Davante Adams Traded to the Jets

Process

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

You might be on to something with unhappiness with Mike Williams.  Rodgers, in my view, kind of blamed him in his postgame presser.  Even if Williams kept his feet, there’s a small chance that the ball still is intercepted, and a better chance that Williams takes a shot from Johnson that breaks up a catch.  I hardly think that Mike Williams is the problem, though, after watching them last night.  

Mike Williams is at the kelvin Benjamin to the Bills crossroads of his career.  Turn yourself to a TE and then retire.  He’s awful.

as was Rodgers’ throw on the pick.  He had the entire sideline wide open, yet he left it short towards the middle.  Bad throw.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Jets busy using up all that cap space and draft picks to win now. Probably this year is their window (and they are already 2-4). When it doesn't happen they will be facing a long term drought. I don't know that Rodgers can last the year. Wouldn't surprise me if Davante looked elsewhere for a job next year. 

2 minutes ago, Stretch said:

I have not seen Sutton’s name mentioned here, but I think he is more realistic than Pickens or Hopkins and is cheap for this year.  He could really blossom with a real QB throwing him the ball.

I dont get why the Broncos would consider that.  They are in contention for a playoff spot and they would be stripping their rookie QB of a good receiver.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Jets fired Saleh, knowing it was a desperation game against us for the division.  

Traded for Adams, who it sounds like is going to play this Sunday Night against the Steelers. 

Lose that game and at 2-5, they are running out of bullets for this season.   Saving grace for them is a relatively easy schedule. 

They’ve still got Texans, they’ve got possibly tua dolphins twice, and us again.  If they lose to the Steelers I think they’re pretty much done assuming they don’t win the division. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 2

Just now, Process said:

Not sure why people think that teams in playoff contention would trade the only good WR they have (Pickens, Sutton)?

Yea I don't really think there are many players on the trade block.  Even cooper in cleveland seems like a made up fan thing.

Now the browns might bottom out over the next few weeks and who knows but for now it doesn't seem like teams are just itching to move their players.

• Agree 2

Just now, Process said:

Not sure why people think that teams in playoff contention would trade the only good WR they have (Pickens, Sutton)?

Pitt for sure will not trade.  I wasn’t considering Denver being in the mix, but I guess they will likely be 4-4 by the deadline somehow.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They’ve still got Texans, they’ve got possibly tua dolphins twice, and us again.  If they lose to the Steelers I think they’re pretty much done 

Oh, I agree - which is why I think they had to give in to the Raiders demands and make this move today. 

Steelers game may very well be for their season.  

Im not sold on the Texans though.  That was just a gross game by the Bills and we still almost won. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Bills, I have to think, know we need a WR.

But we were never coming close to the desperation move the Jets just made with a premium pick plus salary.

I think at 4-2 though, we likely bought ourselves time to wait until the deadline to make a move. 

Waiting strikes me as a good plan.  It buys a little time to see if Samuel either gets healthy, figures it out, or accomplishes some combination thereof.  And, it gives us a little space to see what might shake loose in Carolina (Johnson), Jax (Kirk, although I’m not sure he’s what we need or if we can pay for him), and maybe elsewhere if a team at the margins of competing loses a few in a row (looking at you, NYG).  It also buys a little time to see what happens at the kicker position, which may need to be addressed with cap space and an asset.  Frankly, as I type that, I wonder if kicker is more pressing to the FO than we think and more urgent than the WR position.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Bills, I have to think, know we need a WR.

But we were never coming close to the desperation move the Jets just made with a premium pick plus salary.

I think at 4-2 though, we likely bought ourselves time to wait until the deadline to make a move. 

Now that Adams is gone. I don’t see us making a trade for a WR this year. They’ll have the assets and the cap space to make a move this coming offseason. 

• Shocked 1