The Hail Mary from Rodgers

PoundingDog

17 minutes ago, Einstein said:

McDermott agrees with me, folks.

Hail Mary this week? McD sent a blitz at the Titans.

Result? There wasn’t enough time for Titan receivers to run down the field, forcing a quicker throw and a manic attempt to lateral into the endzone.

Well done McD. Call me any time for more tips, coach.

Rudolph doesn't have the arm to throw it from there. Didn't like the blitz call there at all.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Shouldn’t matter schematically - Bills played man. Even if they had time for a field goal, the man corner would be with the WR, whether the route was deep or short. 

That might have been a better strategy but you saying the Bills weren't defending the sidelines for a possible field goal attempt is where you lost me.

Today Minny-Detroit, here’s how things were played. Minny needs a FG.  No time outs. 15 seconds left ball at the 30. Detroit lined up 2 to rush. Best I could tell they rushed 1. Ball was completed to Minny 45 in bounds. They rush to spike.  Have an alignment penalty and get 1 second on the clock.  I personally didn’t follow how that worked but they have one last play with a second left at their 45. Detroit shows 3 rushing but blitzed with 5, I believe.  Darnold sacked.  

• Like (+1) 1