Davante Adams Traded to the Jets

Process

13 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

"The Raiders trade Adams to the Jets for 3rd/conditional 2nd" 

Well it's a bit higher than I would have liked the Bills to give up but for the cap hit the Raiders would be taking on for a on for a one year rental-

"And the Jets will pay the remaining $13.5 million on Adams deal and will be looking at salaries of $36.5 million for 2025 and 2026" 

AHAHAHAHAHA

Yikes

10 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Glad we got them before and have them at home next time. Rogers must know that unlikely he has another year in tank and doesn’t care about cap issues in future. What does Jets cap look like?  

This is a good observation.  Rodgers is on borrowed time, and he probably doesn’t care about next year.  

The other layer here is that I wonder how many offers the Raiders actually had on him.  It seems like this thing developed pretty quickly yesterday, and I’m wondering if the Raiders jumped at the Jets to get it done before the Jets lost interest and the Raiders were stuck with the contract and the player. 

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Can Adams block Watt? The Steelers at home are going to put Rogers in the hospital.  Pitt also runs the ball which is a Jet defensive weakness. I would be very surprised if the Jets aren't 2 - 5 after next weekend.

Morgan Moses is a pretty good player and his absence the last couple of games is why they were a sieve. He came back last night and played well. He's not the best RT, but he's an upgrade over their first round pick, Fashanu, at this point. Fashanu was overwhelmed vs Denver and MN. 

This morning on GMFB they were saying, prior to the trade, that getting Devante Adams would totally be the wrong move for the Jests. They were saying adding high priced vets to the squad and throwing money at the team will not fix their problems. 😂

13 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Rodgers despises McCarthy. That'll never happen.

Hmmm. That’s weird I thought they were still close?

Thats what was reported last year when he tore his Achilles 4 plays into the season? McCarthy and him were “close friends”?

Just now, Sojourner said:

Hmmm. That’s weird I thought they were still close?

Thats what was reported last year when he tore his Achilles 4 plays into the season? McCarthy and him were “close friends”?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-apparently-had-toxic-13-year-relationship-with-former-packers-coach-mike-mccarthy/

I think what you're seeing now is effective PR management by Rodgers, who is good at covering up his quasi-sociopathic behavior after it happens. It was an unhappy relationship in GB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I love this signing.  First, the Jets offense sucks and not because of a lack of talent, they actually have a great WR room.  Second the Jets paid a premium and this will hurt them in future years because they have a bunch of you g talent to sign.  Third, this confirms the Mike Williams signing was a bust. Fourth, Adams doesn’t go to a competitor, he goes to a bottom feeder.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

it kind of sounds like rodgers wants to be back next season though.  

Wait a few more weeks :)

33 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Glad we got them before and have them at home next time. Rogers must know that unlikely he has another year in tank and doesn’t care about cap issues in future. What does Jets cap look like?  

Not great and two of their better olinemen were on 1 year bandaid deals and a bunch of their young guys are gonna need contracts soon 

20 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

It's extremely easy for the Jets to get out of the later years with zero penalty. That $36.5 million number is funny money.

Send a little of that funny money my way, I'll bet t spends as well as serious money.

15 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

I love this signing.  First, the Jets offense sucks and not because of a lack of talent, they actually have a great WR room.  Second the Jets paid a premium and this will hurt them in future years because they have a bunch of you g talent to sign.  Third, this confirms the Mike Williams signing was a bust. Fourth, Adams doesn’t go to a competitor, he goes to a bottom feeder.

I'm not sure I would call the Jets a bottom feeder at this point.  With the relative weakness of their remaining schedule compared to ours, I think the division will still be close.