WR, S and K options

TFBillsfan

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Trade for a WR and sign Hyde at some point

Kicker, no clue what the answer is…. I’d bring in McManus, I guess. 

Yup, start by trying to trade for Cooper on a 1 1/2 yr deal. He'd be a great mentor for Coleman and any wrs we draft in April. I definitely see Hamlin as a liability so it wouldn't surprise me to see us bring back Micah for a half of season. Too bad Bishop isn't developing faster. This organization knew they had a struggling kicker and did nothing.  They made their stupid decision and now they have to live with it. We'll probably eat the remainder of Bass's contract and draft someone after this season.  He's not going to figure it out. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That’s the only hope.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/47784/tyler-bass

I thought the dead cap was always the issue.  

You could be right, but by the look of this there’s dead cap.  Not sure if post June 1 means anything or not. 

Do we want separation?  Or another guy that can go up and get it?  Don’t get be wrong, I’d be happy with anyone that can threaten outside, but everyone crying about our guys never getting open.  Sutton is never open.  He just makes insane catches

Another guy? Sutton fits what they are currently doing. He can get down field as well. 

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Yup, start by trying to trade for Cooper on a 1 1/2 yr deal. He'd be a great mentor for Coleman and any wrs we draft in April. I definitely see Hamlin as a liability so it wouldn't surprise me to see us bring back Micah for a half of season. Too bad Bishop isn't developing faster. This organization knew they had a struggling kicker and did nothing.  They made their stupid decision and now they have to live with it. We'll probably eat the remainder of Bass's contract and draft someone after this season.  He's not going to figure it out. 

I think Cooper is the better pickup than Adams personally. He is a rental, so anything long term would need to be sorted out. I hope the Browns are in sell mode here real soon as their team is falling apart.

This 100%. We aren’t bringing in someone off the couch better than Bass this season. We know what we have, so we have to adapt for now. Next year I expect to draft someone but that’s still no guarantee he takes the job from Bass. Hopefully the kid figures it out and gets his head right. 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Another guy? Sutton fits what they are currently doing. He can get down field as well. 

Idk-  I think they need someone to get separation on the outside. Some speed.  Sutton is a better version of Keon and Hollins imo.  Which is fine I suppose, but I’d rather have speed.  He may not be the name Sutton is, but I’d take Slayton over Sutton.  I’d take cooper over Sutton. Diontae Johnson too.  Not sure who is available tbh.

I wouldn’t hate Sutton.  He’s good for sure.  I just think his skill set matches what we already have. If the main motivation make a trade is to get Mack Hollins of the field, trading for Sutton makes a ton of sense.  I just don’t think McB is motivated in that way.  

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Andrew Son said:

We are converting Cine to LB

Don’t think it’s a full time conversion, just part of a package to see what he offers in that big nickel position. 

I think Amari Cooper is a no brainer at this point.  If DK Metcalf is really available, which I dont think he is, the Bills should throw multiple picks at the Seahawks.    Cooper and Metcalf together would cost 10 million less than what the Jets are paying Adams for the remainder of the year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Hamlin takes some of the WORST angles to the football 

How do people not see it…???

35 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Hamlin played fine last night. 

Dude. I’m sorry but what were you watching???

here is 3 plays on one drive…

IMG-0260.gifIMG-0261.gifIMG-0262.gif

the dude was like this the whole night… Rapp and Taron bailed him out from it being a complete disaster. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Easy trade for me.. Elam to the packers for Romeo Dobbs. Packers play a lot of man coverage, which Elam is good at. They like bigger faster corners. Dobbs is younger and looking to be a number one. Him and Josh could have the same chemistry like Diggs. Both team wins. 

• Dislike 1

52 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Trade for a WR and sign Hyde at some point

Kicker, no clue what the answer is…. I’d bring in McManus, I guess. 

Leave Bass alone....Kickers are not automatic above 45 yards.  

14 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

How do people not see it…???

Dude. I’m sorry but what were you watching???

here is 3 plays on one drive…

IMG-0260.gifIMG-0261.gifIMG-0262.gif

the dude was like this the whole night… Rapp and Taron bailed him out from it being a complete disaster. 

And he also made 3 nice plays.  He had a good second half after a rough 1st half.  When I said he played “fine”, i didn’t mean he had a good game. I just didn’t think he was detriment. 

listen, I want Hamlin out of the starting lineup too, Bishop doesn’t look ready and idk what the deal is with Edwards, but Hamlin knows the calls better than both possible replacements 

- just watched the clips you posted….i didn’t think any of those plays were egregiously bad….but maybe my eyesight sucks and I’m missing something.  Tiny gifs watched on my iPhone 

13 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Call and check : DK Metcalf

Should be available: Amari Cooper

Could be available: Hopkins, Sutton, Diontae Johnson, Mike Williams, ______

Might as well call and check on tyreek, ceedee, Jefferson, Garrett Wilson and chase while we’re at it.  😉 

if we add Mike Williams I’ll hunt you down and head butt you a few times in the face.  There was no chance of that ever happening until you spoke of it.  He might be worst player in the nfl.  Yes, I’m exaggerating. I just really don’t want him on the team.  Mack is better 💯 

Maybe we could offer up a 1st for Olave.  They’ll be a dumpster fire again soon enough. He’s being wasted there 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

And he also made 3 nice plays.  He had a good second half after a rough 1st half.  When I said he played “fine”, i didn’t mean he had a good game. I just didn’t think he was detriment. 

listen, I want Hamlin out of the starting lineup too, Bishop doesn’t look ready and idk what the deal is with Edwards, but Hamlin knows the calls better than both possible replacements 

- just watched the clips you posted….i didn’t think any of those plays were egregiously bad….but maybe my eyesight sucks and I’m missing something.  Tiny gifs watched on my iPhone 

Yeah, I’m not knocking you for seeing something different. I just didn’t see anything that resembled fine. 

He made a few plays but that’s going to happen when you’re on the field for 63 plays. The law of averages. 

It’s what he does the rest of the time. The guy is now down and around the box now that Rapp is back, which is where he is suited, and is just awful at his pursuit and angles. Multiple times he takes himself and a teammate out of the play. 

First play he has a clear angle to go anywhere that play is happening. Instead he runs directly into the back of a jets OL disengaging.

That second play, the Hall run, he doesn’t take away the sideline immediately and force Hall back in. He instead trips himself on a teammate getting blocked then gets swallowed up that stop Bernard, who himself took a poor angle and stumbled on that play, from filling the hole. If he goes immediately sideline Hall is caught for a minimal gain. 

Third play is absolute PI. Where the flag wasn’t even thrown. (Wouldn’t have mattered as the bal was tipped). 

Those, again, were all on one drive. He had multiple bone headed moments out of the 60+ snaps on the field. 

At least you realize he needs to be out of the lineup lol

1 hour ago, Andrew Son said:

While Denver is not competing, I’m not sure it makes sense to sell off WR’s while they’re trying to develop/evaluate a rookie QB

I agree and they’re still vaguely competitive on top of that.  I don’t think Cleveland would trade cooper for a similar reason where they’re completely financially committed to Watson and probably won’t sell guys that have a chance at helping the lightbulb go on for him.

I think Hopkins is probably the only person that makes sense for even being available and idk if we could or would take on his contract 

11 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Adams was always a pipe dream for the uninformed…

Yea the only hope was the interest level just dropping off and the raiders not wanting to get stuck with him 

Just now, Sojourner said:

Yeah, I’m not knocking you for seeing something different. I just didn’t see anything that resembled fine. 

He made a few plays but that’s going to happen when you’re on the field for 63 plays. The law of averages. 

It’s what he does the rest of the time. The guy is now down and around the box now that Rapp is back, which is where he is suited, and is just awful at his pursuit and angles. Multiple times he takes himself and a teammate out of the play. 

First play he has a clear angle to go anywhere that play is happening. Instead he runs directly into the back of a jets OL disengaging.

That second play, the Hall run, he doesn’t take away the sideline immediately and force Hall back in. He instead trips himself on a teammate getting blocked then gets swallowed up that stop Bernard, who himself took a poor angle and stumbled on that play, from filling the hole. If he goes immediately sideline Hall is caught for a minimal gain. 

Third play is absolute PI. Where the flag wasn’t even thrown. (Wouldn’t have mattered as the bal was tipped). 

Those, again, were all on one drive. He had multiple bone headed moments out of the 60+ snaps on the field. 

At least you realize he needs to be out of the lineup lol

🤷🏻‍♂️ in the first one, to me, it looks like he knows the play is about to be over and decides to get chippy.  

in the second, it’s tough to know what his responsibility was.  Looks like Taron was supposed to hold outside containment.  You think damar was going to run all the way around the OL/DL to the sideline in that fit?  🤷🏻‍♂️ I don’t think so, but maybe.  Either way, I don’t think it was such a terrible play.

the third one happens on most plays.  He didn’t really impede Wilson’s movement even though he arm was across his body.  DBs hold all the time.  The good ones get away with it.  Not saying that he’s good, but it was subtle hold that the good ones know how to execute.

i think his 3 good plays are much better than those 3 gifs are bad.  

That said, I wish we could replace him, but I don’t think there’s anyone we can trade for that would know the system the way McD needs it known, in order to have an impact.  Edwards is our only hope unless Bishop can really show improvement.  He’s similar to Elam in the way that he’s never played in a system like ours.  He’s a physical speciman that the coaching staff believe they can develop.  After watching him vs Houston, I’m thinking next year might be the earliest 

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

🤷🏻‍♂️ in the first one, to me, it looks like he knows the play is about to be over and decides to get chippy.  

in the second, it’s tough to know what his responsibility was.  Looks like Taron was supposed to hold outside containment.  You think damar was going to run all the way around the OL/DL to the sideline in that fit?  🤷🏻‍♂️ I don’t think so, but maybe.  Either way, I don’t think it was such a terrible play.

the third one happens on most plays.  He didn’t really impede Wilson’s movement even though he arm was across his body.  DBs hold all the time.  The good ones get away with it.  Not saying that he’s good, but it was subtle hold that the good ones know how to execute.

i think his 3 good plays are much better than those 3 gifs are bad.  

That said, I wish we could replace him, but I don’t think there’s anyone we can trade for that would know the system the way McD needs it known, in order to have an impact.  Edwards is our only hope unless Bishop can really show improvement.  He’s similar to Elam in the way that he’s never played in a system like ours.  He’s a physical speciman that the coaching staff believe they can develop.  After watching him vs Houston, I’m thinking next year might be the earliest 

First one, play isn’t even over when he’s running into the back of 66. 

second, yes. Him and Taron are pretty much shoulder to shoulder before he decides to shoot the gap which is weird, cause if you watch the play Bernard has that assignment; he, again, took an awful angle but would be there to clean up had Hall be forced back from sideline. terrible from both Bernard and Hamlin there, more so Hamlin as the flow dictates him to go out and allow the other backers in Bernard and Williams to go through the wash. 

Third ones you’re right. That happens all the time. Was just to highlight the extend of poor decisions made throughout that drive by one player. 

You’re right about the trade, that isn’t going to happen. It’s either Bishop or Edwards if not Damar. Why is Edwards a healthy scratch on game day? 

Bishop statement is on point. The guy looks incredibly raw and next year is likely his time. Do wonder how much of that is the partnership he had though; Hamlin. Bullock (Houston) and Kinchens (Chargers) seem to be the only rookies at that position who are getting playing time, and succeeding. 

Cooper DeJean is a surprise, as is Bishop. Again that is probably down to partnership as much as being raw when they see the field. 

Hamlin has looked decent when paired with the likes of Poyer and Hyde. Last night Rapp and Johnson did him a lot of favors.  

• Like (+1) 1