Davante Adams Traded to the Jets

Process

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I suspect they'll try to work out another trade deal before the deadline. Reddick overplayed his weak hand here.

wouldn't mind him on the Bills on a play out the year deal.  Perhaps he just didn't want to play for the Jets?  

The Jets are digging so deep into salary that the next 3 coaches are in trouble - they will need to win it all this year for it to be worth it.

I really don't see Rogers making it through the season - he's already been sore and gimpy- wait until the cold gets here.

Edited by BlazinBill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

So according to this thread. 

Devante Adams - baggage, distraction, not a fit. 

Yet

Amari Cooper and George Pickens would be great fits. Same George Pickens who gave up on his team last year and has been shown just not running routes? 

….interesting

Contract was the biggest issue with Adams. Less of an issue with those 2 other guys. All things equal yeah Davante is better than the other 2. However, you have to also factor in the money owed to the player.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I don’t get this one.  Rodgers looks old.  Maybe this is the “all in” move for them while they still have Rodgers.  But it’s odd to do it after dropping to 2-4 and losing to the team ahead of you in the division.  11 wins and a win over the Jets in Orchard Park probably wins the division this year.  I have a hard time seeing how we don’t get to 7 more wins assuming continued health of our quarterback.  I suppose they think they could go on a run given their remaining schedule, but . . . I don’t get it.  

It was probably nearly a done deal before last night 

• Agree 1

Just now, RyanC883 said:

wouldn't mind him on the Bills on a play out the year deal.  Perhaps he just didn't want to play for the Jets?  

Reddick wants to get paid. End of story. 

that’s why the Eagles traded him. And now the jets can’t give him the money he wants. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

I don’t get this one.  Rodgers looks old.  Maybe this is the “all in” move for them while they still have Rodgers.  But it’s odd to do it after dropping to 2-4 and losing to the team ahead of you in the division.  11 wins and a win over the Jets in Orchard Park probably wins the division this year.  I have a hard time seeing how we don’t get to 7 more wins assuming continued health of our quarterback.  I suppose they think they could go on a run given their remaining schedule, but . . . I don’t get it.  

And they play at Pitt next week so should be 2 - 5. They still have 2 games with Miami and a trip TO Buffalo.  The Jets O line doesn't look like it's going to keep Rogers healthy through the season either.

I'm not throwing out sour grapes when I say that this would have been a good signing by the Bills given their WR situation but it's a bad signing by the Jets given that they have a legit number one and O line issues and are 2 - 4.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, SCBills said:

Sounds like Beane was just in it to drive up the price, because no way we could ever come close to eating that salary. 

I don't think he was ever in it.

i think the Bills were only mentioned by the front office of the raiders to the league insiders to drive the price up on the jets because they know the jets are chasing buffalo.

Everything about adams cost and salary is a non fit for Buffalo.  Maybe as a free agent in Buffalo next year but not this route.

also, Adams playing in Buffalo in December should take this heated rivalry up another notch!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

I’m a big UGA guy so I’ve followed Pickens. super talented, attitude problems out the ass. Has mailed it in decided not to block, run a route etc. 

Yep, he's been a big issue on every team he's played for since high school.

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

I don't think he was ever in it.

i think the Bills were only mentioned by the front office of the raiders to the league insiders to drive the price up on the jets because they know the jets are chasing buffalo.

Everything about adams cost and salary is a non fit for Buffalo.  Maybe as a free agent in Buffalo next year but not this route.

also, Adams playing in Buffalo in December should take this heated rivalry up another notch!

I think he was in it up until the Raiders made it clear they wanted to offload the entire contract and were unwilling to eat any cash in the deal. Which could have been the first and only phone call.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

It was known that the loser of last night's game won the rights to trade for Adams

Agreed actually! My family and I were saying that very thing last night during the game.

Just now, billieve420 said:

Contract was the biggest issue with Adams. Less of an issue with those 2 other guys. All things equal yeah Davante is better than the other 2. However, you have to also factor in the money owed to the player.

Okay that’s fine. 

but to blatantly call Adams a distraction and a problem is just out of left field. 

• Disagree 1