Congrats to JA for most TDs in NFL history in first seven years

BillsFan619

5 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Still has ELEVEN games to go to make the TD record gap even bigger.

Way to go, JA! Go Bills!!

Also this…

I still can’t believe there’s people out there who consider him overrated. I am not even being a homer when I say if anything he is extremely underrated. Imagine having the arm of John Elway and the running power of Mike Alstott. Josh Allen is like something created out of a lab. One of the very very few physical draft freaks that actually panned out. Something tells me we’ll be getting this same record being broken by him every year until retirement.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I still can’t believe there’s people out there who consider him overrated. I am not even being a homer when I say if anything he is extremely underrated. Imagine having the arm of John Elway and the running power of Mike Alstott. Josh Allen is like something created out of a lab. One of the very very few physical draft freaks that actually panned out. Something tells me we’ll be getting this same record being broken by him every year until retirement.

He’s overrated because of the comparison to the guys he’s up against in his career. 

I love Josh, so don’t take this as hate, but he has had some moments of absolutely brutal play or decision making. 

He can try to do too much. Sometimes that’s his downfall. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

He’s overrated because of the comparison to the guys he’s up against in his career. 

I love Josh, so don’t take this as hate, but he has had some moments of absolutely brutal play or decision making. 

He can try to do too much. Sometimes that’s his downfall. 

He definitely has had a tendency to default to superhero mode too soon, going back to his early years. 

Part of that is on a front office and coaching staff that put him in a tough situation from the word “go”, throwing him to the wolves behind a bad line and with his “number one” receiver being Kelvin Benjamin’s corpse. 

Compared to the situation Mahomes had, learning for a year behind Alex Smith and having all world weapons like Kelce and Tyreek Hill, it’s night and day. The shame is that once a player gets into the habit of needing to be Superman, that’s a tough thing to break him out of. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

I just read an AI bot that said this. Can anybody confirm if this is true? If so, would Allen have the record? 

According to this website Josh has the most TD throws to start a season without an INT. Steve Young had the same number but in 8 games.

The record for passes in a season before an INT is held by the Brian Hoyer (Because why not) with 200. Josh is second with 156. He averages 26 throws a game, so if he makes it two more games, he will be in some rare company

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

He definitely has had a tendency to default to superhero mode too soon, going back to his early years. 

Part of that is on a front office and coaching staff that put him in a tough situation from the word “go”, throwing him to the wolves behind a bad line and with his “number one” receiver being Kelvin Benjamin’s corpse. 

Compared to the situation Mahomes had, learning for a year behind Alex Smith and having all world weapons like Kelce and Tyreek Hill, it’s night and day. The shame is that once a player gets into the habit of needing to be Superman, that’s a tough thing to break him out of. 

absolutely. but he just seems like that guy who refuses to lose and will do everything he can to win, whether it’s borderline maniacal or not lol. can’t fault it because it’s won us a lot of games when the only top talents he had were very few in comparison to, like you pointed out, the chiefs have had. 

my only concern is the OLine. it’s spotty play and the interior of it needs some work. not advocating they get rid of these guys as it stands but they need to look at the future. dawkins is getting up there and I think mcgovern is a better guard than C. just mo. look at the Pats for all those years. keep brady upright. you see it now with KC. they have the best interior line play in all of football. close to that cowboys of Collins/Frederick/Martin, then a stud all-pro in Smith @ LT. 

feels like this regime wants to put all their eggs in one basket in terms of what positions or units to improve instead of balancing it out for the whole roster. That usually doesn’t work for sustained success. 

Edited by Sojourner

1 hour ago, balln said:

Not yet. Needs to take the easy stuff. And make the zero play more. And be more disciplined. 

I've also said this for years, I mean the easy stuff to Kincaid etc was there yesterday but then we don't get ridiculous highlights like the throw to Davis. Definitely needs to find that balance 

55 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

According to this website Josh has the most TD throws to start a season without an INT. Steve Young had the same number but in 8 games.

The record for passes in a season before an INT is held by the Brian Hoyer (Because why not) with 200. Josh is second with 156. He averages 26 throws a game, so if he makes it two more games, he will be in some rare company

This should be a stat that everyone is passing around this week. 

Steve Young appears to have only started 2 or 3 of those 8 games. 

5 hours ago, Gary Marangi said:

Welcome to the Josh Allen experience 😁👍

6 hours ago, Gary Marangi said:

4 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I'll say it and I've been saying it,  Allen is superior to Mahomes, outplayed Mahomes in the playoffs,  Defense/ST lost those games, once he matches his accolades he'll be unanimously the goat of this generation 

Totally agree. History will laugh at that the Narrative had Lamar and Mahomes better---better!--than this centaur of a player.