Brown and Dawkins

Ya Digg?

I’m sure this will be an unpopular take, but if the Bills had lost I would’ve put as much blame on Brown and Dawkins as I would have placed on Bass. Both of their unsportsmanlike penalties were absolute drive killers.

Even more concerning is just their lack of composure, especially Brown. Big game, they are amped up, but you have to control yourself. This isn’t the first time Brown has acted like this throughout a game. Love that he plays with an edge, but the stupid penalties are unacceptable 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 10
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

Bro. Spencer brown did not commit a penalty finishing his block

dont know if folks watch college game day. But Nick Saban- said it. “Refs seem to call phantom holding if the D man goes to the ground “

he had some false start and line up calls. Fine

that Dawkins penalty. You just don’t see. Ever. What a complete nfl / Vegas conspiracy call

• Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 16
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I thought Spencer Brown's penalty was pretty tame. I guess it was for that final little shove, but it wasn't even that hard. Everything before that was during the play and normal football. Olineman are allowed to pancake defenders like that.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

There were a lot of garbage calls.  The Brown call we know was trash.  We don't know what Dawkins said, so I'll reserve judgment there.  The PI on Hollins where Manute Bol would watched the ball fly over his head was also bad.  Too much involvement by stripes on both sides. 

• Agree 4

I legit thought the game was rigged until the 4th quarter when it became clear the officiating was just out of control in every direction. Hard to play a game like that. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6

Dawkins was acting like an idiot again. He said in his postgame interview that he swatted the Jets water bottle guy's hand away. Just a stupid penalty to take that could have proved costly. You'd think he'd be a bit humble a week after bullrushed at the end of the Texans game and costing the team a potential win, but no.

• Agree 1

In both cases, Brown got the IF because the Bills had 5 or 6 in the backfield.  Anderson kept lining up 1 yard deep when he was eligible, but the WRs didn't get the memo because they needed to be on the LOS.  Not sure why the IF gets called on the uncovered tackle, but those calls had nothing to do with Spencer Brown.

16 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I’m sure this will be an unpopular take, but if the Bills had lost I would’ve put as much blame on Brown and Dawkins as I would have placed on Bass. Both of their unsportsmanlike penalties were absolute drive killers.

Even more concerning is just their lack of composure, especially Brown. Big game, they are amped up, but you have to control yourself. This isn’t the first time Brown has acted like this throughout a game. Love that he plays with an edge, but the stupid penalties are unacceptable 

Spencer’s penalty was 100% BS. I will not blame him at all for THAT flag.

He did have a false start later.

• Like (+1) 3

Pretty sure that both guys were actually taken off the field in the last minute when the Bills were kneeling.

I doubt that is customary and I bet McDermott was taking advantage of a teaching moment to get a message across.

• Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

Pretty sure that both guys were actually taken off the field in the last minute when the Bills were kneeling.

I doubt that is customary and I bet McDermott was taking advantage of a teaching moment to get a message across.

Does that mean next time it's a Hail Mary situation, someone else gets to coach?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

21 minutes ago, balln said:

dont know if folks watch college game day. But Nick Saban- said it. “Refs seem to call phantom holding if the D man goes to the ground “

that Dawkins penalty. You just don’t see. Ever. What a complete nfl / Vegas conspiracy call

I thought the same thing Brown got called for a perfectly finished pancake block. As for Dawkins he didn’t do anything except talk *****. Funny how he got pushed and no offsetting like usually happens on those calls. Also how is it the penalty for cussing at the ref was not enforced. This officiating crew was horrible for both sides 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Does that mean next time it's a Hail Mary situation, someone else gets to coach?

Teaching moment for McDermott if you are down to a few seconds PLAY ***** DEFENSE!!!!! Stop the 2 rush madness. Rodgers was well they only rushed 2 so we had all the time in the world to set it up.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

And also trying to make sure the hotheads didn’t get baited into a penalty that would have stopped the clock. 

• Agree 5

30 minutes ago, balln said:

At least the refs had it in for both teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

I thought the same thing Brown got called for a perfectly finished pancake block. As for Dawkins he didn’t do anything except talk *****. Funny how he got pushed and no offsetting like usually happens on those calls. Also how is it the penalty for cussing at the ref was not enforced. This officiating crew was horrible for both sides 

Teaching moment for McDermott if you are down to a few seconds PLAY ***** DEFENSE!!!!! Stop the 2 rush madness. Rodgers was well they only rushed 2 so we had all the time in the world to set it up.

13 second game didn't teach him?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

And also trying to make sure the hotheads didn’t get baited into a penalty that would have stopped the clock. 

Yeah, that was certainly part of it too. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Neither one were penalties. Your problem is with the refs. 

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

If he hasnt learned it by now, with the multitude of examples he's failed in, then he's never going to. The dude just doesnt know how to coach situational football. He has no feel for the game or understanding of what is going on.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1