Davante Adams Traded to the Jets

Process

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

The Jets aren't that bad and I think some folks here don't quite realize how good Adams is. He is a huge upgrade.

The odd man out will be Mike Williams, who through no fault of his own was the target on Rodgers's game ending INTs the last two weeks. One was beautifully read by Gilmore, who knew he was going to back-shoulder it, and the other was an awful throw by Rogers that Taron made a great play on. Also, Williams dropped a pass earlier. 

A threesome of Adams, Wilson (both #1s), and Lazard with Williams as fourth is a formidable group of pass catchers. 

Their upcoming schedule is very soft too, and while they could lose any of these games, here's my pick based on talent differentials (as I see them) over the rest of the season.

at Pitt (probable win; Steelers are not very good)

at Patriots (win)

Texans at home (50/50; probably the Jets, though, given that Nico Collins will be out)

at Cardinals (50/50)

Colts at home (win)

Seahawks at home (win)

at Dolphins (win)

at Jaguars (win)

Rams at home (win)

at Bills (probable loss but it's a matchup problem for the Bills, as evidenced from last night)

Dolphins at home (win)

Point is, even with the bad 2-4 start, it's very plausible for them to end up 11-6. Not saying they will, but don't be surprised and also don't be surprised if that Bills/Jets game is for the division.

Oh I think I will be very surprised if that is the case. The Jets have an o-line problem that will not get better. Rodgers will be lucky to finish the season,

• Agree 2

We barely beat them and our defense had trouble stopping Garrett Wilson and Hall alone last night. If Mike Williams isn't an idiot, we probably lose. This isn't good......

Hopefully Rodgers starts to really feel his age and TJ Watt really goes after him this Sunday. Steelers need to rough them up and make them feel pain to hopefully impact our game later on. 

• Haha (+1) 2

At least it’s not the Ravens or Chiefs. 

Him going to the Jets is irrelevant. Let them go in a deeper hole. 

1 minute ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

We barely beat them and our defense had trouble stopping Garrett Wilson and Hall alone last night. If Mike Williams isn't an idiot, we probably lose. This isn't good......

Hopefully Rodgers starts to really feel his age and TJ Watt really goes after him this Sunday. Steelers need to rough them up and make them feel pain to hopefully impact our game later on. 

“this isn’t good”. 

You’re right, it’s great. If you’re scared of the Jets you should tune out rest of the way. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

At least it’s not the Ravens or Chiefs. 

Him going to the Jets is irrelevant. Let them go in a deeper hole. 

“this isn’t good”. 

You’re right, it’s great. If you’re scared of the Jets you should tune out rest of the way. 

We barely beat them last night and they got better...........We should be worried some.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Mike Williams did nothing wrong on that play. It was a terrible throw.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Not just in their heads.

They should've won last night. The missed field goals and the incredible Taron INT sealed it.

Other than KC, who has really stepped up to look like an AFC contender? Not us, not the Ravens, certainly not the Dolphins. The perennial "on the cusp" Chargers?

Lost me at they should’ve won last night lol

they caught a ton of breaks to even be in that game.  The buffalo oline which had been struggling for weeks absolutely pushed them around.  They were losing C tier pass catchers in coverage. A rookie rb went up and down the field on them.  They have massive issues on both sides of the ball and are one OL injury away from being a straight up bad team with adams which I think is highly likely with 11 games to go 

‘not the ravens’ 😂. Is this a real post?  I mean I understand they have had playoff struggles but they look like the best team in the afc by a mile so far 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

The more the Jets double down on the Aaron Rodgers experiment, the better it is for the Bills.  They are going to lose at least 3 of their next 4 games and their season will be over. Also, I feel like the Bills exposed the Jets’ defense, which has issues up front.  

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Lost me at they should’ve won last night lol

they caught a ton of breaks to even be in that game.  The buffalo oline which had been struggling for weeks absolutely pushed them around.  They were losing C tier pass catchers in coverage. A rookie rb went up and down the field on them.  They have massive issues on both sides of the ball and are one OL injury away from being a straight up bad team with adams 

‘not the ravens’ 😂. Is this a real post?  I mean I understand they have had playoff struggles but they look like the best team in the afc by a mile so far 

We also caught a lot of breaks. The Jets kicker missed two field goals............We got a touchdown off a weak PI on a drive (they got one off a weak roughing the passer penalty against us but still).......Mike Williams should have caught that pass to set them up at the end and slipped and fell........We also luckily had a touchdown taken off the board for the Jets due to a holding penalty. One or two things going differently and we lose. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

We also caught a lot of breaks. The Jets kicker missed two field goals............We got a touchdown off a weak PI on a drive (they got one off a weak roughing the passer penalty against us but still).......Mike Williams should have caught that pass to set them up at the end and slipped and fell........We also luckily had a touchdown taken off the board for the Jets due to a holding penalty. One or two things going differently and we lose. 

He slipped and fell because it was badly underthrown. 

Edited by dave mcbride

Brother, did we not miss fgs/extra points?  
did Aaron Rodgers not Houdini a ball basically through Bernard?  Did they not complete a Hail Mary? Did they not have a fumble overturned that easily could’ve gone the other way?

Mike Williams absolutely should not have caught that lol the throw was awful 

flow of the game they got absolutely dominated in the trenches and saying a team like that will beat the chiefs is WILD.  They will be very fortunate to beat the Steelers 

Just now, ProcessImproverMan said:

A 3 point win when the Jets missed two field goals that relied on us needing to get a crazy INT at the end is barely winning.........

This works better if the other team didn’t miss kicks too 🤣. And even if Williams caught that horrendous throw, the game was far from over.  

its just insane logic.  Is a Hail Mary not a crazy play that they needed to beat us lol 

• Agree 1

Just now, CountDorkula said:

I’m worried about every team they play, frankly because the Bills routinely looks like ass for quarters at a time. 

Same. This is a lesser talented Bills team (compared to last year) that choked games against the terrible Patriots, Broncos, and Jets last year and choked against the Texans who lost key receivers the second half and squeaked by against the losing record Cardinals.....................We should be worried

4 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Same. This is a lesser talented Bills team (compared to last year) that choked games against the terrible Patriots, Broncos, and Jets last year and choked against the Texans who lost key receivers the second half and squeaked by against the losing record Cardinals.....................We should be worried

Haha this is a theme with you I guess.  The bills were missing half their team but they only made it a game because of one Texans wr injury apparently 😂. Completely flawed logic 

if you’re going to make injury excuses for one team, they have to apply to both

if youre going to say a team won because of a crazy play, you have to acknowledge both teams had crazy plays 

you can’t single out a crazy interception on a terrible third and long throw and just gloss over that the team completed a freakin Hail Mary earlier 🤣

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1