Week 7 - Titans at Bills Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Cooper  14 for 221 and 3 TDs

Because why not? 

McDermott would never allow a newly signed WR to take that many snaps away from Hollins and Samuel, because we need their blocking....

Hopefully Josh has a very efficient game, 14-221 3TD's usually happens in a shootout.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 hours ago, The Helmet of said:

Watched Indy @ Tennessee to see what I could see. I focused mostly on the Titans even though we play Indy in three weeks.

The Titans offense came out efficient and on script (which one expects coming off an early season BYE).

Levis didn’t throw his first incompletion until the second Q.

Tennessee was up 17-10 late in the third. They made Indy work for it. Yet the Titans were ultimately flagged for too many penalties and Indy had a few calls go their way.

Tennessee defense is hard to figure. They are number one in total yards allowed and number one in pass yards allowed. Top ten in rushing yards allowed. Based on this, it seems reasonable that Buffalo’s RBs are going to be key. Of course, they can have success against almost anyone. Buffalo has a damn stable! 

I don’t think the Titan D strikes fear in the hearts of their opponents despite their strong statistical rankings. Maybe I’m wrong.

For the O, the color analyst Adam Archuleta pointed out that the Titan offensive line has been improving a lot.

Surprising that Levis only had 95 yards! He did hit some nice throws. Had some misses. Does anyone else get the sense that’s the coaches don’t really trust him? They are not good with third down conversions. On a third and short they seem to prefer to run it.

Calvin Ridley was pissed off in the post game for not getting the ball. He’s totally not in rhythm with his QB. He only has nine catches on the year. Zero in this one. 19 yards in the last three games!!! How much is he getting paid? 90 million.🤣

Obviously Levis had a miserable interception in the fourth. I think there is a foreboding sense that Levis is always on the verge of making his next big mistake. He might not have the mental fortitude to play QB efficiently for 60 minutes. I guess he has mental lapses and he has embarrassed himself on the football field several occasions. His physical skill set is not the problem. Although there is evidence he may not be 100% healthy. He’s dealing with an arm injury as they seem to be avoiding deep vertical throws…

This could be a close game if Tennessee comes in fired up and super motivated playing desperately like their season is on the line…

Short of that, McDermott’s D should try its best to push a young Levis into “head case” mode, which is not far off. Bills D will be looking for turnovers in this one. Tennessee will be game planning to limit Will Levis’ mistakes.

I’m surprised at the praise for Levis - I have been less than impressed with him so far.  He’s physically gifted but makes some boneheaded mistakes that have cost the Titans 1/3 of their games this season.  

He also struggles to get the ball to his receivers and is type of QB that McDermott’s defense typically fares well against.  I think Spears is hurt and Pollard is good so the run/screen game is always a threat. 

My biggest concern is the defense which I think is pretty good.  Jeffery Simmons and Harold Landry have historically wreaked havoc against the offensive line and now they have T’Vondre Sweat who is a freakin beast.  Plus Sneed and Ernest Jones.  There’s a lot of talent on the defensive side that could make it hard to run the ball.  

If I weren’t a Bills fan I might take TEN at -9 to cover, though I think the Bills win a close game

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I’m surprised at the praise for Levis - I have been less than impressed with him so far.  He’s physically gifted but makes some boneheaded mistakes that have cost the Titans 1/3 of their games this season.  

He also struggles to get the ball to his receivers and is type of QB that McDermott’s defense typically fares well against.  I think Spears is hurt and Pollard is good so the run/screen game is always a threat. 

My biggest concern is the defense which I think is pretty good.  Jeffery Simmons and Harold Landry have historically wreaked havoc against the offensive line and now they have T’Vondre Sweat who is a freakin beast.  Plus Sneed and Ernest Jones.  There’s a lot of talent on the defensive side that could make it hard to run the ball.  

If I weren’t a Bills fan I might take TEN at -9 to cover, though I think the Bills win a close game

I would take the Bills to cover. I think Levis is going to find it miserable playing on the road against this D. And Josh seems to do really well when he can get to the LoS with 20 seconds on the play clock and play general, something he wasn’t able to do in Baltimore and Houston…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Things may be coming together for the Bills after a 4-2 start that easily could have been 2-4. The Cook-Davis-Johnson trio behind a very good line is an exciting development, and now they have a truly high-caliber receiving corps in Cooper, Shakir, Coleman, Samuels, and Hollins, with Kincaid and Knox as potentially dangerous weapons also. Williams is balling, Bernard and Taron are back, and Miller is returning soon, along with Milano (hopefully) in time for the playoffs. The only concerns are safety and kicker. They might be ok with Hamlin and Rapp, but you can't go far with an unreliable kicker. That appears to be the only urgent concern now. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, finn said:

Things may be coming together for the Bills after a 4-2 start that easily could have been 2-4. The Cook-Davis-Johnson trio behind a very good line is an exciting development, and now they have a truly high-caliber receiving corps in Cooper, Shakir, Coleman, Samuels, and Hollins, with Kincaid and Knox as potentially dangerous weapons also. Williams is balling, Bernard and Taron are back, and Miller is returning soon, along with Milano (hopefully) in time for the playoffs. The only concerns are safety and kicker. They might be ok with Hamlin and Rapp, but you can't go far with an unreliable kicker. That appears to be the only urgent concern now. 

high caliber is a stretch IMO.  But, this move gets the WR room out of the basement that’s for sure

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, finn said:

Dorian is still missing tackles in open field chasing down wide runs or scrambles. Almost always leads to a big chunk play 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Typical McDermott move

McDermott didn’t sound too thrilled when talking about the Cooper trade today. It’s understandable that you might not go overboard with praise for a guy who hasn’t played a snap with the team yet, but McDermott seemed to go out of his way to talk about how guys coming in like this might not work out.

He was then asked about Cooper being a leader and he made a point to say he doesn’t know anything about that. It sounded like he was a little pissed off that he is being added to the team.

Anyone else get that vibe from his presser? It was odd.

Edited by Cotton Fitzsimmons
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Here’s my hot take/prediction.****  I have not watched a single Titans game with Will Levis.

their D is a paper tiger.  They have played no one any good.  Allen will expose them.  It will be easy to run up the score because McD always has the D ready to pick on the little wimpy kid (teams with bad QBs) and will force a lot of 3 and out and a few turnovers.  

im thinking like 38-13 Bills.  We score 6 TDs, Bass misses 5 extra points, and after  the 6th TD we got for 2.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

McDermott didn’t sound too thrilled when talking about the Cooper trade today. It’s understandable that you might not go overboard with praise for a guy who hasn’t played a snap with the team yet, but McDermott seemed to go out of his way to talk about how guys coming in like this might not work out.

He was then asked about Cooper being a leader and he made a point to say he doesn’t know anything about that. It sounded like he was a little pissed off that he is being added to the team.

Maybe he's afraid that the Bills will start throwing the ball more and abandon his "run the ball" mentality 🤷. I'm all about having balance, but having weapons on both sides of the scale 

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

I notice what you're saying but interpretted it a little differently.

In interviews, McDermott often seems like a cold fish.  Very rational.  Not emotional.  Doesn't divulge much.  

Reading between the lines, I think he's excited to have Cooper but didn't want to denigrate his current receivers by saying what a great addition he is and so repeated his typical mantra about football being a team sport: 'It's never just one guy.'   

Deflecting the question about leadership was a little odd.  Given that Cooper is a prominent player who's been in the league for 10 years, it seems unlikely that McD doesn't know what kind of presence he has in a locker room.  And yet that's what he claimed - the only thing he knows about him is what he's seen on tape.  My guess is that McD's heard some negative stuff.  Not enough to veto the trade but enough that he didn't have anything positive to say when asked that question and so he deflected.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4