Week 7 - Titans at Bills Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

19 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I agree. Could u imagine the crowd if he is inactive and they elevate Shavers instead???

I think Cooper will be active, although if he isn’t in favor of Shavers for Sunday, we still should win no problem.  MVS was essentially doing nothing anyway, so replacing MVS with Shavers in the lineup probably has no impact on an outcome versus the Titans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

My cliff notes would be that he doesnt sound interested in us getting Cooper and it sounds like the same thing as the last few years in that they wont even know how to use the player or work him into the offense.

This is so ridiculous lol I’m sorry.  You don’t spend a third on a midseason rental unless you think they catapult you to contender status and they will be heavily involved down the stretch.  Some twisting of words in a press conference will never disprove that fact.

the Hines trade was essentially player for player and Zach moss wasn’t really adding any value so it was more of a ‘it’s low risk but if it works the ceiling is high’ type move that didn’t work out and not at all comparable to this situation. You can’t misuse Amari cooper lol it’s pretty much impossible.  If anything, I think the bills offense was TOO reliant on their wr1 (when we had one) to a fault which is what caused the midseason shake up last year. 

all that talk about Adam Henry to me means we did our due diligence deciding cooper can get acclimated quickly enough for the deal to be worth it so I feel like this press conference said the exact opposite of what the mcd hate train is trying to make it sound like 🤣

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This is so ridiculous lol I’m sorry.  You don’t spend a third on a midseason rental unless you think they catapult you to contender status and they will be heavily involved down the stretch.  Some twisting of words in a press conference will never disprove that fact.

the Hines trade was essentially player for player and Zach moss wasn’t really adding any value so it was more of a ‘it’s low risk but if it works the ceiling is high’ type move that didn’t work out and not at all comparable to this situation. You can’t misuse Amari cooper lol it’s pretty much impossible.  If anything, I think the bills offense was TOO reliant on their wr1 (when we had one) to a fault which is what caused the midseason shake up last year. 

all that talk about Adam Henry to me means we did our due diligence deciding cooper can get acclimated quickly enough for the deal to be worth it so I feel like this press conference said the exact opposite of what the mcd hate train is trying to make it sound like 🤣

Anyone that has ever been on a team knows that McDermott is not going to openly celebrate.  It sends the wrong message to the existing WR group.  You don't think they know that Cooper is coming because they aren't enough??  I am pretty sure that is not a well-kept secret.  He is doing his best to deflect the attention from Cooper and not slam the current group of WRs.  You can criticize McD for many other things related to late-game strategy and player usage, but this Press Conference is not one of them.  If Cooper is here after 6 weeks and not being utilized, that is a different story, but I highly doubt that will be the case.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The trade speaks volumes about how our potential is viewed THIS YEAR.  Shakir dinged up and our pre-Cooper stable of WRs left obvious room for improvement but it's not like we had to swing a big trade.  So we go out and get a guy of similar caliber to Diggs minus the drama.  Von coming back in 3 weeks, Milano possibly late in the season.  Cooper should be fully acclimated by the time we hit the really tough games like KC and SF.  PLUS we get the bonus of a Cooper test drive for the rest of this year.

Edited by TheWei44
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Interesting to note how effective the Titans have been against the pass this year. They're giving up only 137 yards per game through the air. However, that has come against:

Caleb Williams in his 1st game

Rodgers and the Jets

Malik Willis

Tyler Huntley

Joe Flacco

They’re top 10 D. 9th DVOA D

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I think Cooper will be active, although if he isn’t in favor of Shavers for Sunday, we still should win no problem.  MVS was essentially doing nothing anyway, so replacing MVS with Shavers in the lineup probably has no impact on an outcome versus the Titans.

I agree.

I'm pretty sure they can get him to learn 20-25 plays without any issue

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, mbowman14 said:

Anyone that has ever been on a team knows that McDermott is not going to openly celebrate.  It sends the wrong message to the existing WR group.  You don't think they know that Cooper is coming because they aren't enough??  I am pretty sure that is not a well-kept secret.  He is doing his best to deflect the attention from Cooper and not slam the current group of WRs.  You can criticize McD for many other things related to late-game strategy and player usage, but this Press Conference is not one of them.  If Cooper is here after 6 weeks and not being utilized, that is a different story, but I highly doubt that will be the case.

Exactly.  Those twisting up McD words would twist them up regardless of what McD said 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Why? He’s healthy and has the full week to prepare for the game? 

14 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

He’s a healthy veteran with what, 9 years experience in the league?  I’d be surprised if he’s not active.

Plus the Bills wr coach was Coopers in Dallas. That has to help his prep

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Oh yea they’re top 10 and definitely good but if you looked at just the season yardage stats without factoring in opponents  you’d think they were a heck of a lot closer to 1 than 10 

Why im a big dvoa guy- it takes opponents into account 

Edited by balln
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheWei44 said:

The trade speaks volumes about how our potential is viewed THIS YEAR.  Shakir dinged up and our pre-Cooper stable of WRs left obvious room for improvement but it's not like we had to swing a big trade.  So we go out and get a guy of similar caliber to Diggs minus the drama.  Von coming back in 3 weeks, Milano possibly late in the season.  Cooper should be fully acclimated by the time we hit the really tough games like KC and SF.  PLUS we get the bonus of a Cooper test drive for the rest of this year.

Agreed, and I dont think this is a all in for the Super Bowl move but more of a now they are gonna have to pry the division title out of our cold dead hands...  Miami and the Jets are down... almost but not out... put your foot on their throats and at least win the division. 

• Like (+1) 1