Week 7 - Titans at Bills Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

3 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I think Cooper will be active, although if he isn’t in favor of Shavers for Sunday, we still should win no problem.  MVS was essentially doing nothing anyway, so replacing MVS with Shavers in the lineup probably has no impact on an outcome versus the Titans.

There should be NO REASON that Cooper isn't active Sunday... barring injury. Home game. Let Cooper endear himself to the Bills Mafia. Soak up the energy in the stadium. Instant red zone threat.

1 minute ago, Saxum said:

Close your eyes.

Had my eyes closed when I heard Lazard caught the Hail Mary and immediately knew that Cam Lewis was on the field during the play 😂😂

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Not based on their answers at the press conference so no idea what you're basing this on..

Based on the seemingly deleted tweet that Process posted in the previous page of this thread.

#Bills GM Brandon Beane tells The Pat McAfee show that Amari Cooper is a guy Beane has always admired from afar…he looks at adding Cooper as another piece for Josh Allen and OC Joe Brady to throw into the mix…adds that he will be involved in the game on Sunday

— Maddy Glab (@MadGlab) October 16, 2024

2 minutes ago, bills742 said:

Based on the seemingly deleted tweet that Process posted in the previous page of this thread.

#Bills GM Brandon Beane tells The Pat McAfee show that Amari Cooper is a guy Beane has always admired from afar…he looks at adding Cooper as another piece for Josh Allen and OC Joe Brady to throw into the mix…adds that he will be involved in the game on Sunday

I went and watched the McAfee clip. He said "we'll get him in the game this week", but it sounded like a conversational item, not a promise. At the press conference just now, he didn't say that and spent a lot of time talking about how hard WR is to get up to speed and it's someone who hopes can help them in the 2nd half of the year.

• Like (+1) 1

I’d be stunned if Cooper plays Sunday. This coach won’t dress Edwards, never plays Bishop, wouldn’t dress Elam last year. Just does dumb things literally constantly. I’m sure he will act like Hollins gives us a better chance. Just constant inexcusable bone head personnel and gameday decisions. 

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, bills742 said:

All this means is that McD controls he game day roster and he is not going to declare who is in and who is out before he has to, particularly before he has even seen the player practice yet.  I think Cook’s agent learned this the hard way on Monday night.  I am not sure why anyone has an issue with this.  Not everything is some sort of controversy or conspiracy.  

• Like (+1) 5

42 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Had my eyes closed when I heard Lazard caught the Hail Mary and immediately knew that Cam Lewis was on the field during the play 😂😂

Lewis was on field but between hashes on the goal line guarding Conklin, so nowhere near the play.  Bills should have rushed 4 and had some tall guys on goal line waiting.  Maybe Hollins and Coleman could work as anti Hail Mary defenders.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Malazan said:

I went and watched the McAfee clip. He said "we'll get him in the game this week", but it sounded like a conversational item, not a promise. At the press conference just now, he didn't say that and spent a lot of time talking about how hard WR is to get up to speed and it's someone who hopes can help them in the 2nd half of the year.

I've got to think a lot of that is smokescreen..maybe even just to tamp down initial expectations. I think if this is a rookie or a first year player, that may be the case, but Cooper has been around a while. The biggest problem may be terminology and the Josh Allen scramble drill to learn, but he does have  WR coach that should be a good interpreter.

11 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

I've got to think a lot of that is smokescreen..maybe even just to tamp down initial expectations. I think if this is a rookie or a first year player, that may be the case, but Cooper has been around a while. The biggest problem may be terminology and the Josh Allen scramble drill to learn, but he does have  WR coach that should be a good interpreter.

I just don't think the Bills are as desperate to get him on the field for the Titans as the fans are..

6 minutes ago, Malazan said:

I just don't think the Bills are as desperate to get him on the field for the Titans as the fans are..

there is absolutely ZERO reason to keep him off the field

He played under our WR coach and Dorsey's terms in CLE were likely similar to an extent

Roll with routes and plays he's great at and get him the ball 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Malazan said:

With or without Cooper the Bills should be able to handle the Titans at home. I just hope they don't suffer a letdown coming off a big road win against a divisional rival. I don't think the Bills will lose, but I could see it being one score game in the 2nd half with the Bills winning a close one if they do play down to the level of the opponent. 

49 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’d be stunned if Cooper plays Sunday. This coach won’t dress Edwards, never plays Bishop, wouldn’t dress Elam last year. Just does dumb things literally constantly. I’m sure he will act like Hollins gives us a better chance. Just constant inexcusable bone head personnel and gameday decisions. 

I wouldn't...his WR coach was with him for 2 years in Dallas so he can simplify things and basically let him know how things relate to what he already knows and the terminology, etc. Ie, "This concept is called this here".

Cooper should be able to learn enough to be involved in certain packages, especially down in the redzone.

53 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Then you'll be stunned

• Haha (+1) 1