Davante Adams Traded to the Jets

Process

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

The Jets aren't that bad and I think some folks here don't quite realize how good Adams is. He is a huge upgrade.

The odd man out will be Mike Williams, who through no fault of his own was the target on Rodgers's game ending INTs the last two weeks. One was beautifully read by Gilmore, who knew he was going to back-shoulder it, and the other was an awful throw by Rogers that Taron made a great play on. Also, Williams dropped a pass earlier. 

A threesome of Adams, Wilson (both #1s), and Lazard with Williams as fourth is a formidable group of pass catchers. 

Their upcoming schedule is very soft too, and while they could lose any of these games, here's my pick based on talent differentials (as I see them) over the rest of the season.

at Pitt (probable win; Steelers are not very good)

at Patriots (win)

Texans at home (50/50; probably the Jets, though, given that Nico Collins will be out)

at Cardinals (50/50)

Colts at home (win)

Seahawks at home (win)

at Dolphins (win)

at Jaguars (win)

Rams at home (win)

at Bills (probable loss but it's a matchup problem for the Bills, as evidenced from last night)

Dolphins at home (win)

Point is, even with the bad 2-4 start, it's very plausible for them to end up 11-6. Not saying they will, but don't be surprised and also don't be surprised if that Bills/Jets game is for the division.

This is the kind of thinking that makes me hate the Jets. They’re a 2-4 team that hasn’t made the playoffs in 13 years, just fired their head coach, and are on the verge of imploding, but people are penciling in win after win like they’re some kind of juggernaut.

• Agree 1

Is the Cooper drop rate this year an aberration or has he always had lousy hands?  I think he would be a good fit for the Bills.  Let Coleman play slot and Cooper and Shakir outside.  I'd be ok with a fourth for a rental.  Maybe a little steep but I think we're a decent outside WR and a healthy D from making a run.

2 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Good.  One more log on the fire that is the jets.

The only concern about the jets is there last 5 games look like games they can win, if they lose the second game to buffalo they probably can't win the division but still they could turn it on late if they don't crumble.

The 3rd place schedule will help them a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, vincec said:

This is the kind of thinking that makes me hate the Jets. They’re a 2-4 team that hasn’t made the playoffs in 13 years, just fired their head coach, and are on the verge of imploding, but people are penciling in win after win like they’re some kind of juggernaut.

2-4 but they are going to go and "probably" win 9 of next 10 or at worst 8 of next 10 😂

Meanwhile similar people are like, "I can't see the 4-2 Bills winning 6 more" 🙄

Edited by What a Tuel

2 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

2-4 but they are going to go and "probably" win 9 of next 10 or at worst 8 of next 10 😂

Dum Dums

Honestly, I don't get why everyone thinks this is a bad move. Rodgers and Adam's are one of the best duos of this generation. This was a must move by the Jets if they wanted to contend. Will it pan out? Probably not but they are definitely better with him then without.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

Steelers game is massive for them.

If they win, they have a shot to get back in this thing.  If they drop to 2-5, not likely that an easy schedule can save them.

2 hours ago, Justin C said:

I don’t thing GM Rodgers is close to being fired.

Not gonna lie, after the beating he is taking this year... I would be moderately surprised if he continued. 

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

All it took was a conditional 3rd?  Christ...

And the Jets paying all of Adams salary. You really think Buffalo is in the position to do that?

Edited by Draconator

7 minutes ago, billykay said:

The 3rd place schedule will help them a lot.

Three game difference (Broncos and Steelers and Vikings) vs our (Chiefs, Ravens, Lions). They already lost two of them.

To be fair im sure everyone has us penciled in to lose Chiefs and Lions and we already lost to the Ravens, but thats why we play the games, we will see.