Brown and Dawkins

Ya Digg?

The problem with a penalty like that is it takes the edge of the player. Afraid to be physical and draw another penalty.  Poor PI/multiple PI does the same.  

As well as not calling penalties.  It’s the refs go ahead to keep doing it.

I thought Brown's penalty was more for him giving the extra shove after the D player already down, not on the pancake itself...but with last night's reffing crew, who knows.

Dawkins, on the other hand, is big fat dumb idiot who needs someone to get in his face and tell him to STFU (I mean, i'd do it, if I wasn't 100% certain he'd break me in two). Because he's "big and soft and lovable" much of the time we're supposed to ignore his idiotic tendencies? He's lack of self-control cost the team last night. I'm just glad they were able to overcome it.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

I’m sure this will be an unpopular take, but if the Bills had lost I would’ve put as much blame on Brown and Dawkins as I would have placed on Bass. Both of their unsportsmanlike penalties were absolute drive killers.

Even more concerning is just their lack of composure, especially Brown. Big game, they are amped up, but you have to control yourself. This isn’t the first time Brown has acted like this throughout a game. Love that he plays with an edge, but the stupid penalties are unacceptable 

Brown was so undisciplined he should have been pulled and sat for a bit.  The PF penalty was total BS though.

Edited by Nuncha

1 hour ago, VW82 said:

I legit thought the game was rigged until the 4th quarter when it became clear the officiating was just out of control in every direction. Hard to play a game like that. 

Felt exactly the same

• Like (+1) 2

The Brown call was lame but you could see it was going to happen. He hits guys after the whistle all the time. He is always flying into the pile late to hit guys. Not just this game. He does this all the time. 

No idea if he was warned or not but my guess is the officials threw that flag to avoid further confrontations. 

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don’t think Taron’s was a penalty either.  He wasn’t going after the lineman’s legs, he was getting low bracing a hit from a 300 lbs man.  He ducked and turned his back.

Nope. First all I'm pretty it was the TE and not an OL. Second he dove at the guys legs to take him out. Clear cut penalty 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Hsker4life said:

Spencer’s penalty was 100% BS. I will not blame him at all for THAT flag.

He did have a false start later.

That was the one where Josh called the alert, Brown turned to get the audible (which they're allowed to do) and the over officious jerk of a linesman called him for a FS.  Total BS call.

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

The Brown call was lame but you could see it was going to happen. He hits guys after the whistle all the time. He is always flying into the pile late to hit guys. Not just this game. He does this all the time. 

No idea if he was warned or not but my guess is the officials threw that flag to avoid further confrontations. 

Nope. First all I'm pretty it was the TE and not an OL. Second he dove at the guys legs to take him out. Clear cut penalty 

Hard disagree on both.  The first was just an OL finishing a block, no after the whistle involved.  The replay on TJ shows him coming in waist high, but the Jest player pushes TJ to the ground before he got there.  Bad calls both.

8 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

That was the one where Josh called the alert, Brown turned to get the audible (which they're allowed to do) and the over officious jerk of a linesman called him for a FS.  Total BS call.

Hard disagree on both.  The first was just an OL finishing a block, no after the whistle involved.  The replay on TJ shows him coming in waist high, but the Jest player pushes TJ to the ground before he got there.  Bad calls both.

I respect your opinion but disagree. 

They were judgement calls for sure. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

It’s funny people lose their minds and say we’re too soft as a team, then Dawkins and Brown play with an edge last night, and somehow that’s something to complain about too. 

The penalties were ticky-tack. Would you prefer they tuck their tail between their legs like they did in Baltimore 2 weeks ago? 

“I’m not one to blame referees,” said Bills right tackle Spencer Brown, “but when they start interfering with the game and calls that can go either way, that heats up this side and then comes back and heats up the other side.

“It’s like we’re a bunch of wasps in a jar. We’re kind of calm, doing our own thing, but once you start shaking the jar, we all get pretty pissed off.”

McDermott counted six penalties against Buffalo before the snap or after the whistle. Brown was called for unnecessary roughness on a third-and-6 in the third quarter, offsetting a defensive pass interference call that would have moved the Bills about 30 yards downfield in a tie game. Instead, they punted.

“Those are non-negotiable,” McDermott said. “We don’t tolerate that stuff. We’ve got to do a better job in that category, for sure.”

Bills left tackle Dion Dawkins basked in the victory at his locker stall, donning sunglasses and a green jacket he made sure to tell reporters he wore to taunt the Jets some more. The Rahway, N.J., native has been trash-talking the Jets for months and took a costly penalty for taunting defensive tackle Quinnen Williams between the third and fourth quarters. The unsportsmanlike conduct put the Bills into a third-and-21 situation from their own 11-yard line and led to a punt.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5844224/2024/10/15/bills-jets-win-mistakes/

55 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Neither one were penalties. Your problem is with the refs. 

Actually, they were penalties because the arbiters of such matters decided to declare those activities infractions.  And, Brown was chirping all game.  Dawkins apparently did something dumb to get his.  So, no, my problem, to the extent there is one, is not with the refs.  Under the circumstances, it was wise to get them off the field in that scenario.  

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Actually, they were penalties because the arbiters of such matters decided to declare those activities infractions.  And, Brown was chirping all game.  Dawkins apparently did something dumb to get his.  So, no, my problem, to the extent there is one, is not with the refs.  Under the circumstances, it was wise to get them off the field in that scenario.  

Do you have two accounts? 

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

It was a big offensive lineman.  

How does someone dive back first?  His back is what made contact with the offensive lineman.

51 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

It’s funny people lose their minds and say we’re too soft as a team, then Dawkins and Brown play with an edge last night, and somehow that’s something to complain about too. 

The penalties were ticky-tack. Would you prefer they tuck their tail between their legs like they did in Baltimore 2 weeks ago? 

Yep lol.

The other thing I find funny is when we win but it was ugly, criticism.

When teams like the Chiefs win ugly, they found a way to win lol.

3 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

I’m sure this will be an unpopular take, but if the Bills had lost I would’ve put as much blame on Brown and Dawkins as I would have placed on Bass. Both of their unsportsmanlike penalties were absolute drive killers.

Even more concerning is just their lack of composure, especially Brown. Big game, they are amped up, but you have to control yourself. This isn’t the first time Brown has acted like this throughout a game. Love that he plays with an edge, but the stupid penalties are unacceptable 

I agree about the stupid penalties. The ONE penalty when Brown fell on top of his man was egregious 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yep lol.

The other thing I find funny is when we win but it was ugly, criticism.

When teams like the Chiefs win ugly, they found a way to win lol

Everything is glorified when another team does it.