WR, S and K options

TFBillsfan

WR: Now that Adams is no longer an option, I would be stunned if Beane can’t see what we all see. He has to make a move right? RIGHT? At this point, with the coaching staff burying Elam, you might as well package him if needed.

Safety: Is Edwards or Cline not an upgrade over Hamlin? He’s a major liability. Love and respect his story but the reality he’s not a starter. Wouldn’t the Titan game be a great opportunity to switch it up. 

K: I’m not sure what options are available but I’m sure it’s not good. Bass’s mechanics don’t look right. Hopefully, he’ll work thru it. 

Frankly, I don’t see us doing anything different at S or K. Defensively, the D should get better with Oliver, Von and Milano back assuming everyone stays healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

WR: Now that Adams is no longer an option, I would be stunned if Beane can’t see what we all see. He has to make a move right? RIGHT? At this point, with the coaching staff burying Elam, you might as well package him if needed.

Safety: Is Edwards or Cline not an upgrade over Hamlin? He’s a major liability. Love and respect his story but the reality he’s not a starter. Wouldn’t the Titan game be a great opportunity to switch it up. 

K: I’m not sure what options are available but I’m sure it’s not good. Bass’s mechanics don’t look right. Hopefully, he’ll work thru it. 

Frankly, I don’t see us doing anything different at S or K. Defensively, the D should get better with Oliver, Von and Milano back assuming everyone stays healthy.

Communication has been the biggest issue with the defense - helped a lot having bernard and johnson back.  Edwards and Bishop missed a ton of camp, and bishop didn't look strong in his play this year.  I also thought after the hail mary hamlin played a lot better.  A bit more reckless abandon, a bit faster.  I don't think the lights ever going to truly go on, but all of the competition brought in this offseason missed a ton of time and he won the job.  

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Trade for a WR and sign Hyde at some point

Kicker, no clue what the answer is…. I’d bring in McManus, I guess. 

Yep - only guy i'm benching hamlin for is probably hyde.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue
  • Agree 1

Just now, TFBillsfan said:

Hamlin played fine last night.  Cine is now a LB.  Hamlin makes the DB calls and will likely be our starter all season imo.  

in order to cut bass, we’d take an additional 3M cap hit.  I agree, he’s awful and something needs to be done- I just don’t know how we’re going to cut him….. especially if we’re going to add a WR and a S….. math doesn’t work

• Shocked 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Hamlin played fine last night.  Cine is now a LB.  Hamlin makes the DB calls and will likely be our starter all season imo.  

in order to cut bass, we’d take an additional 3M cap hit.  I agree, he’s awful and something needs to be done- I just don’t know how we’re going to cut him….. especially if we’re going to add a WR and a S….. math doesn’t work

I thought he's just on the books for 3M regardless.. didn't think he was any additional cap to cut.

4 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

At this point, with the coaching staff burying Elam, you might as well package him if needed.

Nobody is taking on Elam’s contract let alone giving up assets to acquire him.  You’d have to trade Elam and a pick for a lesser pick just to get someone to take him off your books.

6 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

The coaching staff burying Elam.  🤣 is that REALLY what’s happening here?

intrigued baby says o rly GIF

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Do they do IR for... being bad? 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I thought he's just on the books for 3M regardless.. didn't think he was any additional cap to cut.

Me too.  Maybe he can end up on IR with damaged confidence if it’s an issue.  He’s just a mess right now. 

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Hamlin takes some of the WORST angles to the football 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Billl said:

Nobody is taking on Elam’s contract let alone giving up assets to acquire him.  You’d have to trade Elam and a pick for a lesser pick just to get someone to take him off your books.

The chiefs did so for Toney.  Bigger contract, lots of red flags, no brains.  🤷🏻‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Do they do IR for... being bad? 

That’s the only hope.

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/47784/tyler-bass

I thought the dead cap was always the issue.  

You could be right, but by the look of this there’s dead cap.  Not sure if post June 1 means anything or not. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t see them adding a safety.

WR is interesting. Maybe they went into the season knowing they could trade for someone if it doesn’t work out. Courtland Sutton is the guy that fits best imo.

Do we want separation?  Or another guy that can go up and get it?  Don’t get be wrong, I’d be happy with anyone that can threaten outside, but everyone crying about our guys never getting open.  Sutton is never open.  He just makes insane catches

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t see them adding a safety.

WR is interesting. Maybe they went into the season knowing they could trade for someone if it doesn’t work out. Courtland Sutton is the guy that fits best imo.

While Denver is not competing, I’m not sure it makes sense to sell off WR’s while they’re trying to develop/evaluate a rookie QB

• Like (+1) 1

There are some good options out there at WR.  Diontae Johnson isn't talked about much but he'd be good here.  Cooper would be a nice addition also.

I don't see how we can ride w/ Bass all season.  His confidence seems to be gone.  I feel bad for him, but also have no confidence for any kick at this point, even PAT's.