So about the refs tonight

Einstein

Zebras made the game just about unwatchable. If I wasn’t a Bills fan, I would’ve turned off any other game that featured 200 yards of penalty yardage… I refuse to believe any two professional teams are that undisciplined. Networks need to pressure the league to just let players play, bc it makes for awful television.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

was it just me or was the incompetence of the referees at an all-time level tonight? 

- Spencer Brown called for finishing a block. Something you are taught to do since Pee-wee football. 

- Jets may or may not have made their first extra point.

- Taron flagged for being smaller than the offensive lineman and falling under him

- Both teams flagged for tackling the QB (I guess Epenesa should know better than to try and strip the ball?)

- Dawkins flagged for… something? I’m actually not even sure what it was because it happened between the periods and the announcers didn’t seem to know what he did wrong… So maybe it was deserved? or maybe it was completely baloney?

- Jets PI when the ball was thrown several yards out of bounds

The only positive I can find from this is that at least it was equally bad officiating for both teams so it evens out in its own sick way

Roughing the passer calls should be automatic booth reviews. They are just too big of a game changing call. From a 7-10 yard loss on a sack and loss of down to a 15 yard penalty in the other direction and automatic first down. They have the same impact of a turnover. 

Had the booth automatically reviewed the roughing call, I am sure it would have been overturned. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

43 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

The only positive I can find from this is that at least it was equally bad officiating for both teams so it evens out in its own sick way

Yeah... After AJE call... They knew they effed up! Then it escalated because when a ref makes a game changing call on an inherently clean football play... They lose the player's discipline.  That's why it escalated! Then refs in their infinitesimal wisdom turned it on the Jets... It got ugly with the players thinking: "WTF! I might as well just do what I want because I am NOT sure how they want me to play!"

6 hours ago, MPT said:

I hope you're being sarcastic. A penalty that doesn't help the Bills' kickoff at all is not the same as one that gives the Jets 15 yards instead of having to punt. 

A personal foul penalty during point after- I believe the 15 yard penalty should be from the line of scrimmage on first down, not added to the kickoff.  That’s pointless and promotes personal fouls 

• Agree 1