Davante Adams Traded to the Jets

Process

My thoughts: 

1.  Good pickup for the Jets.   They are in "win-now" mode.  When Rodgers is gone, a rebuild ensues.  

2.  Would have loved Adams on the Bills, but with the Jets taking all the salary, that does not seem like it was possible here.  

3.  We still need a WR, last night proved it.  WRs did very little against a basically backup secondary.  D. Johnson (CAR), Cooper (CLE), or Hopkins (TEN) all are intriguing options.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5

8 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

GM desperation move to salvage the season so he doesn't get booted along side the coaching staff. 

Obviously Rodgers isn't happy either, he made a great throw at the end of the game that's picked by a falling WR. 

You might be on to something with unhappiness with Mike Williams.  Rodgers, in my view, kind of blamed him in his postgame presser.  Even if Williams kept his feet, there’s a small chance that the ball still is intercepted, and a better chance that Williams takes a shot from Johnson that breaks up a catch.  I hardly think that Mike Williams is the problem, though, after watching them last night.  

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Give up probably a 3rd round pick for what will be a HOF WR?

it’s the Jets so it probably won’t matter but let’s not pretend like Adams is a slouch here. He’s still damn good. 

Huh? It was about paying the salary and trading that type of pick. 

It’s not like you’re trading for him at the off-season where you can get super creative with the finances of him and other players. That portion is pretty much done. Especially for us and those other teams who have little cap room to work with. 

There wasn’t any knock on trading a 3rd rounder or how talented a player Adams is. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Saint Doug said:

I’m pretty sure they are going all in this season and they’ll clean house, including Rodgers, at the end of the season. Experiment failed. 

it kind of sounds like rodgers wants to be back next season though.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Bills, I have to think, know we need a WR.

But we were never coming close to the desperation move the Jets just made with a premium pick plus salary.

I think at 4-2 though, we likely bought ourselves time to wait until the deadline to make a move. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

WR isn’t an issue with the Jets so taking on his full salary from the Raiders is strange. I love the skill players though they have given Rodgers. 

Surprisingly I think the defense will be the the letdown - especially with the coach pulling double duty- offense will jell for a bit and then he will break down - and get hurt 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

My thoughts: 

1.  Good pickup for the Jets.   They are in "win-now" mode.  When Rodgers is gone, a rebuild ensues.  

2.  Would have loved Adams on the Bills, but with the Jets taking all the salary, that does not seem like it was possible here.  

3.  We still need a WR, last night proved it.  WRs did very little against a basically backup secondary.  D. Johnson (CAR), Cooper (CLE), or Hopkins (TEN) all are intriguing options.  

It’s tough as there’s not much talent that can really be had at the WR position but Diontae Johnson to me is pretty pointless. He plays in that area where Shakir thrives and Samuel used to. Very similar in styles and areas of production. 

Many posters have said a vertical/boundary option. After last night I’m in absolute agreement. This team can’t get on top of defenses. Once they do, that underneath which is already productive becomes a whole lot more open. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BlazinBill said:

Surprisingly I think the defense will be the the letdown - especially with the coach pulling double duty- offense will jell for a bit and then he will break down - and get hurt 

I’ve felt that way since the second they fired Saleh.  Should’ve kept him this year just to keep extra cr*p off ulbrichts plate 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

if the jets lose to the steelers next week, they will have two very bad losses that could keep them out of being a wild card team at the end of the year.

Jets steelers is a really big game for down the road.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

This Sunday will determine the 7 seed.  

The Steelers Chargers and Bengals will be the WC teams.  

There is a good shot that the Browns beat the Bengals this week. No matter how good the Bengals have been and how bad the Browns have been, Joe Burrow has lost in Cleveland almost every year. 

4 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

I’m pretty sure they are going all in this season and they’ll clean house, including Rodgers, at the end of the season. Experiment failed. 

Then why fire the HC week 5?

Woody Johnson has no idea what he's doing.

• Agree 2

Jets fired Saleh, knowing it was a desperation game against us for the division.  

Traded for Adams, who it sounds like is going to play this Sunday Night against the Steelers. 

Lose that game and at 2-5, they are running out of bullets for this season.   Saving grace for them is a relatively easy schedule. 

• Like (+1) 2