Cut Bass already

transplantbillsfan

On 10/15/2024 at 12:29 PM, nedboy7 said:

We can’t fire him.  But we could rough him up.  

I'd hire Bruce, Thurman, Kelly, Bennett, and Talley. 

One time one of the grounds guys were in an elevator with those 5. They asked the grounds guy if he wanted to have some fun. He said "sure". So the 5 stripped him down to his underwear, and duct taped him to the goal post. It was also mid December. Christie went out to practice field goals, and found the grounds guy basically in tears still taped to the goal posts. 

Edit to add, the grounds guy was sort of a douche, so he kinda deserved it. 

Edited by Draconator

4 hours ago, brianthomas said:

Reading that article i see this: Mevis was signed by the Panthers after the draft and was let go.

There we go, former Panther? Meet our new kicker! 🤣

I think they are trying to light a fire under Bass.  They aren't going to replace him with a guy who couldn't make the Panthers. At least not yet.

• Haha (+1) 1

In a desperation move, Tyler should have his vision checked, ala Ricky Vaughn.  I was developing astigmatism in my later teens and did not know it.  Regular vision checks were not a thing then and maybe not now.  I could hit fastballs again with corrected vision.  Maybe Tyler is randomly missing the sweet spot between foot and ball.

image.png.6a1d3e00eb15be23ba8a384430312c47.png

• Haha (+1) 2

It seems the Bills could get some money off the books by asking Bass to renegotiate for lower salary before cutting him.  This would not make sense for Bass to do in the short term but if he wants a 10 plus year career it may make him more likely to be signed by a next team. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

It seems the Bills could get some money off the books by asking Bass to renegotiate for lower salary before cutting him.  This would not make sense for Bass to do in the short term but if he wants a 10 plus year career it may make him more likely to be signed by a next team. 

The next team gets him at a reduced rate until he produces.  His next contract has nothing to do with what the Bills are or would be paying him under your scenario.  His best chance at a 10 year career is: START MAKING HIS KICKS. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/15/2024 at 12:20 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

I honestly came on here this morning expecting news Bass was cut. 

Yesterday's game should have been the straw that broke the camel's back. When he went up to kick that 47 yard FG I said he was going to miss it and went to the bathroom.

Joe Marino's take on this is that you don't want to move on from one inconsistent kicker to another inconsistent kicker.

The problem is that Bass is pretty consistent... just consistently inaccurate.

Please cut him and eat the contract already. He WILL cost us again in the playoffs.

Bass is the best option we have unfortunately. He’s slightly better than everything that is out there. The best thing to do is hope and pray he returns back to form at some point or at least hit the big kicks 

16 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Bass is the best option we have unfortunately. He’s slightly better than everything that is out there. The best thing to do is hope and pray he returns back to form at some point or at least hit the big kicks 

Really? I disagree. I will take a confident mediocre kicker over a talented kicker with a bad case of the yips any day of the week.