Week 7 - Titans at Bills Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I mean maybe after seeing what they did Nyheim Hines his expectations are tempered.  Didn't seem to have an issue integrating Rasul tho...

I mean, he is the head coach. Its partly his fault if they can't get someone worked into the game that they went out and traded for.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This is so ridiculous lol I’m sorry.  You don’t spend a third on a midseason rental unless you think they catapult you to contender status and they will be heavily involved down the stretch.  Some twisting of words in a press conference will never disprove that fact.

the Hines trade was essentially player for player and Zach moss wasn’t really adding any value so it was more of a ‘it’s low risk but if it works the ceiling is high’ type move that didn’t work out and not at all comparable to this situation. You can’t misuse Amari cooper lol it’s pretty much impossible.  If anything, I think the bills offense was TOO reliant on their wr1 (when we had one) to a fault which is what caused the midseason shake up last year. 

all that talk about Adam Henry to me means we did our due diligence deciding cooper can get acclimated quickly enough for the deal to be worth it so I feel like this press conference said the exact opposite of what the mcd hate train is trying to make it sound like 🤣

Ok yeah, when I watched the video McD sounds really excited about having him and plans to work him in right away. No, thats not what the interview sounded like at all.  I don't care what they actually do. What was asked was what was actually said.  What McD basically said in a really drab way was that we'll see if what he can do and how we can work him in.  So all you guys giving me checkmarks and thumbs down. You are wrong.

Meanwhile in Jets land...

I appreciate that McD is generally drab and always about the 1/11.  I wasn't asked for me to make up something about an interview. I was asked for cliff notes. No one can tell me after watching that interview that McD sounded excited about getting Cooper. They can't even tell me that he will play this week. So what I said was not wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Ok yeah, when I watched the video McD sounds really excited about having him and plans to work him in right away. No, thats not what the interview sounded like at all.  I don't care what they actually do. What was asked was what was actually said.  What McD basically said in a really drab way was that we'll see if what he can do and how we can work him in.  So all you guys giving me checkmarks and thumbs down. You are wrong.

I appreciate that McD is generally drab and always about the 1/11.  I wasn't asked for me to make up something about an interview. I was asked for cliff notes. No one can tell me after watching that interview that McD sounded excited about getting Cooper. They can't even tell me that he will play this week. So what I said was not wrong.

This is just my perception, but I got the impression that this trade wasn't his idea. Or his call. And he came off as being hurt. Not that he said anything to indicate that he was overruled. But I have a hunch that this was Beane's call. 

Maybe Sean's emotional demeanor during his pressor had nothing to do with the acquisition. But I'd love to have been a fly on the wall to have heard how that process went down...

Also, with Brady calling plays and packages, I'm guessing Sean also doesn't have control over how quickly and how often Cooper gets his number called. And if the OC wants him on the field, does he really have any business shutting that down?

1000% speculation on my part. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

This is just my perception, but I got the impression that this trade wasn't his idea. Or his call. And he came off as being hurt. Not that he said anything to indicate that he was overruled. But I have a hunch that this was Beane's call. 

Maybe Sean's emotional demeanor during his pressor had nothing to do with the acquisition. But I'd love to have been a fly on the wall to have heard how that process went down...

Also, with Brady calling plays and packages, I'm guessing Sean also doesn't have control over how quickly and how often Cooper gets his number called. And if the OC wants him on the field, does he really have any business shutting that down?

1000% speculation on my part. 

Clearly, because everyone here loves to ignore the fact that McDermott has full control of the 53-man roster. Brandon Beane isn’t making a move like this without McDermott directing him to. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I mean I can’t speak for everybody disagreeing obviously haha but you got the disagreement from me for trying to extrapolate a coach’s tone in answering a question in a press conference into ‘the bills won’t know how to use cooper’ i  thought that was a huge stretch.  

if you just said he didn’t sound actively excited in the press conference I wouldn’t have disagreed at all 

I think ulbrich is a bit of a dummy for confirming Adams is playing tbh I’m not really sure what that proves.  Feels like a bit of a rookie mistake 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

27 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Clearly, because everyone here loves to ignore the fact that McDermott has full control of the 53-man roster. Brandon Beane isn’t making a move like this without McDermott directing him to. 

We've had this whole McBeane thing for awhile. Like they are tied at the hip and the same mind.

The truth is, Beane is Sean's boss. It's Beane's job to get the best talent for the team. Sean has final say on who makes the 53 based on the talent provided by Beane. 

I'm not saying Sean was against the pickup. But I think getting a better wr becaise it is a weakness is Beane's job. Whether Sean thinks so or not. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

On 10/15/2024 at 6:03 PM, HOUSE said:

This is a trap game

Bike Trap GIF by Luis Ricardo

Hey, can you lone me ten bucks, I need to get my bike fixed…, 

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

We've had this whole McBeane thing for awhile. Like they are tied at the hip and the same mind.

The truth is, Beane is Sean's boss. It's Beane's job to get the best talent for the team. Sean has final say on who makes the 53 based on the talent provided by Beane. 

I'm not saying Sean was against the pickup. But I think getting a better wr becaise it is a weakness is Beane's job. Whether Sean thinks so or not. 

After that initial interview, the Bills went through the same process with Anthony Lynn, Harold Goodwin and Kris Richard. But McDermott was a cut above. The Pegulas brought him back for a second interview, which was a formality. McDermott, Whaley, the Pegulas and Bob LaMonte, McDermott’s agent, went into a room. When they left, McDermott had agreed to a deal that included control of the 53-man roster. LaMonte had negotiated the same power for Reid in Philadelphia.

If you’re admitting he has control of the 53, it’s been reported he has control of the 53, and Amari Cooper was just traded for and immediately added to the 53-man roster. How did Sean McDermott not sign off on it? Because if McDermott didn't sign off on the Amari Cooper trade, then it's quite clear that Amari Cooper would not be in Buffalo.

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

After that initial interview, the Bills went through the same process with Anthony Lynn, Harold Goodwin and Kris Richard. But McDermott was a cut above. The Pegulas brought him back for a second interview, which was a formality. McDermott, Whaley, the Pegulas and Bob LaMonte, McDermott’s agent, went into a room. When they left, McDermott had agreed to a deal that included control of the 53-man roster. LaMonte had negotiated the same power for Reid in Philadelphia.

If you’re admitting he has control of the 53, it’s been reported he has control of the 53, and Amari Cooper was just traded for and immediately added to the 53-man roster. How did Sean McDermott not sign off on it? Because if McDermott didn't sign off on the Amari Cooper trade, then it's quite clear that Amari Cooper would not be in Buffalo.

I am sure Mcdermott had to agree with it.

But hypothetically speaking- If Beane wanted Cooper and Mcdermott didn't, do you honestly think Mcdermott could say "no" if Beane presented the idea to him, especially since there is a glaring need at WR? Like how could he even justify saying no to that?

Again, I am not saying Mcdermott didn't want him- But whether he wanted him or not, I don't think he could have looked like a sane man and said "no" to the trade

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I am sure Mcdermott had to agree with it.

But hypothetically speaking- If Beane wanted Cooper and Mcdermott didn't, do you honestly think Mcdermott could say "no" if Beane presented the idea to him, especially since there is a glaring need at WR? Like how could he even justify saying no to that?

Again, I am not saying Mcdermott didn't want him- But whether he wanted him or not, I don't think he could have looked like a sane man and said "no" to the trade

Exactly, I'm not saying Sean didn't sign off on it. Just that I believe it was Beane's idea to push for it, not Sean pushing for it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

This is a really silly argument.  Sorry, but it just is.  Feel free to be a Jets fan and haunt their board if you are so impressed with their decisiveness.  

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2