Week 7 - Titans at Bills Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

40 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

If anyone here named Marvin just called into WGR, you nailed it....sooooo good.

Had to go back and listen. And yep you're right. Very good

Sal is so close minded to Elam moving to safety. Saying he'd have to retrain his life's work. We've seen receivers do this and other CBs do this. If I'm not mistaken. Didn't Hyde start as more of a CB?

Edited by Goin Breakdown

10 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Had to go back and listen. And yep you're right. Very good

Sal is so close minded to Elam moving to safety. Saying he'd have to retrain his life's work. We've seen receivers do this and other CBs do this. If I'm not mistaken. Didn't Hyde start as more of a CB?

I think we have seen this as older CBs slow down they move to safety I think my thing with Elam at saftey is we call on our safeties to move into the box and tackle... not sure this is his forte. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

What was his main point on the call? Missed it

that carpaccio is a meat dish and not a man, and you wouldn't go to the deli for football advice so why should he listen to sal?

he then hung up but promised to listen, we're not sure if he did 

• Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

What was his main point on the call? Missed it

Just the personality, passion and knowledge was spot on. I loved it when he said "why don't you guys ever ask any tough questions to the coach?"

He hammered Spencer Brown for getting a bunch of dumb penalties and always being in the scrum when he should just walk away. He then insisted that there must be something weird going on with Elam because he has shown he can make plays when given a chance. Lastly, he basically said Hamlin is a great story but he's just an awful player. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Just the personality, passion and knowledge was spot on. I loved it when he said "why don't you guys ever ask any tough questions to the coach?"

He hammered Spencer Brown for getting a bunch of dumb penalties and always being in the scrum when he should just walk away. He then insisted that there must be something weird going on with Elam because he has shown he can make plays when given a chance. Lastly, he basically said Hamlin is a great story but he's just an awful player. 

Agree with all except Brown. 

The personal foul was a joke and he got called for a couple formation penalties that were due to guys lining up around him wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

49 minutes ago, JP51 said:

I think we have seen this as older CBs slow down they move to safety I think my thing with Elam at saftey is we call on our safeties to move into the box and tackle... not sure this is his forte. 

I'm not saying it's a good idea, but George Wilson immediately comes to mind. 

Sal made it seem like the idea of a cornerback moving to safety was the most preposterous thing he'd ever heard.

• Like (+1) 1