35 XPA, eyeballed the wrong line.

He hit the game winner though so maybe right call for the Packers?

Bass meanwhile went 100% yesterday so maybe the competition did him good.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yesterday was a good day for him. Keep stacking them and the more solid days in a row the quieter the critics will be. We all want the same thing. What’s best for the Bills. He’s on the team. No matter how mad we all get at him (me included, I have been killing him) We all just want to win. If he’s here, then he’s one of us and we all are rooting for him. Good job yesterday 

• Like (+1) 1

There have been plenty of times where I’ve been embarrassed of this fan base. They’ll call themselves the best and then immediately contradict that statement.

Seeing on Reddit last week a call to loudly support Bass was refreshing, but then actually hearing that call get answered yesterday and fans cheer him when he came onto the field was special. 

Very much a “proud to be in this fan base” moment. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

There have been plenty of times where I’ve been embarrassed of this fan base. They’ll call themselves the best and then immediately contradict that statement.

Seeing on Reddit last week a call to loudly support Bass was refreshing, but then actually hearing that call get answered yesterday and fans cheer him when he came onto the field was special. 

Very much a “proud to be in this fan base” moment. 

I can say that sitting in the endzone opposite the tunnel there were a lot of boos when he missed a kick during halftime warmups.  Not to the level of Deshean Watson - but still very clear.

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Yesterday was a good day for him. Keep stacking them and the more solid days in a row the quieter the critics will be. We all want the same thing. What’s best for the Bills. He’s on the team. No matter how mad we all get at him (me included, I have been killing him) We all just want to win. If he’s here, then he’s one of us and we all are rooting for him. Good job yesterday 

Just keep him inside of 42 yards and he may just survive this season. Any 4th & short outside the 25, we'll have to be aggressive. 

kicks were all short yardage yesterday, but he was kicking them hard, high, and straight. up over the net. he looked good. some people have a real and measurable response to fight or flight situations, which can't be observed until they are actually put in that position. His job was on the line, and he responded. Let's hope this is real. I don't think anybody wants to see the Bills HAVE to move on from him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Man with No Name said:

kicks were all short yardage yesterday, but he was kicking them hard, high, and straight. up over the net. he looked good. some people have a real and measurable response to fight or flight situations, which can't be observed until they are actually put in that position. His job was on the line, and he responded. Let's hope this is real. I don't think anybody wants to see the Bills HAVE to move on from him. 

I hope you're right and Bass has this mentality.

1 hour ago, Man with No Name said:

I look at those kicks like a tour golfer making all his 4 foot putts. Not exactly gimmees, but if you don't make them you won't be around long.