Davante Adams Traded to the Jets

Process

Bills had no chance if Raiders were not going to take on the salary. A Jets 3rd is going to be ten picks lower than a Bills second. Better trade for the Raiders.

Bills had no chance if Raiders were not going to take on the salary. A Jets 3rd is going to be ten picks lower than a Bills second. Better trade for the Raiders.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

“Distraction” lol what?

I mean I get it’s the Jets but Adams is not a distraction. 

mid be willing to bet if he got traded to the Bills you wouldn’t have even come close to saying this. 

He is basically forcing his way out of Las Vegas? His own head coach Antonio Pierce is liking social media posts about him getting traded? He openly wants to play only with Aaron Rodgers or Derek Carr, indicating winning isn't the most important thing to him? Yeah, I'd say he is a distraction.

What could go wrong? What a great idea to give up premium draft capital for a receiver on the wrong side of 30 with a big contract who always has a nagging injury.

I've been on the Cooper/Johnson/Hopkins/etc. train all along.

Edited by buffblue
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Makes all the sense in the world for the Raiders. They got rid of a toxic, high-priced asset that they acquired to play with a QB who is no longer there. What's funny is that the Jets will have to do the same things in a few months for the same reason. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, buffblue said:

He is basically forcing his way out of Las Vegas? His own head coach Antonio Pierce is liking social media posts about him getting traded? He openly wants to play only with Aaron Rodgers or Derek Carr, indicating winning isn't the most important thing to him? Yeah, I'd say he is a distraction.

What could go wrong? What a great idea to give up premium draft capital for a receiver on the wrong side of 30 with a big contract who always has a nagging injury.

Not to mention that the Jets locker room is divided between Aaron's guys and the guys that were there before him and this only adds to that tension. 

Just now, Bills!Win! said:

So will the Jets get Mike McCarthy and David Bakhtiari as well to complete the reunion?

What's Geordie Nelson doing these days?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bills!Win! said:

So will the Jets get Mike McCarthy and David Bakhtiari as well to complete the reunion?

Easy, easy. Next year. 

In all seriousness, if McCarthy gets canned he might end up there if Rodgers returns. 

"The Raiders trade Adams to the Jets for 3rd/conditional 2nd" 

Well it's a bit higher than I would have liked the Bills to give up but for the cap hit the Raiders would be taking on for a on for a one year rental-

"And the Jets will pay the remaining $13.5 million on Adams deal and will be looking at salaries of $36.5 million for 2025 and 2026" 

AHAHAHAHAHA

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, QB Bills said:

A lot of copium being passed around in this thread. This makes the Jets better so last night's win is even more important now.

Glad we got them before and have them at home next time. Rogers must know that unlikely he has another year in tank and doesn’t care about cap issues in future. What does Jets cap look like?  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Matt_In_NH said:

This will not work for them.   Jets and dolphins are going to get blown up probably soon…coaches and gms etc.  bills are set up to continue dominating the division.  

Honestly the Patriots look like the team that could be in the best position to threaten us the next few seasons

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The Jets aren't that bad and I think some folks here don't quite realize how good Adams is. He is a huge upgrade.

The odd man out will be Mike Williams, who through no fault of his own was the target on Rodgers's game ending INTs the last two weeks. One was beautifully read by Gilmore, who knew he was going to back-shoulder it, and the other was an awful throw by Rogers that Taron made a great play on. Also, Williams dropped a pass earlier. 

A threesome of Adams, Wilson (both #1s), and Lazard with Williams as fourth is a formidable group of pass catchers. 

Their upcoming schedule is very soft too, and while they could lose any of these games, here's my pick based on talent differentials (as I see them) over the rest of the season.

at Pitt (probable win; Steelers are not very good)

at Patriots (win)

Texans at home (50/50; probably the Jets, though, given that Nico Collins will be out)

at Cardinals (50/50)

Colts at home (win)

Seahawks at home (win)

at Dolphins (win)

at Jaguars (win)

Rams at home (win)

at Bills (probable loss but it's a matchup problem for the Bills, as evidenced from last night)

Dolphins at home (win)

Point is, even with the bad 2-4 start, it's very plausible for them to end up 11-6. Not saying they will, but don't be surprised and also don't be surprised if that Bills/Jets game is for the division.

Can Adams block Watt? The Steelers at home are going to put Rogers in the hospital.  Pitt also runs the ball which is a Jet defensive weakness. I would be very surprised if the Jets aren't 2 - 5 after next weekend.

1 hour ago, QB Bills said:

A lot of copium being passed around in this thread. This makes the Jets better so last night's win is even more important now.

I don’t think it’s copium per se…it definitely makes them better but I think it’s a fair opinion to think it’s not better enough and doesn’t really make a whole lot of sense..

A lot of jets fans don’t even like it who would not be experiencing bills fan copium lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

"The Raiders trade Adams to the Jets for 3rd/conditional 2nd" 

Well it's a bit higher than I would have liked the Bills to give up but for the cap hit the Raiders would be taking on for a on for a one year rental-

"And the Jets will pay the remaining $13.5 million on Adams deal and will be looking at salaries of $36.5 million for 2025 and 2026" 

AHAHAHAHAHA

The conditional second is if Adams is named an all-pro -- which probably ain't happening given that he's missed three games already and averaged only 52 yards/game (with one total TD) in his three games with the Raiders. The max he'll play is 14 games. I guess he could go off and rack up a ton of yards TDs over the final 11 games, but I think it's less likely than not that he gets named all pro at this point.