Week 7 - Titans at Bills Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

10 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Bad? That dude was the MVP of the game last week. He’s reckless no question. Incredibly physical with zero fear…..I’m going to be the odd one out here and tell you….(on defense) I like that.

Guys on your defense should be guys that make well adjusted people uncomfortable. Like, not all there and bordering on dangerous. I want my defense to make the other teams question whether or not they wanna be out there. Nice guys play tennis 

Huh? Where did you get that from? There wasn’t a single moment I said he was bad last week or even that anyone else said that. 

He’s been heavily critiqued in statements I’ve heard/read irl and on this forum. That was the bad wrap he gets was my point. 

I’ve always liked Rapp even from his Rams days. He proved his rookie year he has a place in the pros. I’ve never alluded otherwise in conversation or a post on here. Was actually happy that he was a potential successor to Poyer/Hyde for the exact reason you like the guy; he’s willing to be physical and on that fine line of reckless and threatening. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Tomorrow would be a great time to give Bishop and Rapp a look together. Last week was absolutely the coming out party for 9. Without him we are in 2nd place. That guy earned my respect going forward. We just have to move on from Hamlin. He’s simply nowhere near good enough. Let’s see the kid paired with Rapp and get a look at the future of Buffalo

Bill safety play.

Bishop was terrible. He aint ready for this yet.  Wasnt that obvious the last two times he was on the field?

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Bishop was terrible. He aint ready for this yet.  Wasnt that obvious the last two times he was on the field?

No not really, he had a life lesson learning about getting burned over the top. Beyond that he was playing next to Hamlin. How good could he look in his first start paired with that hot garbage.

Just now, Meatloaf63 said:

No not really, he had a life lesson learning about getting burned over the top. Beyond that he was playing next to Hamlin. How good could he look in his first start paired with that hot garbage.

Yes really, he was bad. Doesnt matter who he played next to. He was oft out of position.

14 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes really, he was bad. Doesnt matter who he played next to. He was oft out of position.

Yes first game starting, and that’s an exaggeration. Hamlin is often out of position, hesitating because he knows he doesn’t have the speed to cover, takes poor angles , spends most his time jumping on piles long after the tackle. This is exactly the game Bishop should get lots of playing time to help him get up to speed. Or give the veteran we brought in this year to see what he can do. Hamlin is a backup nothing more.

Don't love our matchup with the titans' defense. Puts a lot of emphasis on our passing game before Amari is likely to spruce up our attack. 

Pair that with their rushing abilities against our D....

I dunno. We should win this convincingly but it's hard to see an easy victory - we tend to play down. Zach Wilson Jets. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Don't love our matchup with the titans' defense. Puts a lot of emphasis on our passing game before Amari is likely to spruce up our attack. 

Pair that with their rushing abilities against our D....

I dunno. We should win this convincingly but it's hard to see an easy victory - we tend to play down. Zach Wilson Jets. 

For me it’s a win win. We win - great we should. We lose - one step closer to firing McD 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, balln said:

No no. He said “team speed” on D multiple times.

said This D will go as the D line goes.

and said they have trouble with end of half / game situations 

So let’s examine this. The DL doesn’t need “speed” and the Bills’ LBs are young and fast. So what was he talking about?

2 minutes ago, eball said:

So let’s examine this. The DL doesn’t need “speed” and the Bills’ LBs are young and fast. So what was he talking about?

I see Dorian plenty not make the open field tackle out wide. AJE can’t make plays on the edge vs the run. Our safeties.. lol Rapp runs a 4.78. Hamlin ran a 4.68 at combine.  sure it’s 4.9 now. 

I don’t know. He is the GOAT. He’s right - We do lack team speed on D when I look at the other teams in the nfl. 

2 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

1 hour ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Yes first game starting, and that’s an exaggeration. Hamlin is often out of position, hesitating because he knows he doesn’t have the speed to cover, takes poor angles , spends most his time jumping on piles long after the tackle. This is exactly the game Bishop should get lots of playing time to help him get up to speed. Or give the veteran we brought in this year to see what he can do. Hamlin is a backup nothing more.

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Have you seen Hamlin per chance ? He’s a complete liability weekly. I need to see someone else. If it’s not Bishop, ok. But enough of Hamlin

Okay, then please share concrete evidence of these "Hamlin sucks!" observations. 

I'm 100% willing to accept a convincing argument about a late-round safety with a unique injury history being below starting caliber. That is the likeliest reality, in fact! So please show me why, in this case. 

Edited by Richard Noggin
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Decent matchups for the other top AFC teams this weekend. Texans vs the 4-2 Packers, KC at 49ers, Ravens at the 4-2 Bucs. We could end the weekend controlling our own destiny for the #1 seed if we win and they all drop a game.

To be clear, I’m pretty sure that Bills control their own destiny irrespective of other games. 

Pretty sure that Bills will be 1 seed if they go 15-2. 

12 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

The DBs are painfully slow as a group.

Gotta agree with this. Benford and Douglas have average speed. Elam has above average speed, but doesn’t play. All the others, including Taron, are below average. 

19 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

To be clear, I’m pretty sure that Bills control their own destiny irrespective of other games. 

Pretty sure that Bills will be 1 seed if they go 15-2. 

Practically speaking that's true, but technically if the Bills win out they could still be behind KC, HOU and BAL. Any help we can get is much appreciated. Most years the #1 seed in the AFC has either 3 or 2 losses. So we're kind of already right there.

5 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

So McDermott always makes the right decision is what you're saying? 

Did it make any sense when Xavier Rhodes, a 33 year old washed up vet played instead of Elam in 2022? And then when Elam DID play, he made a game changing INT in the playoffs.

I'm not just going to blindly trust McDermott with everything, respectfully 

I’m not saying I blindly trust McD. What I’m saying is I doubt he would put an inferior player on the field over Hamlin if he didn’t earn it. 

I’m not comparing other positions on the team. I’m addressing the safety position specifically. 

I'm a massive Bishop fan but he looked bad first game and I think coaches are putting the best players possible out there at safety. At little surprised we didn't try and keep one of Hyde or Poyer, but they were getting older. Hyde isn't playing and Poyer has a horrible PFF grade for Miami. Can't be too upset with how FO has managed the safety position the last 12 months, but yeah our current starters are not all-pros. Rapp was good last weekend. Cam Lewis has not been good this year but gets some understanding since he had to move around with the Taron Johnson injury.

Be nice to have Von Miller and Milano back when they come back.