Davante Adams Traded to the Jets

Process

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Pretty sure Aikman called Taron one of the best in the league, last year and again last night.

I only listened to the 4th quarter after the yankees game so if he did, credit to him.

Buck and van pelt didn't know how to pronounce his name though.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I like it.  Because I said a few weeks ago that I had a premonition that the Jets will beat KC in the playoffs.  It would be great for us, to have the Jets beat and eliminate KC and i think they are the type of team that would.

Too bad in the trenches on both sides this year.  KC would eviscerate them imo 

• Agree 3

Just now, SoonerBillsFan said:

So Rogers gets Wilson and Adams, Allen gets...

Allen gets a team of players playing for each other who have the same goal.  They play hard, they don't give up and they improve during games.

The jets like the cowboys subscribe to the 53 individuals theory.  

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

He’s under contract until 2027 if they want. 

The cap hits are insane though. $30m+ the next 2 years. 

So they can essentially cut him and he is only a rental UFA with no cap money out.

Are they allowed to create a new deal and toss that $30m x 2 one?  

Why would Adams agree to those terms an basically have the juicy part of his contract not guaranteed at all on the back end?

30 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And they play at Pitt next week so should be 2 - 5. They still have 2 games with Miami and a trip TO Buffalo.  The Jets O line doesn't look like it's going to keep Rogers healthy through the season either.

I'm not throwing out sour grapes when I say that this would have been a good signing by the Bills given their WR situation but it's a bad signing by the Jets given that they have a legit number one and O line issues and are 2 - 4.

The Jets aren't that bad and I think some folks here don't quite realize how good Adams is. He is a huge upgrade.

The odd man out will be Mike Williams, who through no fault of his own was the target on Rodgers's game ending INTs the last two weeks. One was beautifully read by Gilmore, who knew he was going to back-shoulder it, and the other was an awful throw by Rogers that Taron made a great play on. Also, Williams dropped a pass earlier. 

A threesome of Adams, Wilson (both #1s), and Lazard with Williams as fourth is a formidable group of pass catchers. 

Their upcoming schedule is very soft too, and while they could lose any of these games, here's my pick based on talent differentials (as I see them) over the rest of the season.

at Pitt (probable win; Steelers are not very good)

at Patriots (win)

Texans at home (50/50; probably the Jets, though, given that Nico Collins will be out)

at Cardinals (50/50)

Colts at home (win)

Seahawks at home (win)

at Dolphins (win)

at Jaguars (win)

Rams at home (win)

at Bills (probable loss but it's a matchup problem for the Bills, as evidenced from last night)

Dolphins at home (win)

Point is, even with the bad 2-4 start, it's very plausible for them to end up 11-6. Not saying they will, but don't be surprised and also don't be surprised if that Bills/Jets game is for the division.

• Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, May Day 10 said:

So they can essentially cut him and he is only a rental UFA with no cap money out.

Are they allowed to create a new deal and toss that $30m x 2 one?  

Why would Adams agree to those terms an basically have the juicy part of his contract not guaranteed at all on the back end?

Im not a cap aficionado to that extent brother. Sorry. 

I would hedge a bet they could restructure his deal into something more team friendly. Especially if rodgers returns next year. 

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

Allen gets a team of players playing for each other who have the same goal.  They play hard, they don't give up and they improve during games.

The jets like the cowboys subscribe to the 53 individuals theory.  

Participation trophy's for all. I would rather have a bunch of Aholes that win a super bowl.  Maybe thats just me.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Oh yea we all know that haha but in their heads they can make a run with Adams 

Not just in their heads.

They should've won last night. The missed field goals and the incredible Taron INT sealed it.

Other than KC, who has really stepped up to look like an AFC contender? Not us, not the Ravens, certainly not the Dolphins. The perennial "on the cusp" Chargers?

• Eyeroll 1