Cut Bass already

Sad trivia...

In the NFL this year, kickers have made 75% of kicks over 50 yards.

Bass has made 75% of all his kicks.  

www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-not-considering-narrowing-goalposts-amid-record-setting-field-goal-blitz/ar-AA1ssvJM?ocid=msedgntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=d87aad79a0834c3ab9e83a4f69bed060&ei=39

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Shouldn’t Bass have offered up Cooper his jersey number considering the precariousness of his position with the team. 

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Watch closely.  Quinnen Williams got his hand on ball. Wind did rest.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-kicker-tyler-bass-brutal-015644121.html

the problems are Williams barely had to put his hand up to catch a piece of it and was on the farthest left of the LOS

6 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That kick was already a low shank. Doesnt matter if he got his hands on it. 

Not sure if this has been posted but sounds like if Bass has another rough game and they find a replacement they like, then he's gone.  I doubt they find anybody thats actually better but whatever.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

That kick was already a low shank. Doesnt matter if he got his hands on it. 

Not sure if this has been posted but sounds like if Bass has another rough game and they find a replacement they like, then he's gone.  I doubt they find anybody thats actually better but whatever.

"it's a production business [Beane said this twice].... If there's a better option we have to turn to, then we'll do that."

Very happy Beane is not BSing the reporters or audience here and shoots straight. Not that anyone would believe BS but it's nice to hear your GM deal in the truth and respect everyone's intelligence.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

"it's a production business [Beane said this twice].... If there's a better option we have to turn to, then we'll do that."

Very happy Beane is not BSing the reporters or audience here and shoots straight. Not that anyone would believe BS but it's nice to hear your GM deal in the truth and respect everyone's intelligence.

Oh its definitely good he is trying. I just dont think there is anyone really any better out there. This should have been handled in the off season. I said early last season that something was wrong with Bass and everyone laughed.  Now look at em all praying he gets fired.  I hope they do find someone even just a smidge better because its going to cost us important games.

9 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Two of Bass’s blocks this year (including this one) have been such horrendously bad shanks, that they went into the hands of the defenders. I actually think if quinnen Williams hadn’t touched this, the kick would have been even worse.

16 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Oh its definitely good he is trying. I just dont think there is anyone really any better out there. This should have been handled in the off season. I said early last season that something was wrong with Bass and everyone laughed.  Now look at em all praying he gets fired.  I hope they do find someone even just a smidge better because its going to cost us important games.

Yes, now's not the time to find a better alternative unless we get really lucky. Bass also comes with $7 million dead cap hit if we cut him. 

It's a bad situation. And it likely will cost us a game or two.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Yes, now's not the time to find a better alternative unless we get really lucky. Bass also comes with $7 million dead cap hit if we cut him. 

It's a bad situation. And it likely will cost us a game or two.

It’s already cost us multiple games. And critical ones at that. Philly. Kc playoff game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HansLanda said:

Even if Bass gets out of his funk, does he even have the leg for what is now becoming normal (50+)? I just saw a college kicker nail from 55 and I don't think Bass has that in his bag. 

His issue is not having a strong leg, he’s got plenty of distance, he just couldn’t hit water if he fell out of a boat in the ocean right now.

4 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

His issue is not having a strong leg, he’s got plenty of distance, he just couldn’t hit water if he fell out of a boat in the ocean right now.

Just overthinking it. It’s golf. Just the same swing. Every time. He definitely tries to over play it if it’s wind / cold and depending on which hash. Short vs deep. Has like 10 different swings / kicks. No just one. Start there. Keep it simple 

13 minutes ago, benderbender said:

It wouldn’t hurt to support him. It costs nothing and might help. Zero down side but will probably get ridiculed by the peanut gallery. 

I agree with you.  If the stadium is collectively holding their breath you can feel that 

If the stadium is changing his name, you feel that as well 

In the words of Joe Marino- “$7 million dead cap for a kicker is untenable.”

the dude we signed to practice squad was 18 of 21 on XP.  There aren’t any solid kicker free agents right now

imo Tyler is better the devil we know, then the devil we don’t know 

22 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

FB_IMG_1729370899599.jpg

Bills mafia, you are our only hope

Let's say the Mafia buys in and chants Let's Go Tyler, Let's Go Tyler...

If he misses, what then? 

40K inebriated fans probably won't chant that next attempt.

What about on the road? Think we can post on their fan board to cheer for him?

That's why they're pros & paid big bucks. I'm pulling for him because he's on our team, but Beane has to consider other options. 

• Disagree 1