Week 7 - Titans at Bills Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

Watched Indy @ Tennessee to see what I could see. I focused mostly on the Titans even though we play Indy in three weeks.

The Titans offense came out efficient and on script (which one expects coming off an early season BYE).

Levis didn’t throw his first incompletion until the second Q.

Tennessee was up 17-10 late in the third. They made Indy work for it. Yet the Titans were ultimately flagged for too many penalties and Indy had a few calls go their way.

Tennessee defense is hard to figure. They are number one in total yards allowed and number one in pass yards allowed. Top ten in rushing yards allowed. Based on this, it seems reasonable that Buffalo’s RBs are going to be key. Of course, they can have success against almost anyone. Buffalo has a damn stable! 

I don’t think the Titan D strikes fear in the hearts of their opponents despite their strong statistical rankings. Maybe I’m wrong.

For the O, the color analyst Adam Archuleta pointed out that the Titan offensive line has been improving a lot.

Surprising that Levis only had 95 yards! He did hit some nice throws. Had some misses. Does anyone else get the sense that’s the coaches don’t really trust him? They are not good with third down conversions. On a third and short they seem to prefer to run it.

Calvin Ridley was pissed off in the post game for not getting the ball. He’s totally not in rhythm with his QB. He only has nine catches on the year. Zero in this one. 19 yards in the last three games!!! How much is he getting paid? 90 million.🤣

Obviously Levis had a miserable interception in the fourth. I think there is a foreboding sense that Levis is always on the verge of making his next big mistake. He might not have the mental fortitude to play QB efficiently for 60 minutes. I guess he has mental lapses and he has embarrassed himself on the football field several occasions. His physical skill set is not the problem. Although there is evidence he may not be 100% healthy. He’s dealing with an arm injury as they seem to be avoiding deep vertical throws…

This could be a close game if Tennessee comes in fired up and super motivated playing desperately like their season is on the line…

Short of that, McDermott’s D should try its best to push a young Levis into “head case” mode, which is not far off. Bills D will be looking for turnovers in this one. Tennessee will be game planning to limit Will Levis’ mistakes.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, The Helmet of said:

Watched Indy @ Tennessee to see what I could see. I focused mostly on the Titans even though we play Indy in three weeks.

The Titans offense came out efficient and on script (which one expects coming off an early season BYE).

Levis didn’t throw his first incompletion until the second Q.

Tennessee was up 17-10 late in the third. They made Indy work for it. Yet the Titans were ultimately flagged for too many penalties and Indy had a few calls go their way.

Tennessee defense is hard to figure. They are number one in total yards allowed and number one in pass yards allowed. Top ten in rushing yards allowed. Based on this, it seems reasonable that Buffalo’s RBs are going to be key. Of course, they can have success against almost anyone. Buffalo has a damn stable! 

I don’t think the Titan D strikes fear in the hearts of their opponents despite their strong statistical rankings. Maybe I’m wrong.

For the O, the color analyst Adam Archuleta pointed out that the Titan offensive line has been improving a lot.

Surprising that Levis only had 95 yards! He did hit some nice throws. Had some misses. Does anyone else get the sense that’s the coaches don’t really trust him? They are not good with third down conversions. On a third and short they seem to prefer to run it.

Calvin Ridley was pissed off in the post game for not getting the ball. He’s totally not in rhythm with his QB. He only has nine catches on the year. Zero in this one. 19 yards in the last three games!!! How much is he getting paid? 90 million.🤣

Obviously Levis had a miserable interception in the fourth. I think there is a foreboding sense that Levis is always on the verge of making his next big mistake. He might not have the mental fortitude to play QB efficiently for 60 minutes. I guess he has mental lapses and he has embarrassed himself on the football field several occasions. His physical skill set is not the problem. Although there is evidence he may not be 100% healthy. He’s dealing with an arm injury as they seem to be avoiding deep vertical throws…

This could be a close game if Tennessee comes in fired up and super motivated playing desperately like their season is on the line…

Short of that, McDermott’s D should try its best to push a young Levis into “head case” mode, which is not far off. Bills D will be looking for turnovers in this one. Tennessee will be game planning to limit Will Levis’ mistakes.

How much gas left in the tank does Hopkins seem to have? Asking for a GM 😂😆🤣

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

How much gas left in the tank does Hopkins seem to have? Asking for a GM 😂😆🤣

It’s hard to evaluate their receivers as their QB is still sitting at the kiddie table.

Maybe this is finally the week Devonte Adams comes on board. I hope he enjoyed watching Josh last night…

Maybe a straight up trade. T Bass for Adams?

Edited by The Helmet of
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Levis at this point is a 2018 version of Josh Allen. Probably going to screw some things up but is capable of going off and causing problems for a defense. With their offensive line being as good as it is and having decent running backs, I'm expecting alot of ground and pound from them against our soft run defense. The game is going to be very close and it may come down to a McDermott defense needing a stop late......

I think Allen will be the x factor by not turning the ball over and making enough plays. We win 20-16 off of an Allen rushing touchdown and passing touchdown to Cook on a screen. Ray Davis also runs for a touchdown. Bass misses another extra point

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Levis at this point is a 2018 version of Josh Allen. Probably going to screw some things up but is capable of going off and causing problems for a defense. With their offensive line being as good as it is and having decent running backs, I'm expecting alot of ground and pound from them against our soft run defense. The game is going to be very close and it may come down to a McDermott defense needing a stop late......

I think Allen will be the x factor by not turning the ball over and making enough plays. We win 20-16 off of an Allen rushing touchdown and passing touchdown to Cook on a screen. Ray Davis also runs for a touchdown. Bass misses another extra point

Will Levis is a young Josh Allen?!?! Who is your dealer? I need to get some of what you’re smoking. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Josh literally had a career day in his rookie season when he beat on the Vikings ON THE ROAD (a 17 point favorite) and announced his arrival in a huge way.

How has Will Levis done this? Crucial bonehead turnovers game after game in brutal losses and no acts of superhuman wonder. He has RIDLEY and HOPKINS as wideouts, unlike Josh who had BENJAMIN and ZAY JONES.

IN NO WAY are they the same.

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/32237/bills-rookie-qb-josh-allen-hurdles-vikings-as-part-of-shocking-start

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

Titans have a very underrated good defense.  The key to this game is going to be like the jaguars game.  Get the lead early and for levis to throw the ball a lot in a tough environment.

Ranked #1 in the NFL and the only D that has given up 21 or less points every game. This is not going to be a cake walk.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Ridley, Hopkins and Boyd with Pollard and Spears at RB should be a challenge for the defense, but as long as Levis is starting I'm not worried about this one. He will turn the ball over.

I love Levis play style. Hes like sugar high Josh, but not enough big plays to justify the turnovers. Basically what everyone thought JA17 would be like

• Agree 4

37 minutes ago, ElMarko said:

Will Levis is a young Josh Allen?!?! Who is your dealer? I need to get some of what you’re smoking. 

I would agree with that take. Levis is going to try to run you over, never gives up on a play and is always looking for the next big play. Hes very unpolished and makes more mistakes than big plays, but hes fun to watch. I'm rooting for him. If he can stop making bonehead plays, he could be a good QB. Very similar to what they said about Josh

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Josh literally had a career day in his rookie season when he beat on the Vikings ON THE ROAD (a 17 point favorite) and announced his arrival in a huge way.

How has Will Levis done this? Crucial bonehead turnovers game after game in brutal losses and no acts of superhuman wonder.

IN NO WAY are they the same.

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/32237/bills-rookie-qb-josh-allen-hurdles-vikings-as-part-of-shocking-start

Levis had a big comeback against the Dolphins last year on Monday night when the Dolphins were healthy and a monster game against the Falcons last year (4 TD passes). Dude hasn't benefitted from the offensive coaching Allen benefitted from early in his career (Daboll got Dan Jones paid after a career year so the facts are Allen had a competent OC whereas Levis has not) and has not had the strongest wide receiver room. He's shown flashes at times but needs that true number one receiver that helped Allens career blossom and needs a better OC

QBs sometimes need the right support. Look at Darnold this year. Finally gets a good offensive mind and receivers and he's great 

Edited by ProcessImproverMan
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Levis had a big comeback against the Dolphins last year on Monday night when the Dolphins were healthy and a monster game against the Falcons last year (4 TD passes). Dude hasn't benefitted from the offensive coaching Allen benefitted from early in his career (Daboll got Dan Jones paid after a career year so the facts are Allen had a competent OC whereas Levis has not) and has not had the strongest wide receiver room. He's shown flashes at times but needs that true number one receiver that helped Allens career blossom and needs a better OC

I was hoping with their new HC, who helped make Burrow a top QB, that Levis would clean up his game a bit. I would love for him to be a good rival to Stroud in Houston. Hes talented enough, just needs to slow down a bit mentally 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I love Levis play style. Hes like sugar high Josh, but not enough big plays to justify the turnovers. Basically what everyone thought JA17 would be like

He’s already missed time with an injury. He’s a physical guy but they’re trying to coach him out of it.

He may be a head case… 

19 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I was hoping with their new HC, who helped make Burrow a top QB, that Levis would clean up his game a bit. I would love for him to be a good rival to Stroud in Houston. Hes talented enough, just needs to slow down a bit mentally 

Burrow also has Chase, who he has alot of chemistry with from college, Higgins and had Boyd which made a difference. Much better than what Levis has. I agree Levis needs to slow things down mentally. The mental mistakes have been very bad at times. He physically is great though and has made some crazy good plays as well. I think we need to see what happens if the Titans give him a true number one receiver. Allen even in 2019 struggled some games and it was Diggs in 2020 who helped really grow his career. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Allen was way better in 2018 then Levis has been and with a lot fewer offensive weapons then Will has. 

• Like (+1) 2