Brown and Dawkins

Ya Digg?

3 hours ago, balln said:

Bro. Spencer brown did not commit a penalty finishing his block

dont know if folks watch college game day. But Nick Saban- said it. “Refs seem to call phantom holding if the D man goes to the ground “

he had some false start and line up calls. Fine

that Dawkins penalty. You just don’t see. Ever. What a complete nfl / Vegas conspiracy call

The refs clearly had their orders last night to keep the Jets in that game as long as possible. It's a shame the NFL feels the need to choreograph games like this. 

2 hours ago, DD4Bills said:

I thought Brown's penalty was more for him giving the extra shove after the D player already down, not on the pancake itself...but with last night's reffing crew, who knows.

Dawkins, on the other hand, is big fat dumb idiot who needs someone to get in his face and tell him to STFU (I mean, i'd do it, if I wasn't 100% certain he'd break me in two). Because he's "big and soft and lovable" much of the time we're supposed to ignore his idiotic tendencies? He's lack of self-control cost the team last night. I'm just glad they were able to overcome it.

I love Dion but this bulletin board routine is getting old. Belichick wouldn't tolerate it.

2 hours ago, stlbills13 said:

Who knows what Dawkins did but I didn't see much complaining. Brown's penalty was a ridiculous call in a game of ridiculous calls. I will say that just in general Brown needs to stop committing penalties though. 

I didn't see anything from Dawkins but it looked like while he was yakking with Williams one of their DB's snuck a quick jab to Dawkins' jaw over Williams shoulder. NFL doing NFL things. Any sport this closely intertwined with gambling outfits is not going to get the benefit of the doubt from me when goofy inexplicable ***** happens.

Brown did literally nothing…refs straight up blew that one.  I think they thought he dove on the dlinemen way late but it wasn’t at all what happened 

Dawkins at least admitted to taking a jets trainers water bottle that was shoved in his face lol. Not sure if that should be flagged or not but something happened 

What Brown did IE Diving on top of a player after he’s on the ground (should be) called more often, but it’s not. 

only seems to get called randomly, so it’s inconsistent at best. But to me it is unnecessary, and also you are taking yourself completely out of the play so why do it?

also on the Dawkins penalty, nobody knows what was done or said in the melee. So it’s pure speculation at best. 

all that said. That was one of the worst officiated games I’ve ever seen. 

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The refs clearly had their orders last night to keep the Jets in that game as long as possible. It's a shame the NFL feels the need to choreograph games like this. 

This is why we can't have reasonable conversations and debates on here. 

There is no NFL conspiracy. The refs have no fix in place.  If the NFL wanted the Jets to win, why didn't they? Why did they call holding on the Jets TD run? 

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I love Dion but this bulletin board routine is getting old. Belichick wouldn't tolerate it.

He also wouldn't put us in the position to win with his shoddy drafting record... he would never come here with Beane in charge of personnel.

So let me add on a little more to my OP.  While it seems like neither did much, there was A LOT of pushing and shoving, clearly both were agitated throughout the game.  They allowed the Jets to get into their heads.  So while nobody "saw" was Dawkins did, it's very possible he had been warned that he was close to a flag, said something, and it put the refs over the edge.  Same with Brown.  The whole point of my statement was that they can't allow the other team to get in their heads - in this case it cost the Bills 30 yards, could cost more in the future.  They have several other high level, high intensity games this year, are they going to be foolish and get more penalties?

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

I thought the same thing Brown got called for a perfectly finished pancake block. As for Dawkins he didn’t do anything except talk *****. Funny how he got pushed and no offsetting like usually happens on those calls. Also how is it the penalty for cussing at the ref was not enforced. This officiating crew was horrible for both sides 

Teaching moment for McDermott if you are down to a few seconds PLAY ***** DEFENSE!!!!! Stop the 2 rush madness. Rodgers was well they only rushed 2 so we had all the time in the world to set it up.

I think there's a bit of a delay between the defender going down and the pancake.  Looked more like a WWE elbow drop to me.  Also, the penalty was enforced on the kickoff. It didn't give Buff a first and goal because it was after the play.  It's like when an unsportsmanlike penalty is called on the offense after the play where they've picked up a 1st down.  They get moved back 15 yards, but it's still 1st and 10 because the 1st down already was completed.

5 hours ago, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

Teaching moment for McDermott if you are down to a few seconds PLAY ***** DEFENSE!!!!! Stop the 2 rush madness. Rodgers was well they only rushed 2 so we had all the time in the world to set it up.

Caught that in A A Ron's presser.  He was practically laughing at the defensive genius that is Clappy McDummy. 

• Dislike 1

6 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

I’m sure this will be an unpopular take, but if the Bills had lost I would’ve put as much blame on Brown and Dawkins as I would have placed on Bass. Both of their unsportsmanlike penalties were absolute drive killers.

Even more concerning is just their lack of composure, especially Brown. Big game, they are amped up, but you have to control yourself. This isn’t the first time Brown has acted like this throughout a game. Love that he plays with an edge, but the stupid penalties are unacceptable 

agree

5 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If he hasnt learned it by now, with the multitude of examples he's failed in, then he's never going to. The dude just doesnt know how to coach situational football. He has no feel for the game or understanding of what is going on.

after the 13 second debacle... I am not sure how you fix stupid here. Doing this again in this game on the heels of the 30 second debacle where we didnt run clock and let them down the field to score a game winning field goal... would be like Joe Brady calling that split 17 wide direct snap to Samuel, roll Josh to his LEFT in to pursuit and throw deep to one of our slowest receivers against one of the best pursuit teams in football WHEN we are taking momentum back...  a 2nd time. 

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don’t think Taron’s was a penalty either.  He wasn’t going after the lineman’s legs, he was getting low bracing a hit from a 300 lbs man.  He ducked and turned his back.

He's trying to get under a block and just get a piece of the ballcarrier down low.

Of all the nonsense calls we saw, that may have been the worst of them.

I don't know that I've ever seen a crew so eager and trying so hard to throw flags at anything they could possibly deem a violation. Even completely imaginary stuff like Taron's.

It was like they thought they were earning massive bonuses for every action they took.

Just the complete opposite of how a game should be called. If every game was called like that, I would literally never watch another minute of NFL football again.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

He's trying to get under a block and just get a piece of the ballcarrier down low.

Of all the nonsense calls we saw, that may have been the worst of them.

I don't know that I've ever seen a crew so eager and trying so hard to throw flags at anything they could possibly deem a violation. Even completely imaginary stuff like Taron's.

It was like they thought they were earning massive bonuses for every action they took.

Just the complete opposite of how a game should be called. If every game was called like that, I would literally never watch another minute of NFL football again.

They thought they were the game. 

• Agree 1