Davante Adams Traded to the Jets

Process

He was never a realistic target for Buffalo. Mark Davis was never going to eat the type of money it would’ve taken for a trade with Buffalo.

Im good with him going to the Jets though. I think it’s going to end up biting them in the ass with Garrett Wilson. Instead of Rodgers developing chemistry with a good young WR who was recently a top 10 pick, he brought in his old #1 WR who is going to get the lion’s share of targets now and be unhappy if/when he doesn’t.

I could see Wilson forcing his way out eventually.

I thought Joe Douglas built a good young team. But they keep slowly replacing the young players with aging out vets to appease Rodgers.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

A 3 point win when the Jets missed two field goals that relied on us needing to get a crazy INT at the end is barely winning.........

I’d bet money Rodgers doesnt last the full season 

Edited by Awwufelloff
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

He was never a realistic target for Buffalo. Mark Davis was never going to eat the type of money it would’ve taken for a trade with Buffalo.

Im good with him going to the Jets though. I think it’s going to end up biting them in the ass with Garrett Wilson. Instead of Rodgers developing chemistry with a good young WR who was recently a top 10 pick, he brought in his old #1 WR who is going to get the lion’s share of targets now and be unhappy if/when he doesn’t.

I could see Wilson forcing his way out eventually.

I thought Joe Douglas built a good young team. But they keep slowly replacing the young players with aging out vets to appease Rodgers.

He did build a good young team. They just wiffed on Zach Wilson, which started the deconstruction process.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

No-  DK isn’t getting traded

I really have no idea where people come up with this stuff. Contending teams, or teams with developmental QBs, don't trade offensive weapons during the season. The problem is that with the 7th playoff spot, there are a lot of teams that think that they are still in the mix and the teams that are definitely out of it don't have much to trade for. 

20 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The Jets aren't that bad and I think some folks here don't quite realize how good Adams is. He is a huge upgrade.

The odd man out will be Mike Williams, who through no fault of his own was the target on Rodgers's game ending INTs the last two weeks. One was beautifully read by Gilmore, who knew he was going to back-shoulder it, and the other was an awful throw by Rogers that Taron made a great play on. Also, Williams dropped a pass earlier. 

A threesome of Adams, Wilson (both #1s), and Lazard with Williams as fourth is a formidable group of pass catchers. 

Their upcoming schedule is very soft too, and while they could lose any of these games, here's my pick based on talent differentials (as I see them) over the rest of the season.

at Pitt (probable win; Steelers are not very good)

at Patriots (win)

Texans at home (50/50; probably the Jets, though, given that Nico Collins will be out)

at Cardinals (50/50)

Colts at home (win)

Seahawks at home (win)

at Dolphins (win)

at Jaguars (win)

Rams at home (win)

at Bills (probable loss but it's a matchup problem for the Bills, as evidenced from last night)

Dolphins at home (win)

Point is, even with the bad 2-4 start, it's very plausible for them to end up 11-6. Not saying they will, but don't be surprised and also don't be surprised if that Bills/Jets game is for the division.

I agree with all of that-  with the one caveat being the jets terrible OL play and Rodgers ability to stay healthy behind it.  

huge roll of the dice.  I would think the chances of him staying healthy and being ready come playoffs are just under 50%

their schedule is their glimmer of hope.  

Main reason this topic is getting attention is Buffalo's WRs are so bad...as reasonable people could see after the draft was over if not before.  Last night didn't dispel that their WR group is pulling the entire offense down.    

Jets are a cluster and still likely don't make the playoffs.  Doesn't change that McBeane have taken a once-strong offense and turned it into one that struggles tremendously which now absolutely needs an infusion move to even get back to average.  18 points scored per these last 3 games demonstrate that. 

as alpha said, the raiders didn't have to pay one extra dime, and the jest have the cap room, so that is that.

i suppose my next impossible dream of dk getting traded is there, but i don't see that happening.  also, cooper i suppose is out there, that might be the best/only realistic option.

21 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

We barely beat them and our defense had trouble stopping Garrett Wilson and Hall alone last night. If Mike Williams isn't an idiot, we probably lose. This isn't good......

Hopefully Rodgers starts to really feel his age and TJ Watt really goes after him this Sunday. Steelers need to rough them up and make them feel pain to hopefully impact our game later on. 

They are 2-2 in the AFC (2-4 if they lose to the Stillers and Texans) and we have a 2-0 AFC East record with road wins vs. the Dolphins and Jets. This isn't good? Yeah it is, because it will further erode the already fractured team chemistry as another one of Aaron's old bros joins up.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

29 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

Im the tragic opposite. I know the record is awful in the playoffs against them but I want us to eliminate them. Divisionals or AFCC. if we beat them I squarely feel everyone in that building will believe they can win a Lombardi. 

The talent level disparity is such that you'd expect a 5-5 or 6-4 split out of 10 games.

The coaching level disparity is :sick:

• Sad 1

Just now, NewEra said:

I agree with all of that-  with the one caveat being the jets terrible OL play and Rodgers ability to stay healthy behind it.  

huge roll of the dice.  I would think the chances of him staying healthy and being ready come playoffs are just under 50%

their schedule is their glimmer of hope.  

Yeah, totally. I'm basing my assessment on no injuries because they're impossible to predict (for both the Jets and their opponents). But Rodgers going down for the season next week on a hit by a Steelers pass rusher is certainly in the realm of the plausible. Their problem on o-line was the guy subbing for Morgan Moses at RT (he's awful) -- as Greg Cosell pointed out, both MN and Denver targeted him and feasted. Moses came back last night. He looked fine, and the Jets moved the ball almost at will vs the Bills. I don't think their line, when healthy, is that much of a problem. They averaged 6 yards per rush and 8.4 yards per passing attempt, which is really good. The Bills D is very average, so factor that in.

15 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Same. This is a lesser talented Bills team (compared to last year) that choked games against the terrible Patriots, Broncos, and Jets last year and choked against the Texans who lost key receivers the second half and squeaked by against the losing record Cardinals.....................We should be worried

I'm worried about the Bills. I'm not worried about the Jets.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1