Davante Adams Traded to the Jets

Process

20 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

If you think that team is going to go 9-2 the rest of the way, you haven't watched much of the NFL. That team has no direction right now. They fired the HC in a move that signals "We are not going in the right direction) demoted the OC, have a terrible line and an old aging QB who can't seem to get on the same page as his WRs. Sure they traded for Adams, but the problems the Jets have are far more than needing another playmaker. Everyone crowning the Jets as some juggernaut who just needs to figure it out has completely ignored all the dysfunction the last few years. 

Adams helps, but if they can't protect their QB and stop the run (they got gashed by rookie RB last night) it doesn't really matter. 

I'm not saying it's probable, but I do think it's plausible because if you look at it, it's an extremely easy schedule overall. But you're right, it's a week to week league and injuries happen. 

• Agree 1

I have seen, I think, every Jets game so far this season.  Not impressed.  Hall and their two WRs last night was about the best I've seen from them.

Receiving is not where they need to improve though.  This is dumb.  Rogers has a good arm and great accuracy still but I don't see him lasting past week 10 or 12ish d7e to injuries.  Then onto tyrod.   

If it's about this season then improve OL not WR.  Smarter at 2-4 though would be thinking long term and post Rodgers.  But, whatever, they and the dolphins can wallow a few years, that's an Atlantic coastal problem not ours.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I'm not saying it's probable, but I do think it's plausible because if you look at it, it's an extremely easy schedule overall. But you're right, it's a week to week league and injuries happen. 

It’s kind of all relative.. a lot of the jets issues are in the trenches so I think they’re in the good not great tier with Adams..  and when you’re good not great, a lot of those seemingly easy games on your schedule turn into 55/45 odds of winning type games but our fans worrying about the jets seem to be treating them like 80/20 type games 

they easily could’ve lost to Tennessee if Levis’ brain didn’t short circuit and lost to Denver..  yea they’re playing good teams tough but bad teams are playing them tough too..  the Arizona’s of the league could easily beat them 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It’s kind of all relative.. a lot of the jets issues are in the trenches so I think they’re in the good not great tier with Adams..  and when you’re good not great, a lot of those seemingly easy games on your schedule turn into 55/45 odds of winning type games but our fans worrying about the jets seem to be treating them like 80/20 type games 

they easily could’ve lost to Tennessee if Levis’ brain didn’t short circuit and lost to Denver..  yea they’re playing good teams tough but bad teams are playing them tough too..  the Arizona’s of the league could easily beat them 

I'll say this: if Pitt beats them, I'll rest a lot easier. The pathway to the division title becomes a lot if the Jets fall to 2-5, Miami loses on the road at Indy, and the Bills take care of business at home vs TN. That's a commanding lead just seven games into the season.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Amari Cooper is an option 

Cooper is heading up the 90 to the Bills.

23 minutes ago, sleeby said:

The Jets are 1.5 favorites over the steelers in Pitt!  I don't gamble but I think this seems like a place i might start.  

I'd take that bet even with Fields playing QB but Wilson is taking #1  reps for the Steelers this week.  If he can find even 70% of his Seattle form, he'll be a much better option than Fields.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, sleeby said:

The Jets are 1.5 favorites over the steelers in Pitt!  I don't gamble but I think this seems like a place i might start.  

Steelers are about to start Russell Wilson....

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Murdox said:

Rodgers is currently running the Jets.  Hah.

He’ll be running it from the sidelines before the seasons out,  he’s a statue and pretty much a sitting duck.  I can’t believe we didn’t get after him last night.

Like all of the other moves forced upon the team by their head coach/GM/QB, this will also make no positive difference, and hopefully will cost the jets a slew of money in the long term.

A dumpster fire is still a dumpster fire, even if you throw a tarnished gold candelabra into the flames.

God bless him though; he certainly has gotten every thing he has demanded in NY.

Except for a winning football team, respect, and a quality last chapter to end his career--to define him going forward. Well deserved.

And the effects of his moves so far have met my expectations as to what a team run by a man like rodgers would look like. Great to see he is still calling all of the shots. Hope there are many more to come...

Edited by Mister Defense