Davante Adams Traded to the Jets

Process

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

he leads the league in drops and is known as lazy who plays hard when he feels like it.

Getting cooper is a huge gamble.  He may go for 200 one week and then do nothing for a month.

He's still far better than anything on our roster and is a proven player, at a much cheaper cost with less baggage than Adams

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, buffblue said:

He's still far better than anything on our roster and is a proven player, at a much cheaper cost with less baggage than Adams

for sure his talent is off the charts.

He is one of the best route runners in the league.

1 minute ago, Process said:

Money wise Cooper is basically free, and I doubt he goes for more than a 5th. Almost zero risk and hardly a gamble. If he's trouble you just cut him. 

he was traded for a fifth two years ago.  Can't imagine he would be traded for anything higher than a 5th.

We probably couldn't have matched that - a pick that might be a 2nd, and the Jets have to take on the salary.

Oh, well.  On to some of the other guys out there - Cooper, Pickens, Johnson.  Any one of them would help us out a lot.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Aaron doesn't look like he's going to finish the season.  Hopefully the Adams doesn't mind catching passes from Tyrod.

Honestly think the Jets would be better off with Tyrod starting anyway. Hoping Rodgers stays healthy the rest of the way.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, buffblue said:

The drops are a problem.  Asking price should be considerably lower though.

Coopers got a 45.3% catch percentage this season.  9 drops... 9!!! in 6 freaking games?! how is that even possible?  He has dropped 17 percent of his targets this year!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Go get Amari Cooper. I was more interested in acquiring him than Adams anyway. Let that distraction join the clown show in New York

Metcalf, Pickens, Romeo Doubs, Cooper... I got to believe there are options out there for the Bills, one really solid piece at WR and I think everything just will run that much more smoothly. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1