Week 7 - Titans at Bills Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

23 hours ago, NewEra said:

You don’t think it has anything to do with Hamlin knowing the calls and playbook much better than Edwards?  I’d wager that that’s a huge part of it.  We’re talking about McDermott here.  If you are playing in the back end of the defense, you best know where to be on every play.  

If Edwards hasn’t learned it by now, that’s pretty sad.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

If Edwards hasn’t learned it by now, that’s pretty sad.

There’s more to it than just learning the playbook.  

You can know the playbook and not know it nearly as well as someone else.  One guy may be much better at making the calls.  May be more nuanced in know situations.  It’s not like Edwards was ever really good.  He’s always been jagish

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Danger Mouse said:

Just realised I’m seeing Alice Cooper on Sunday when the game is on.  ***** sake. 

But it’s Cooper…🤘

I’ll be missing some of it too, working a charity event for kids, so deleting all the apps, turning off radio, ect so I can watch from beginning when I get home 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, taglientep said:

But it’s Cooper…🤘

I’ll be missing some of it too, working a charity event for kids, so deleting all the apps, turning off radio, ect so I can watch from beginning when I get home 

Wait.  You’re going to an Alice Coopeqr concert that starts at 1 pm? Does he have to be done so he can get to the early bird at Dennys?

Guess he s not 18 anymore.  But maybe he likes it. 

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

There’s more to it than just learning the playbook.  

You can know the playbook and not know it nearly as well as someone else.  One guy may be much better at making the calls.  May be more nuanced in know situations.  It’s not like Edwards was ever really good.  He’s always been jagish

How long has he been here? Through training camp, 6 games? He’s a professional , and not a rookie, he should be up to speed by now. I don’t care how well Hamlin knows the playbook. He’s too slow, he takes terrible angles. He often hesitates, he doesn’t belong on the field. It will haunt us if he’s not replaced by the play offs. Good teams abuse him.

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

How long has he been here? Through training camp, 6 games? He’s a professional , and not a rookie, he should be up to speed by now. I don’t care how well Hamlin knows the playbook. He’s too slow, he takes terrible angles. He often hesitates, he doesn’t belong on the field. It will haunt us if he’s not replaced by the play offs. Good teams abuse him.

Agreed.

Also..

If he can start many games for KC and Tampa, who both won super bowls, is he really worse than Damar Hamlin who is mediocre at best?

Unless he fell off a cliff the last 6 months which I have a hard time believing, I think Mcd really overthinks things sometimes

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

Agreed.

Also..

If he can start many games for KC and Tampa, who both won super bowls, is he really worse than Damar Hamlin who is mediocre at best?

Unless he fell off a cliff the last 6 months which I have a hard time believing, I think Mcd really overthinks things sometimes

Based on what ? He was a backup that filled in with those teams. Most people assumed Hamlin would not start. He is, and one thing about McD is he a solid DB coach. I think he knows more than I do. Hamlin is not great but apparently Edwards is not as good per the Bills coach’s. Might change later in the year 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

I don’t care how well Hamlin knows the playbook. He’s too slow, he takes terrible angles. He often hesitates, he doesn’t belong on the field. It will haunt us if he’s not replaced by the play offs. Good teams abuse him.

So much for getting you that Hamlin jersey for Christmas. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Based on what ? He was a backup that filled in with those teams. Most people assumed Hamlin would not start. He is, and one thing about McD is he a solid DB coach. I think he knows more than I do. Hamlin is not great but apparently Edwards is not as good per the Bills coach’s. Might change later in the year 🤷🏻‍♂️

I've never zoned in on the guy play myself.

But what I heard from a lot of analysts? he's a serviceable safety who can make some splash INTs and is reliable in deep coverage and played solid when called upon on those Super Bowl teams.

Now Hamlin I have seen play. And the guy is straight up not good lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Edwards is not as good per the Bills coach’s.

Why waste a roster spot and $ on the guy?

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Now Hamlin I have seen play. And the guy is straight up not good lol

The effort on the Derrick Henry run sealed it for me. Personally, I wouldn't want to tackle that truck either, but I would've faked it better than that 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Let’s see…… oj Howard , nyheim Hines , L Collin’s …… 

Le Sigh 

6 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

The effort on the Derrick Henry run sealed it for me. Personally, I wouldn't want to tackle that truck either, but I would've faked it better than that 

It’s not effort. Hes just a supremely athletically inferior professional athlete

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/damar-hamlin/32004841-4d40-1130-e55c-c458b6bff7bf

It’s amazing how these pre draft profiles are pretty accurate 

Edited by balln
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1