Week 7 - Titans at Bills Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

4 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Mike Williams is similar to Cooper in that he would cost < $1m in cap to acquire. Jets probably wouldn’t trade him to us, but I’d kick the tires.

He’s terrible.  Will likely be his last season before he joins Kelvin Benjamin and Jordan Matthews transitioning to TE miserably 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

He sounded just as excited as we all were last year when they beat Miami in Miami and won the division, Sal talked to him as he was headed into the locker room and he was not reserved at all, Could have been one of us for those few minutes.

After which he did 3 "Our Process" and 4 "hail complimentary football" for his sins of showing excitement.  

• Haha (+1) 4

9 hours ago, Kaenon said:

Even with Amari Cooper, Bills have 0 pass catchers in the top-50 in terms of receiving yards.

But, they do have 3 rushers in the top-50 in terms of rushing yards.

And that's something they should continue to lean on. They showed that Davis could come in for Cook and it didn't even look like they missed a step. This Bills team runs the ball, really well actually.

6 hours ago, MJS said:

How about McDermott incorporating John Brown, Stef Diggs, and Cole Beasley? Those guys came in and had the best stats of their careers. The other guys just sucked. Amari Cooper is a real receiver with real talent.

I'm surprised by Samuel, but he legitimately looks bad out there, and not just slower, he doesn't track the ball well or run good routes. He isn't separating. Maybe he is dealing with injuries, or maybe he just doesn't have it anymore. Either way, you can't force guys to be good and play well. It isn't just about putting them into position to succeed. They also have to perform well.

That was with Daboll and they came in, in training camp not mid season. Im not saying they wont get him involved even week one. Im just saying that he didnt sound upbeat about it in his presser. That is all. Its not about guesses or feelsies. Its about how he acted and what he actually said.

7 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Hines was a completely different situation.  It was mostly a player for player trade of a guy (Zach moss) that really wasn’t doing much for us and we acquired a gadget-y player with a high ceiling for little to no risk. 

trying to compare ‘how to use’ Samuel and 

MVS to Amari Cooper is wild and I feel like you know that 🤣 don’t think I have to get into that one too much 

how do you know it’s not gonna be ‘teach him

a handful of plays to get him on the field the same week’ from what mcd said in the press conference is what I don’t understand from your posts.  You say you just paraphrased but its pretty much just your personal bias that’s getting you there.  

the mcd press conference criticism stuff has been very weird, you have to think of it as everything he is telling you in the press conference he is also telling his upcoming opponents. He’s not gonna share the inner workings of the teams plans in a public forum like that.  In fact if I had to guess, I think cooper probably is playing and beane spilled the beans by mistake on that podcast because he couldn’t help himself lol 

I dont care what they acquired the player for. What difference does it make what kind of trade it is. Its about can they actually get him in the offense and use him. Its about how he acted on the presser.  They couldnt figure out how to use Hines at all. They couldnt figure out and still cant seem to figure out how to use two very good TEs to their potential.

Yes, obviously Cooper is better than Samuel and MVS.  Samuel is a guy that regularly got 600-800 yards per season with bad QBs. We are 2 games shy of mid season and the guy has 92 yards. 44 of those yards are from 3 passes. He now has an Elite QB and they can't find a way to even get him his normal season totals. Thats my point.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I wish Mike Edwards would start with Rapp

IMO he is a much better player than Hamlin and has a penchant for turnovers

I believe he’s being shafted because of his contract game bonuses and Hamlin being favored by the staff due to years here and what he overcame

It’s all about the playbook. Damar has the upper hand being in his 4th year. 

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I wish Mike Edwards would start with Rapp

IMO he is a much better player than Hamlin and has a penchant for turnovers

I believe he’s being shafted because of his contract game bonuses and Hamlin being favored by the staff due to years here and what he overcame

You don’t think it has anything to do with Hamlin knowing the calls and playbook much better than Edwards?  I’d wager that that’s a huge part of it.  We’re talking about McDermott here.  If you are playing in the back end of the defense, you best know where to be on every play.  

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You don’t think it has anything to do with Hamlin knowing the calls and playbook much better than Edwards?  I’d wager that that’s a huge part of it.  We’re talking about McDermott here.  If you are playing in the back end of the defense, you best know where to be on every play.  

fair point!

• Like (+1) 1