So about the refs tonight

Einstein

11 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

On our drive to end the first half they randomly stopped the clock multiple times when no one took a timeout this ended up giving the jets a chance at a Hail Mary 

we caught a ball int the middle to dalton with 58 secs left and somehow we were in the huddle and they started the clock this happened twice like they were confused and told bills to huddle up to waste some time 

Probably one of the worst ref games I’ve seen in a loooooog time, like bills vs patriots Brady era bad. 

I understand that officiating is hard, but how can the most important sports league in America have the worst officiating in all of American sports???

So far this year, the crews for this game and the Arizona game were not just bad, they were completely inept and incompetent!

C'mon, NFL......get this figured out.....hire full-time officials that are held accountable (i.e. firing) when a certain level of bad calls occur.

9 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I don't know why but officiating in the NFL is consistently poor.

Most of the time I watch an NFL game I'm irritated by the officiating and feel sorry for at least one of the teams playing.

What really doubles down on their suckitude is when they make a poor call so they then make a poor makeup call... because two bad calls is better than one bad call.

It's too often Super Effin' irritating watching these games.

Like the roughing the passer on Allen, god bless him but he flopped big time. It’s a good heads up play knowing that the refs had a bad call for Rodgers earlier. 

• Like (+1) 3

I thought there were two bad calls.  The roughing the passer on AJE was bad.  He didn't try to forcefully take him to the ground.  The other bad call was on the PI against Benford I think when McD thought the ball was uncatchable.  I just thought that was a weak DPI call.

The DPI on the ball out of bounds was an ok call.  He held up the WR quite a bit and just because it landed out of bound doesn't mean it wasn't a catchable ball on the sideline. The reality is they almost never rule the ball was uncatchable.  Brown was being a dick after the whistle the whole game.  He didn't just finish the block he purposefully dove on top of the guy.  It was tick tack but he was probably warned several times.  

The holding call on the Jets TD could have easily been a non call.  That defender was not going to stop that TD.  

It was a brutal game to watch but 90% of the penalties were called correctly.

Edited by Ethan in Cleveland

Refs inserted themselves too many times on calls that could have gone both ways.  Calls that are non-calls on many other games.

Bills should not have let the refs take the “sail out of their winds”’ , but how can you not when it obvious multiple calls were BS.

One penalty that deserves attention   jets called for encroachment. Yet…there is a LONG ref meeting with copious amounts of refs jabbering to ultimately call an obvious encroachment.  Why??

• Thank you (+1) 1

Not as old as some of you guys, but in my 34 years on this Earth, being obsessed with NFL football since age 7... This is up there in the top three all-time worst officiated games I've ever seen.

I almost checked out of the game there in the second half. I was mad about a penalty that helped the Bills win the game because I was so G.D. sick of seeing a flag on every play.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I never knew you could throw a forward pass with the ball in your grasp and the end of the ball pointing to the ground. 

Learned something new today 

This isn't getting talked about enough. Not only did the replay assistant blow the call, it then locks the Bills out from challenging the play. 

That's the man behind the curtain trying to fix a game levels bad.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, CLTbills said:

Not as old as some of you guys, but in my 34 years on this Earth, being obsessed with NFL football since age 7... This is up there in the top three all-time worst officiated games I've ever seen.

I almost checked out of the game there in the second half. I was mad about a penalty that helped the Bills win the game because I was so G.D. sick of seeing a flag on every play.

My buddy from high school who’s stationed in Germany just text me saying the same thing. 

“That game was like school days when one of the dads filled in and only knew a handful of the rules”

• Like (+1) 1

What’s frustrating about these games is it just becomes arbitrary, because, like the call on Brown, he dominates the player and finishes the block and it negates a huge play, but that is necessary in football and they can pick any play and say Its unnecessary. Just very hard to watch!!! 

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I totally forgot about this. But the “low block” by Taron on defense!! What?? First off, I have never heard of that penalty. But second, he was trying to get around the blocker. How is this even a penalty? 

It's a penalty.  He goes low to take out a blocker so someone else can make the tackle.  Same way you have defensive holding on a DL.  Johnson wasn't trying to make the tackle or engage the blocker.  It's a clear penalty and a good call.

• Like (+1) 2