Davante Adams Traded to the Jets

Process

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10139532-2024-nfl-trade-grades-davante-adams-amari-cooper-deals-kickstart-deadline-moves

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Jets acquired Davante Adams from the Las Vegas Raiders in exchange for a conditional 2025 third-round pick that can become a second-rounder if he makes first- or second-team Associated Press All-Pro and is on Gang Green's roster for the AFC Championship Game or the Super Bowl.

Raiders grade: B+

Jets grade: C+

react_haha.png

The Browns received decent draft capital for Cooper, but they created this problem with a questionable extension for Watson and unwavering faith in him to turn his season around.

Bills grade: A

Browns grade: D

I can not agree on an A for half a season production where player has no obligation to resign and only recourse is tagging him,

• Eyeroll 3

Just now, Saxum said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10139532-2024-nfl-trade-grades-davante-adams-amari-cooper-deals-kickstart-deadline-moves

react_haha.png

I can not agree on an A for half a season production where player has no obligation to resign and only recourse is tagging him,

what about this is hard to understand?

Cooper is a pending UFA and will want to earn one more big payday. The only way he does that is by production.  Maybe he ends up a Bill for 2-3 years. Maybe he hits the market

bottom line: we acquire a WR1 with a cap hit lower than 1 million. We give a 3rd, 7th and get a 6th

Absolutely an A Grade for us

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

My wife just found all the messages on my phone from local hookers who give me the "girlfriend experience". 

I plan to solve this problem by buying her some flowers and chocolates

That's worked for me when I got caught by ex wife #8

15 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Jets are really kicking alot of $$$ down the road.  Re structured Adams deal, with 2 void years.

It will be an ugly collapse at some point soon.

Eh, honestly it makes sense.  They already know it's a rebuild starting either next year or the year after.. whenever Rodgers retires. 

When that happens, they likely won't have draft position or draft capital to get a top guy, so they'll sign a bridge QB and maybe draft a Tier 2 QB... take their medicine for a year and then hope to figure out a QB situation the following year.. but that will be with a highly paid Wilson and Sauce.  

They're in a rough future position either way.. might as well go for it.  Spreading 8M of dead cap through a couple years to try to salvage this year makes sense when it's a bleak future either way..

Edited by SCBills

25 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Eh, honestly it makes sense.  They already know it's a rebuild starting either next year or the year after.. whenever Rodgers retires. 

When that happens, they likely won't have draft position or draft capital to get a top guy, so they'll sign a bridge QB and maybe draft a Tier 2 QB... take their medicine for a year and then hope to figure out a QB situation the following year.. but that will be with a highly paid Wilson and Sauce.  

They're in a rough future position either way.. might as well go for it.  Spreading 8M of dead cap through a couple years to try to salvage this year makes sense when it's a bleak future either way..

I'm glad they made the move.  Personally, I think leveraging any future assets to go all in this year is foolish.

A 2-4 team, with a 40 yr old QB that's a major injury risk, just fired their head coach, demoted their O coordinator, poor OL/aging tackles.  List goes on.

Just don't think this moves the needle for them.  We shall see, but I see them losing 2 of the next 3 and wheels start to fall off at 3-6.

Edited by MasterStrategist

14 hours ago, Saxum said:

react_haha.png

What the Browns fail to realize is the compensation they're getting are 'Beane picks'.  It automatically results in the pick being undersized or too slow. 🤔😁

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Do it, Beane!

Honestly, he’s not looked that great. He has lousy body control and has a few passes that were called incomplete because he couldn’t get his feet in.

I'd argue he has elite body control but isn't big or tall, so can have issues and inconsistencies when bodied up aggressively. (Can also get loose against such coverage, so...)

Seems like a WR who can be impacted by big hits. He's not big enough for consistent #1 target share. Despite how talented he is. More like a perfect #2 guy tbh. 

On 10/16/2024 at 10:48 AM, SCBills said:

They haven’t figured out their qb situation in decades how are they gonna figure it out in two years lol