Week 7 - Titans at Bills Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

43 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Just an observation...but has McD ever sounded excited?

He sounded just as excited as we all were last year when they beat Miami in Miami and won the division, Sal talked to him as he was headed into the locker room and he was not reserved at all, Could have been one of us for those few minutes.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

We'll see what he can do and how we can fit him in is the gist of what McD actually said though. That + past experience with them not figuring out how to use guys.  Example Hines. Example Samuel. Example MVS.  I know none of these are elite players but they are all players that have produced elsewhere but havent been able to do a damn thing here. Two of them with a better QB. We cant even use our own TEs. Knox has been here for years and is on his second contract. Kincaid is on his second year.

Coaches work new players into offenses all the time.  Its not hard for a coach to make a package of plays for a new player and get him involved. Is he going to be an every down player that knows are stuff week 1? Of course not, but he could easily be taught a little verbage and a handful of plays to get him on field same week. This guy is a 10 year vet. There isnt a playbook he hasnt seen.

If it is then tell me McD sounded excited to have him. You can't because he didn't.  Tell me what McD actually said because i paraphrased what he said. So now how is my argument silly or wrong?

I been a Bills fan for over 40 years and havent missed a game.  You go be a Jets fan.

How about McDermott incorporating John Brown, Stef Diggs, and Cole Beasley? Those guys came in and had the best stats of their careers. The other guys just sucked. Amari Cooper is a real receiver with real talent.

I'm surprised by Samuel, but he legitimately looks bad out there, and not just slower, he doesn't track the ball well or run good routes. He isn't separating. Maybe he is dealing with injuries, or maybe he just doesn't have it anymore. Either way, you can't force guys to be good and play well. It isn't just about putting them into position to succeed. They also have to perform well.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

He sounded just as excited as we all were last year when they beat Miami in Miami and won the division, Sal talked to him as he was headed into the locker room and he was not reserved at all, Could have been one of us for those few minutes.

Huge difference - in Miami the team made had a huge win and there was no downside in showing his emotion.  With the A Cooper development there, while internally McDermott is probably excited, he doesn't want to show it, primarily for two reasons:

1.  If McDermott showed excitement for A Cooper it would mean that the current players weren't good enough.  The locker room culture is extremely important to McDermott. 

2.  McDermott probably does not want A Cooper coming in as a prima donna.  He doesn't want a WR that demands a certain target share.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Huge difference - in Miami the team made had a huge win and there was no downside in showing his emotion.  With the A Cooper development there, while internally McDermott is probably excited, he doesn't want to show it, primarily for two reasons:

1.  If McDermott showed excitement for A Cooper it would mean that the current players weren't good enough.  The locker room culture is extremely important to McDermott. 

2.  McDermott probably does not want A Cooper coming in as a prima donna.  He doesn't want a WR that demands a certain target share.

Could very well be, 

11 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I was responding to a comment that he has never shown excitement.

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This game will be shown all over the northeast, including Boston. So I'm good.

Here in NJ, we get the Giants - Eagles on FOX. No early game on CBS. At 4 we get Commanders and Panthers on CBS (BARF) and the 49ers and Chiefs on FOX. 

Edited by Gregg
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

McD only gets excited for new safety features on cars and classical music played at an appropriate volume. 

• Haha (+1) 1