Davante Adams Traded to the Jets

Process

Good.  One more log on the fire that is the jets.

The only concern about the jets is there last 5 games look like games they can win, if they lose the second game to buffalo they probably can't win the division but still they could turn it on late if they don't crumble.

• Agree 2

Just now, buffblue said:

Go get Amari Cooper. I was more interested in acquiring him than Adams anyway. Let that distraction join the clown show in New York

“Distraction” lol what?

I mean I get it’s the Jets but Adams is not a distraction. 

mid be willing to bet if he got traded to the Bills you wouldn’t have even come close to saying this. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Process said:

Well there you go

Most people knew it would be them out of the reported teams. They were the only ones who could really eat his salary this year and after. 

On top of that, clearly the only team ludicrous enough to pay the salary and a day 2 draft pick. 

Adams is talented, no doubt, but we likely dodged a bullet in having to give up all that. 

• Agree 1

Just now, buffblue said:

Go get Amari Cooper. I was more interested in acquiring him than Adams anyway. Let that distraction join the clown show in New York

he leads the league in drops and is known as lazy who plays hard when he feels like it.

Getting cooper is a huge gamble.  He may go for 200 one week and then do nothing for a month.

• Sad 1

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

Good.  One more log on the fire that is the jets.

The only concern about the jets is there last 5 games look like games they can win, if they lose the second game to buffalo they probably can't win the division but still they could turn it on late if they don't crumble.

They’d need to go 8-3 to make the playoffs in the AFC

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Sojourner said:

Most people knew it would be them out of the reported teams. They were the only ones who could really eat his salary this year and after. 

On top of that, clearly the only team ludicrous enough to pay the salary and a day 2 draft pick. 

Adams is talented, no doubt, but we likely dodged a bullet in having to give up all that. 

Give up probably a 3rd round pick for what will be a HOF WR?

it’s the Jets so it probably won’t matter but let’s not pretend like Adams is a slouch here. He’s still damn good. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

he leads the league in drops and is known as lazy who plays hard when he feels like it.

Getting cooper is a huge gamble.  He may go for 200 one week and then do nothing for a month.

You are not tied to him long term so better fit. Cheap and rental for remainder of the season. Can move on next year and find that deep threat player in the draft with speed to complement Coleman on the other side.

Edited by billieve420

Does Adams' presence change the result last night?  

I though Lazard and Wilson were both pretty solid.  

Rodgers is a statue.  Im really unsure if he survives the Pittsburgh and Houston games (health/IR-wise)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

They’d need to go 8-3 to make the playoffs in the AFC

I am just talking about the division.  Feels like the east can be won with 9 or 10 wins this year.

The Bills finishing 10-7 or 9-8 and the jets finishing one game back does not seem that far fetched to me.

cant imagine a wild card coming from the east in any scenario

• Disagree 2

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

Money wise Cooper is basically free, and I doubt he goes for more than a 5th. Almost zero risk and hardly a gamble. If he's trouble you just cut him. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2