Week 7 - Titans at Bills Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

3 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I mean I can’t speak for everybody disagreeing obviously haha but you got the disagreement from me for trying to extrapolate a coach’s tone in answering a question in a press conference into ‘the bills won’t know how to use cooper’ i  thought that was a huge stretch.  

if you just said he didn’t sound actively excited in the press conference I wouldn’t have disagreed at all 

I think ulbrich is a bit of a dummy for confirming Adams is playing tbh I’m not really sure what that proves.  Feels like a bit of a rookie mistake 

We'll see what he can do and how we can fit him in is the gist of what McD actually said though. That + past experience with them not figuring out how to use guys.  Example Hines. Example Samuel. Example MVS.  I know none of these are elite players but they are all players that have produced elsewhere but havent been able to do a damn thing here. Two of them with a better QB. We cant even use our own TEs. Knox has been here for years and is on his second contract. Kincaid is on his second year.

Coaches work new players into offenses all the time.  Its not hard for a coach to make a package of plays for a new player and get him involved. Is he going to be an every down player that knows are stuff week 1? Of course not, but he could easily be taught a little verbage and a handful of plays to get him on field same week. This guy is a 10 year vet. There isnt a playbook he hasnt seen.

2 hours ago, FLFan said:

This is a really silly argument.  Sorry, but it just is.  Feel free to be a Jets fan and haunt their board if you are so impressed with their decisiveness.  

If it is then tell me McD sounded excited to have him. You can't because he didn't.  Tell me what McD actually said because i paraphrased what he said. So now how is my argument silly or wrong?

I been a Bills fan for over 40 years and havent missed a game.  You go be a Jets fan.

Edited by Scott7975

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

If it is then tell me McD sounded excited to have him. You can't because he didn't. 

McDermott is just pissed that now he has to change all the “Everybody Eats” signage around the building and the printer is locked up in Beane’s office. 

• Haha (+1) 4

On 10/15/2024 at 6:18 AM, The Helmet of said:

Tennessee defense is hard to figure. They are number one in total yards allowed and number one in pass yards allowed. Top ten in rushing yards allowed. Based on this, it seems reasonable that Buffalo’s RBs are going to be key. Of course, they can have success against almost anyone. Buffalo has a damn stable! 

I don’t think the Titan D strikes fear in the hearts of their opponents despite their strong statistical rankings. Maybe I’m wrong.

Early in the season, I think ya gotta look at who the Titans have played a bit.

Bears, Caleb Williams passed for 93 yds

Jets, Rodgers flaking the rust off

Dolphins starring Tyler Huntley

Colts, starring Joe Flacco

Packers, without Jordan Love, still put up 30

Statistics are fine, I love me some stats, but context matters.

While we're stat'ing, before the season if anyone told you the Bills were 23rd in passing yards, what would you have thought about our W-L record?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

9 hours ago, Motorin' said:

This is just my perception, but I got the impression that this trade wasn't his idea. Or his call. And he came off as being hurt. Not that he said anything to indicate that he was overruled. But I have a hunch that this was Beane's call. 

Maybe Sean's emotional demeanor during his pressor had nothing to do with the acquisition. But I'd love to have been a fly on the wall to have heard how that process went down...

Also, with Brady calling plays and packages, I'm guessing Sean also doesn't have control over how quickly and how often Cooper gets his number called. And if the OC wants him on the field, does he really have any business shutting that down?

1000% speculation on my part. 

I don’t believe this is the case at all.

I believe McDermott is setting expectations, knowing that it’s difficult for a WR who doesn’t know the language or scheme to immediately be able to walk in to make a consistent difference.

I would suspect that he’s happy to potentially have a WR who can win man to man matchups and that he could give this team a boost heading into the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

Cornerback Brownlee Jr, who has been playing for injured chido awuzie is number 7 in pff's rookies this year so far

7. CB Jarvis Brownlee Jr., Tennessee Titans

PFF Grade: 79.7

A fifth-round draft pick out of Louisville, Brownlee has started each of the past two games for the Titans and has thrived in doing so. Targeted 12 times in coverage over the past two weeks, he has allowed just six receptions for a total of 21 yards. He has also recorded five tackles that have resulted in defensive stops.

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kaenon said:

Even with Amari Cooper, Bills have 0 pass catchers in the top-50 in terms of receiving yards.

But, they do have 3 rushers in the top-50 in terms of rushing yards.

Hard to do much with Trash Watson throwing you the ball

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Magox said:

I don’t believe this is the case at all.

I believe McDermott is setting expectations, knowing that it’s difficult for a WR who doesn’t know the language or scheme to immediately be able to walk in to make a consistent difference.

I would suspect that he’s happy to potentially have a WR who can win man to man matchups and that he could give this team a boost heading into the playoffs.

I hope so! I don't believe everything I think. Those were just a few thoughts I had while watching his presser. 

Edited by Motorin'

12 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

We'll see what he can do and how we can fit him in is the gist of what McD actually said though. That + past experience with them not figuring out how to use guys.  Example Hines. Example Samuel. Example MVS.  I know none of these are elite players but they are all players that have produced elsewhere but havent been able to do a damn thing here. Two of them with a better QB. We cant even use our own TEs. Knox has been here for years and is on his second contract. Kincaid is on his second year.

Coaches work new players into offenses all the time.  Its not hard for a coach to make a package of plays for a new player and get him involved. Is he going to be an every down player that knows are stuff week 1? Of course not, but he could easily be taught a little verbage and a handful of plays to get him on field same week. This guy is a 10 year vet. There isnt a playbook he hasnt seen.

If it is then tell me McD sounded excited to have him. You can't because he didn't.  Tell me what McD actually said because i paraphrased what he said. So now how is my argument silly or wrong?

I been a Bills fan for over 40 years and havent missed a game.  You go be a Jets fan.

Hines was a completely different situation.  It was mostly a player for player trade of a guy (Zach moss) that really wasn’t doing much for us and we acquired a gadget-y player with a high ceiling for little to no risk. 

trying to compare ‘how to use’ Samuel and 

MVS to Amari Cooper is wild and I feel like you know that 🤣 don’t think I have to get into that one too much 

how do you know it’s not gonna be ‘teach him

a handful of plays to get him on the field the same week’ from what mcd said in the press conference is what I don’t understand from your posts.  You say you just paraphrased but its pretty much just your personal bias that’s getting you there.  

the mcd press conference criticism stuff has been very weird, you have to think of it as everything he is telling you in the press conference he is also telling his upcoming opponents. He’s not gonna share the inner workings of the teams plans in a public forum like that.  In fact if I had to guess, I think cooper probably is playing and beane spilled the beans by mistake on that podcast because he couldn’t help himself lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Mike Williams is similar to Cooper in that he would cost < $1m in cap to acquire. Jets probably wouldn’t trade him to us, but I’d kick the tires.

Williams did not practice for them "due to personal reasons" after the Rodgers throwing him under the bus and the Adams trade.. they're probably looking at 7th and that could take a minute because teams looking for a top 4 WR are going to look at other options. This is all to say that I think there's a chance he just gets released if that situation becomes any more awkward.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Just an observation...but has McD ever sounded excited?

• Like (+1) 1