[Vague Title] Was it Fumble

The rule based on what they said once he is physically hit that’s the angle you need to look at.

i saw a tuck rule situation which would result in a fumble now but it was close I think since the ruled it a fumble they should have taken more time instead of changing it within 30 secs

• Agree 1

Thought it was a fumble. He completely swung his arm and then just dropped the ball. There certainly wasn’t any receiver available to catch it, which seems to inconsistently dictate these things.

• Like (+1) 1

One of those weird situations where neither call is "wrong". 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Maybe one time on the BS AJ roughing did Troy speak out. 

I kind of thought that was the only one that was sort of legit.

He tried to drive that throwing shoulder right into the turf, and I don't blame him.

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I actually thought the ball may have went slightly backwards and would would have made it a fumble not matter if it was a tuck rule thingy.

I did too but on a replay they showed later, it looked like it went about 8" forward.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It is such a grey area.  Was his arm going forward?  Yes.  Was he attempting a pass?  Absolutely not.

Supposedly, they got rid of the tuck rule several years ago.  In my opinion, yes, that is absolutely a fumble.  But, it is such a strange play and you know the league would never call that a fumble on a select few star QBs for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Not sure I completely understood the Rogers incomplete/fumble call. Sure looked like he just dropped the ball. Close one but thought it should of been called a fumble. 

I don’t understand how it wasn’t a fumble.  It’s one of those NFL plays where 10/10 logical football fans would call that a fumble but for whatever reason the officials think otherwise.

Another example of overcomplicated rules that make no sense  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Beast said:

I actually thought the ball may have went slightly backwards and would would have made it a fumble not matter if it was a tuck rule thingy.

Apparently if you are hit while in the throwing motion it doesn't matter if it goes backwards, it is still a pass.  The rule is meant to eliminate a lot of judgement calls about intent after the hand starts forward with the ball in control.

He was clearly about to tuck the ball, but I understand that there is a defined point of when the tuck starts (when the ball goes past vertical) that he didn't hit.

It was called correctly, but it is an annoying play that fits into the spot between these 2 rules.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rew said:

Apparently if you are hit while in the throwing motion it doesn't matter if it goes backwards, it is still a pass.  The rule is meant to eliminate a lot of judgement calls about intent after the hand starts forward with the ball in control.

He was clearly about to tuck the ball, but I understand that there is a defined point of when the tuck starts (when the ball goes past vertical) that he didn't hit.

It was called correctly, but it is an annoying play that fits into the spot between these 2 rules.

The problem is once it’s a tuck it’s not considered a pass and would be a fumble 

I just thought they should have looked at it more but it was very quick and nfl coming in and making assist calls