Davante Adams Traded to the Jets

Process

24 minutes ago, vincec said:

This is the kind of thinking that makes me hate the Jets. They’re a 2-4 team that hasn’t made the playoffs in 13 years, just fired their head coach, and are on the verge of imploding, but people are penciling in win after win like they’re some kind of juggernaut.

I get that, but it is true that they are a talented team overall and that Adams is an elite WR. I'm not saying this is going to happen, but they should win most of these games if talent is the basis for making the prediction.

3 hours ago, Process said:

Well there you go

I feel bad for Raiders fans. This is 100% attributable to having a cheap owner who prioritized another team taking the salary off his books instead of just paying it and getting a better asset.

Terrible long term thinking. Terrible ownership.

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

The Jets aren't that bad and I think some folks here don't quite realize how good Adams is. He is a huge upgrade.

The odd man out will be Mike Williams, who through no fault of his own was the target on Rodgers's game ending INTs the last two weeks. One was beautifully read by Gilmore, who knew he was going to back-shoulder it, and the other was an awful throw by Rogers that Taron made a great play on. Also, Williams dropped a pass earlier. 

A threesome of Adams, Wilson (both #1s), and Lazard with Williams as fourth is a formidable group of pass catchers. 

Their upcoming schedule is very soft too, and while they could lose any of these games, here's my pick based on talent differentials (as I see them) over the rest of the season.

at Pitt (probable win; Steelers are not very good)

at Patriots (win)

Texans at home (50/50; probably the Jets, though, given that Nico Collins will be out)

at Cardinals (50/50)

Colts at home (win)

Seahawks at home (win)

at Dolphins (win)

at Jaguars (win)

Rams at home (win)

at Bills (probable loss but it's a matchup problem for the Bills, as evidenced from last night)

Dolphins at home (win)

Point is, even with the bad 2-4 start, it's very plausible for them to end up 11-6. Not saying they will, but don't be surprised and also don't be surprised if that Bills/Jets game is for the division.

If you think that team is going to go 9-2 the rest of the way, you haven't watched much of the NFL. That team has no direction right now. They fired the HC in a move that signals "We are not going in the right direction) demoted the OC, have a terrible line and an old aging QB who can't seem to get on the same page as his WRs. Sure they traded for Adams, but the problems the Jets have are far more than needing another playmaker. Everyone crowning the Jets as some juggernaut who just needs to figure it out has completely ignored all the dysfunction the last few years. 

Adams helps, but if they can't protect their QB and stop the run (they got gashed by rookie RB last night) it doesn't really matter. 

20 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

And you think the cap savings  next year will be spent on a WR worth a damn?  I'll take the odds it isnt.

I think we’re getting Hopkins either via trade (unlikely but possible) or in free agency next year (more likely) and if beane really thinks we’re a wr away right now (idk if he does) maybe the trade route is pushed a little harder 

Seemed like it fell apart last time in free agency mostly on our end not Hopkins’ and we probably regretted it the way things went down 

26 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

And you think the cap savings  next year will be spent on a WR worth a damn?  I'll take the odds it isnt.

What were we going to do to clear 10Mish cap room?

3 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

If you think that team is going to go 9-2 the rest of the way, you haven't watched much of the NFL. That team has no direction right now. They fired the HC in a move that signals "We are not going in the right direction) demoted the OC, have a terrible line and an old aging QB who can't seem to get on the same page as his WRs. Sure they traded for Adams, but the problems the Jets have are far more than needing another playmaker. Everyone crowning the Jets as some juggernaut who just needs to figure it out has completely ignored all the dysfunction the last few years. 

Adams helps, but if they can't protect their QB and stop the run (they got gashed by rookie RB last night) it doesn't really matter. 

Could be a nice bounce back by the bills but the defense looked pretty hapless for the jets.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen them get pushed around like that in the running game

a bunch of self inflicted penalties on the bills offense was the jets entire second half defense  

they don’t seem to be getting a ‘let’s play hard for a new coach’ boost at all and this is reading between the lines a bit I think that locker room is a mess.  

• Agree 1

Fire the coach one game back in the division, trade away future assets at 2-4 for overpriced, aging wide receiver. The Jets seem serious… about claiming the record for the longest playoff drought in NFL history bc it’s going to take a miracle to right this ship any time soon.

Even if they get a top pick, you know they’re just going to do their best to ruin that QB like they’ve done to literally every single QB they’ve drafted in the last 20+ years.

1 minute ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Fire the coach one game back in the division, trade away future assets at 2-4 for overpriced, aging wide receiver. The Jets seem serious… about claiming the record for the longest playoff drought in NFL history bc it’s going to take a miracle to right this ship any time soon.

Even if they get a top pick, you know they’re just going to do their best to ruin that QB like they’ve done to literally every single QB they’ve drafted in the last 20+ years.

I really think they were expecting a win last night and the Adams deal was probably just about done before the game 

• Agree 2

33 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

I feel bad for Raiders fans. This is 100% attributable to having a cheap owner who prioritized another team taking the salary off his books instead of just paying it and getting a better asset.

Terrible long term thinking. Terrible ownership.

vde886ehluvvpxwowsld.thumb.jpg.351c7f4b983c3f0a8e46b70a9c97b5fc.jpg

He's so cheap that he's saving tons of money getting haircuts at home; no way he's paying a guy who doesn't play for them anymore. 

Edited by Bruffalo

Jets and Bengals are far from done in this playoff race. With Adams, they now have 3 receivers all better than our top receiver. The Bills need to put the pedal down and stack as many wins as possible. I see us with an 11-7 final record and the Jets with 10 wins in the end. That Jets@ Buffalo game is going to mean something, book it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Success said:

Could end up a 2nd - and the Jets have to take on the salary.  That's not cheap.

The only way it's a 2nd is if davante is an all pro 1st or 2nd team (how is that even possible given he's been out for 3 games) AND they must make the AFC Championship game. So almost no way it turns Into a 2nd. And it will most likely be middle of the 3rd or towards the back end of the 3rd as the jets have one of the easiest schedules remaining and davante Theoretically makes them better. I'd be surprised if they finished less than 9-8. So a middle 3rd rd pick for a hall of fame WR is nothing , IF you have the cap space. Which the bills didn't. And remember the jets are off the hook at the end of the year, it's not like they have to take on a big bloated future contract.

Edited by TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th
  • Thank you (+1) 1